+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Spouse) Timeline post Biometrics

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
No updates. I sent emails to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca -- I also sent a webform, and I got a reply that it is under process -- standard reply.
Same for me, I sent a webform and it says still under process. I applied for the TRV on 16 Dec 2020. Biometric Request Letter on 17 Dec 2020. Since she is in India not able to give biometrics. Now the deadline for biometrics is over and I have sent another request for a new letter. DO we need a new letter or the old one should be fine as VFS are still not accepting biometric for TRV in India. Thank you

one541

Nov 25, 2020
Same for me, I sent a webform and it says still under process. I applied for the TRV on 16 Dec 2020. Biometric Request Letter on 17 Dec 2020. Since she is in India not able to give biometrics. Now the deadline for biometrics is over and I have sent another request for a new letter. DO we need a new letter or the old one should be fine as VFS are still not accepting biometric for TRV in India. Thank you
A lot of people goto Dubai or Nepal to get the Biometric done, it seems ridiculous that Biometrics can be done in Nepal, but its closed in India. I don't think you need a new letter when Biometrics open up in India. The TRV is taking far too long though.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
A lot of people goto Dubai or Nepal to get the Biometric done, it seems ridiculous that Biometrics can be done in Nepal, but its closed in India. I don't think you need a new letter when Biometrics open up in India. The TRV is taking far too long though.
@one541 That is absolutely true. I am now getting my spousal PR documents ready and will submit that soon. Atleast for that we have biometric open in India. Can't wait for TRV as you said.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
TRV Applied for my spouse from Kuwait
12th Oct
Biometrics Done 14th Oct
Since then nothing and my spousal application is in process too since 6months,
will it be added advantage or not.
spoke with IRCC Agent molly and she said everything seems to be fine and security checks are going on with both.
Yesterday got standard reply from ADIMMGRATION CA Stating everything seems to be fine however if we need anything will revert back to you it’s in process.
Ig they want to say no and there is rejection why are they taking 6 to 7 months just say no.
idk entire system it’s too shady and slow.
God bless all and they should expedite all the applications
Why dont you email them on given email address on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

as you are already PR your spouse TRV get prioritize. Just send them email that your spouse is exempted from travel restriction. You will get reply with in 2 weeks.

Reactions: gokul0989

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Why dont you email them on given email address on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

as you are already PR your spouse TRV get prioritize. Just send them email that your spouse is exempted from travel restriction. You will get reply with in 2 weeks.
Hi I am also in the similar situation. I applied for my wife's TRV on Dec 16th 2020. But we could not give biometric yet and when we submit webform we get the same template reply. Could I apply with the required documents to the above mentioned email ID as my wife is eligible to come as a immediate family member. But since she has not given biometrics would they reject it. Kindly advise. Thank you.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi I am also in the similar situation. I applied for my wife's TRV on Dec 16th 2020. But we could not give biometric yet and when we submit webform we get the same template reply. Could I apply with the required documents to the above mentioned email ID as my wife is eligible to come as a immediate family member. But since she has not given biometrics would they reject it. Kindly advise. Thank you.
I think they wont reject or approve it. As biometrics is the important step for application. You have 2 options
1. Done biometrics in dubai and email them to expedite
2. Wait for biometrics to start in india and then email them which i think not will happen soon. Rest is in your hand. But remember emailing them does not mean you will get only approval. I hope this help.

can you share your spouse's current situation status like employment, familty ites so someone can give you idea about chances of approval.

Tkar

Mar 26, 2015
Hi Guys!

My TRV application update:

Application Submitted: Oct 30 2020
Application Received: Nov 1st 2020
Biometrics valid for 10years
Purpose of TRV : Honeymoon in Ontario

Final Decision: Nothing Yet.
Any update on your status?

Reactions: OlaE

Tkar

Mar 26, 2015
Original Passport Request - January 11, 2021
Correspondence Letter - January 11, 2021
Can you please share, what did you mention in the Invitation letter? Did you have any sponsorship application in a process that you mentioned as well?

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
I think they wont reject or approve it. As biometrics is the important step for application. You have 2 options
1. Done biometrics in dubai and email them to expedite
2. Wait for biometrics to start in india and then email them which i think not will happen soon. Rest is in your hand. But remember emailing them does not mean you will get only approval. I hope this help.

can you share your spouse's current situation status like employment, familty ites so someone can give you idea about chances of approval.
Hello there, which email address we can email to expedite it. as under ircc exemption email process it says. please email only for extended family member. What we can do to expediate for immediate family member. thanks

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hello there, which email address we can email to expedite it. as under ircc exemption email process it says. please email only for extended family member. What we can do to expediate for immediate family member. thanks
You read that wrong. There are two different context. That sentence is lil confusing. You Just email on that address with mentioned details. You can write "Covid-19 family reunification" as a subject.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
You read that wrong. There are two different context. That sentence is lil confusing. You Just email on that address with mentioned details. You can write "Covid-19 family reunification" as a subject.
can you suggest what to write under detail reason for travel?
1. is writing family reunification is good enough as the other main documents are already submitted originally with the online application.
2. does spouse needs to send the email or sponsor can also send the email.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
can you suggest what to write under detail reason for travel?
1. is writing family reunification is good enough as the other main documents are already submitted originally with the online application.
2. does spouse needs to send the email or sponsor can also send the email.
1. Family reunification should be good.
2. Your spouse need to email.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
1. Family reunification should be good.
2. Your spouse need to email.
thank you, do you think i can write family reunification beside the detailed reason option in the email or should i make the word document explaining family reunification and quaratine things.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
thank you, do you think i can write family reunification beside the detailed reason option in the email or should i make the word document explaining family reunification and quaratine things.
I think email is only to tell them you are exempted from travel restriction so they can prioritize application. If you have already mention the details of travel then don't need to provide same details again. However, it up to you if you feel you can provide extra details. You can add quarantine plan if you want.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
I think email is only to tell them you are exempted from travel restriction so they can prioritize application. If you have already mention the details of travel then don't need to provide same details again. However, it up to you if you feel you can provide extra details. You can add quarantine plan if you want.
got it thanks.
when u say spouse needs to email,as in me as i am living in canada or applicant my spouse living in india?