+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

athwalkaur

Mar 11, 2015
Hi @Bryanna
We are a couple. Living in New Zealand on Permanent Resident visa on Indian passports.
This Christmas, my brother visited us in NZ, he is a Permanent Resident in Canada. Now, we want to visit Canada as he wants us to visit him so that he can show us around. We are both working full time and have $50000 CAD in our bank acocunt as savings. We have got our leaves approved for June 01, 2020 to June 27, 2020. The reason I am posting here is that I want to know wheather we can apply for visitor visas now? 5 and half months before the actual travel? The reason we want to apply now is that travel from NZ to Canada can be very expensive if we dont buy tickets at least 4 months in advance. Will there be a problem if we apply too early? Also, my husband had an Australian Student visa declined back in 2010. He later on went to UK and lived there for 4 years (on student visas) and then came to NZ and now he is also a PR here. Would his Australian student visa decline be a problem?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but only a few comments to start :
1)never really too early to apply for a visitor visa and keeping your planned visit to 2-3 weeks in the application is a positive
2)You should always declare any past visa refusals of any type and although nobody can predict it is generally not an issue as long as declared
3)You should not book any tickets until you have your visas in your hand . Have an itinerary and maybe show a draft flight schedule from a site such as Expedia but do not book tickets unless fully refundable.
4)One of the main reasons people get rejected is not demonstrating ties to home country. You state you are PRs of NZ so important to ensure this fact is clear to the person who reviews your application that you need to return to NZ..