+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Hello,

I have applied VISITOR visa for my parents ONLINE application.

We received Original Passport request for my FATHER alone, but NO response for MOTHER's application.

On further checking our application forms again, we realized that we made a mistake in the IMM 5257 E (main form), about previous countries of residence. My MOM was in London UK for only 2 months, but I mistakenly answered YES to this question, when infact we should have said YES.

I am concerned, if this is causing the delay for MOM's application (but for FATHER, they already send Passport request) and if the application may get rejected. Its an honest mistake in the form, and the PASSPORT copy attached in the application clearly indicates the Travel Stamps to & from UK.

Any ideas? I have sent an update via Case Specific Enquiry about this MISTAKE (but not sure if it is too late or not)

Thanks.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
@ tim50

Do not courier their passports to the VAC.

If both your parents cannot travel to submit their passports in-person then either one parent can submit on behalf of the non-accompanying parent.... or you can authorize a representative to submit both their passports. S/he must carry authorization letter(s) + passport request letter(s) + VFS consent form/fees, etc

Follow the same process to collect the processed passports.... or check if Blue Dart Couriers delivers to your area/town
Thanks for your reply. I also sent a email to VAC and got almost same response. in myCIC, status still shows "not started" on decision. will it change to DM once they receive passport ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
tim50 said:
Thanks for your reply. I also sent a email to VAC and got almost same response. in myCIC, status still shows "not started" on decision. will it change to DM once they receive passport ?
It will change to 'Final Decision: Approved' after their passports are received by the visa office and stamped

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends..
My sister has applied on line for my mothers TRV...We got a query from CIC to submit the proof of relationship of invitor & applicant on dated 8th Feb'17. We submit the documents online through Case specific enquiery on dated 20th Feb'17. Though no reply from their side as of now..
We want to submit one more document as a proof of relationship. Can we submit this document now through CSE?

Any guess how many days they will take to make their decision?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

my cic account shows no update if an interview is required or scheduled still.

they only call n email me. is it normal to not have an update on cic account?

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Hi, Were you able to reach CIC with your updated form/information? Did they accept?

I am in a similar situation and want to know, how it worked for you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
sunil_k_gupta said:
Hi Friends..
My sister has applied on line for my mothers TRV...We got a query from CIC to submit the proof of relationship of invitor & applicant on dated 8th Feb'17. We submit the documents online through Case specific enquiery on dated 20th Feb'17. Though no reply from their side as of now..
We want to submit one more document as a proof of relationship. Can we submit this document now through CSE?

Any guess how many days they will take to make their decision?
When you get an official request from IRCC for any additional documents then you must submit it through your MyCIC account. Not through a CSE (this can be a back-up way of informing IRCC but not the main way).

Also, if you send additional documents to IRCC (without getting any request for it) then you are delaying the processing of your sister's TRV application. By the time this additional document is considered either a decision would have been made or there would be a delay as the document would have to go through internal procedures before it reaches the visa officer = a delay

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Hello Everyone,

I landed in Toronto on a PR Visa in November last year. Now, I want to apply for a visitor Visa for my parents. They will be staying here during summers for 3-4 months.

I am working with an ad agency (one year contract) in Toronto and also getting Children benefits.

Just wanted to know what all financial documents and explanations (if any) should me and my dad provide to have a strong application. I am planning following:

- My contract (showing duration and income)
- My Canadian Bank account statement (where salary cheques are getting deposited)
- My Canadian Bank Saving account statement (where all my Indian savings are lying)
- My dad's Pension document
- His account statement with all savings
- His account statement where pension gets credited
- Hi Property papers

And one explanation letter to clarify everything.

Do you think the documents will make it a solid case? Is there anything else I should enclose.

ms-can

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents online TRV application from India timeline:
Applied on Feb 7th.
Got passport request on 21st.
Yet to send the passports.

spand806

Jun 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
13th oct
Doc's Request.
never
AOR Received.
aor 2 22nd NOV
File Transfer...
22ND NOV
ms-can said:
My parents online TRV application from India timeline:
Applied on Feb 7th.
Got passport request on 21st.
Yet to send the passports.
Thats quick i applied for my wife on 8th feb

spand806

Jun 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
13th oct
Doc's Request.
never
AOR Received.
aor 2 22nd NOV
File Transfer...
22ND NOV
abdul9986 said:
Have u received any updates , are u applied online , which place u are ?
I applied online but no responce.. i m in edmonton... waiting to see if they approve or not