+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Spouse) Timeline post Biometrics

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello anyone got reply after sending family reunification request to the provided email. I submitted the web form instead of email as the email service was replaced by webform. Acknowledgement came that we will get an update in 14 working days but yet no reply.

krish9297

Feb 2, 2021
Hello anyone got reply after sending family reunification request to the provided email. I submitted the web form instead of email as the email service was replaced by webform. Acknowledgement came that we will get an update in 14 working days but yet no reply.
Hi,

My timeline is similar to yours I guess. Did you receive any further updates?

Visitor Visa (I'm the spouse of a Canadian PR):
  • Application Submitted: May 07, 2021 (received Confirmation of Online Application Transmission & Submission)
  • Biometrics submitted for previous application
  • Webform submitted for faster processing: May 17, 2021 (Got an email as an acknowledgment of receipt)
I haven't received any updates within the said 14 business days timeline as well. Any idea regarding the next steps? Did you send another webform?

If anyone else is in a similar situation, please update your timeline here.

Thanks!

(FYI: First stage of dependent PR application, i.e. Sponsor approval letter is also included as one of the supporting documents along with the webform).

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi,

• Application Submitted: May 07, 2021 (received Confirmation of Online Application Transmission & Submission)
  • Webform submitted for faster processing: May 17, 2021 (Got an email as an acknowledgment of receipt)
I haven't received any updates within the said 14 business days timeline as well. Any idea regarding the next steps? Did you send another webform?

Thanks!

(FYI: First stage of dependent PR application, i.e. Sponsor approval letter is also included as one of the supporting documents along with the webform).
Hi, Even I haven't received any reply for the webform I submitted. I am waiting for my wife to give biometric once it opens again. After that will try sending another web form.

ezehillz

Jun 2, 2021
TRV For Partner

Applied Oct 30th, 2020
Biometrics Completed Nov 4th
Approval/Passport Request/Travel Exemption Letter, Jan 13th, 2020
Hi,
I plan to apply for a TRV for my partner as well. Already submitted spousal PR application.
Do you have any advice/tip for a sucessful application?
From Nigeria too

ASD24

Nov 24, 2020
With a spousal sponsorship application IN-PROGRESS, would it be wise to apply for Visitor Visa? Would it impact or involve any complications?

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hi guys, did anyone get their TRV approved under COVID-19 category recently? Any idea how long it is taking these days? The website says 78 days.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

Thanks!

Same situation -

Applied May 21, 2021
Biometrics from previous application.
Sent webform for prioritization under immediate family travel exemption.

Receieved 2 "Correspondence letters" stating biometrics validity on GCKey inbox on June 10.

Usually, Biometrics correspondence letter is always followed by a decision. But strangely, have not received anything yet.

Our sponsorship PR file is in the final stages of processing (Started processing after AOR2 at Ottawa VO)

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello, do we need to manually link the spouse PR application to their online profile. I tried doing it but it doesn't work. We received the biometric request and medical letter but it has not been linked to the online account. Appreciate your reply.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Same situation -

Applied May 21, 2021
Biometrics from previous application.
Sent webform for prioritization under immediate family travel exemption.

Receieved 2 "Correspondence letters" stating biometrics validity on GCKey inbox on June 10.

Usually, Biometrics correspondence letter is always followed by a decision. But strangely, have not received anything yet.

Our sponsorship PR file is in the final stages of processing (Started processing after AOR2 at Ottawa VO)
same here, got the correspondence on may 11 and since then nothing.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi, could anyone please let me know how to link the biometric to visiting visa application. My wife gave biometric with the PR biometric request letter, and they asked to link the same to the existing visiting vis application. Do we just need to submit a webform with the application number and biometric ID to get it linked?. Appreciate your help.