+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Babloo,

Medicals are usually not required for TRVs. Your TRV has been updated because of the medicals done for your PR. There's no fixed time/estimates for decisions after medicals for TRVs.... maybe 1-2 weeks

Cheers

Nov 17, 2016
Hi Bryanna,

I have applied online on October 19 for TRV, but still my application status is Open. I made case specific inquiry on Nov 30 but no response from them. There was 2 email notifications, one in Nov 11 saying your application has been updated but nothing was changed, again another notification on Nov 21 saying there have been no updates in your application.

Another thing, i accidently linked my online account to another online account and when i log into my account, in view my submitted application section, no data available message comes. And in this situation i again need to link my account to another account and then will be able to see my application status open. Need to link all the time when i want to see my application status.

Please advice me on those two issues above.

Thank you for your help.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
2016 said:
Hi Bryanna,

I have applied online on October 19 for TRV, but still my application status is Open. I made case specific inquiry on Nov 30 but no response from them. There was 2 email notifications, one in Nov 11 saying your application has been updated but nothing was changed, again another notification on Nov 21 saying there have been no updates in your application.

Another thing, i accidently linked my online account to another online account and when i log into my account, in view my submitted application section, no data available message comes. And in this situation i again need to link my account to another account and then will be able to see my application status open. Need to link all the time when i want to see my application status.

Please advice me on those two issues above.

Thank you for your help.
Hello 2016, Same case with me also. I applied on Oct 19 and my TRV application is still open. IRCC responded with my query 3-4 days back saying application is in-process.

Nov 17, 2016
Hi Steller thanks for letting me know about your situation. Did u also make case specific inquiry if yes when was it? Thank you.

Singhyuvi

Dec 8, 2016
Hi seniors,

Greeting

i have three refusal for my family (ME.WIFE, TWO CHILDRENS) TRV.

The reasons are
1. Purpose of visit ( Family Holiday and pleasure)
2.Current employment situation ( i am self employed businessman and provide all the documents related to that)
3.Personal assets and financial status ( i have sufficient funds in my saving account (24000 CAD) And more than 20000 CAD in current a/c and i also have FD"S of more than 700000 CAD ON me and my wife name.
4. Last Two refusal

I am very delightful if anyone suggest me what to do ? May i have to apply again or forgot to see the dream of visiting Canda.

I am really thankful if anybody suggest what to do ?

panc0021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
did anyone applied online TRV on december 2016?
i did apply for my parents online.
does any one have idea how long the processing time for online TRV?

Sep 5, 2015
Hi Seniors,
Have a query regarding visa for parents since i cud not find it anywhere and thought can get better advise here. I am awaiting ITA n will probably get in next draw. As per super visa requirements i shall b able to sponsor my parents after filing atleast 2 years' tax return and also able to show minimum income. That will take too long. In the meantime, can i apply visitor visa (10 years multiple entry with stay not exceeding 6 months at a time) for them and after 2 years or so wen i become eligible then apply for super visa. this way they can visit n stay with me. Is it possible or will there b any restrictions in changing of normal visitor visa to super visa?

need advise on wat can b the best recourse.

Thanks

panc0021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hi kapi,

You can apply anytime for supervisa. Even though they had visitors visa. They have to apply from their home country with paper application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kapil Manchanda said:
Hi Seniors,
Have a query regarding visa for parents since i cud not find it anywhere and thought can get better advise here. I am awaiting ITA n will probably get in next draw. As per super visa requirements i shall b able to sponsor my parents after filing atleast 2 years' tax return and also able to show minimum income. That will take too long. In the meantime, can i apply visitor visa (10 years multiple entry with stay not exceeding 6 months at a time) for them and after 2 years or so wen i become eligible then apply for super visa. this way they can visit n stay with me. Is it possible or will there b any restrictions in changing of normal visitor visa to super visa?

need advise on wat can b the best recourse.

Thanks
Hi Kapil,

Your parents can certainly apply for TRVs even if you have not got an ITA/PR. They must demonstrate strong ties to their home country + adequate finances to pay for their visit + a genuine purpose to visit. Basically, your parents must prove they do not intent to remain long-term in Canada i.e until you're eligible to apply for their super visas.

Do note: Whether or not your parents are issued 10 years MEVs (TRVs) will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer. Not everyone who applies gets 10 years MEVs.... some applicants may get even single entry, 6 months' TRVs.

BTW the maximum length of visa for Canada is up to passport expiry. Not 10 years.

Also, whether a visitor is allowed to remain in Canada for 6 months, on each TRV entry, will depend on the CBSA officer that s/he meets at the POE

Cheers

Sep 5, 2015
Bryanna said:
Hi Kapil,

Your parents can certainly apply for TRVs even if you have not got an ITA/PR. They must demonstrate strong ties to their home country + adequate finances to pay for their visit + a genuine purpose to visit. Basically, your parents must prove they do not intent to remain long-term in Canada i.e until you're eligible to apply for their super visas.

Do note: Whether or not your parents are issued 10 years MEVs (TRVs) will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer. Not everyone who applies gets 10 years MEVs.... some applicants may get even single entry, 6 months' TRVs.

BTW the maximum length of visa for Canada is up to passport expiry. Not 10 years.

Also, whether a visitor is allowed to remain in Canada for 6 months, on each TRV entry, will depend on the CBSA officer that s/he meets at the POE

Cheers
Thanks

nsbhullar

Nov 26, 2014
INDIA
Category........
SPOUSE VISA EXPIRED WITH PASSPORT

Hi,
Me and my spouse granted visitor visa to Canada up to passport expiry date. I am the primary applicant.
While My spouse's passport will expire in Feb, 2017 and also the visa.
How can I get renewed or extended her visitor visa on new passport.
Please guide.
Thanks in advance.

viji123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
@Bryanna and seniors.. Need advice

I need to apply for visitor visa for my in-laws. Myself and my husband are PR , currently in canada. When we applied for PR my husband was the primary applicant and i was his dependent. We both got PR and moved. Now we are planning to apply visitor visa for my in-laws. I have a doubt in that.

Can I invite my in-laws? I mean , can i be their sponsors? Or is there anything like only the primary applicant has to invite ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Viji,

You can certainly invite your in-laws. It doesn't matter if you were a primary applicant/dependent for your PR.

You and your husband must be co-inviters for the invitation letter + do include a copy of your marriage certificate. You can provide your NOA, employment letter, bank statement, etc (instead of your husband's)

Cheers

viji123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Bryanna said:
Hi Viji,

You can certainly invite your in-laws. It doesn't matter if you were a primary applicant/dependent for your PR.

You and your husband must be co-inviters for the invitation letter + do include a copy of your marriage certificate. You can provide your NOA, employment letter, bank statement, etc (instead of your husband's)

Cheers
Thanks For the reply bryanna.

As you mentioned I will provide my bank statement, NOA and employment letter . Only mine and not any of my husband docs.

One doubt is - Is it enough if I can alone sign the invitation letter for my in-laws or my husband should also need to sign in the invitation letter ???

Thanks again !