+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Spouse) Timeline post Biometrics

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
You're right. But eligibility doesn't always mean automatic visa approval. The immigration officer needs to be convinced that you'll leave canada at the end of your stay.

I know it's tough. I'm a Canadian PR and my wife's TRV application is still under review it's been so many months since we have seen each other.
@sarvesh90 Where did your wife give biometrics. In India?

Oyibo Pepper

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
TRV For Partner

Applied Oct 30th, 2020
Biometrics Completed Nov 4th
Approval/Passport Request/Travel Exemption Letter, Jan 13th, 2020
Wow.
Congrats.
Please which Visa office processed your application?

Applied from Nigeria on November 24th to visit spouse.

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
You're right. But eligibility doesn't always mean automatic visa approval. The immigration officer needs to be convinced that you'll leave canada at the end of your stay.

I know it's tough. I'm a Canadian PR and my wife's TRV application is still under review it's been so many months since we have seen each other.
Yeah.. thanks friend.. it is really not easy.. I am just hopeful my TRV is approved. I need to be with her. Even if it is just one hour...

Reactions: sarvesh90

mikunn85

Oct 17, 2019
Nigeria, Yes still have one in progress
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. Please was your application processed at Nairobi-Kenya VO? I applied since September from Nigeria and haven't heard from them. Please reply, thank you.

mikunn85

Oct 17, 2019
Yeah.. thanks friend.. it is really not easy.. I am just hopeful my TRV is approved. I need to be with her. Even if it is just one hour...
My brother it's super frustrating. I got married and only spent 10 days with my hubby. I haven't seen him for the past one year. If not for God....

Chena1401

Jan 23, 2021
Hi Guys,

I applied for a visitor visa (online TRV) last year to visit an immediate family in Canada. I received below information letter yesterday in my CIC account. Does this letter authorizes my travel to Canada?

As an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen / Permanent Resident, you do not need
a written authorization from the Government of Canada. You will be exempt from the travel
restrictions if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days.
Upon your arrival to Canada, an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will
determine whether you are permitted to enter Canada. Please review travel requirements and required documentation on our website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel￾restrictions-exemptions.html.

Last edited:

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
My brother it's super frustrating. I got married and only spent 10 days with my hubby. I haven't seen him for the past one year. If not for God....
That is so saden!!

Lets be hopeful on our application.
We will be keeping up to date here..

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
What
Hi Guys,

I applied for a visitor visa (online TRV) last year to visit an immediate family in Canada. I received below information letter yesterday in my CIC account. Does this mean that this letter authorizes my travel to Canada?

As an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen / Permanent Resident, you do not need
a written authorization from the Government of Canada. You will be exempt from the travel
restrictions if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days.
Upon your arrival to Canada, an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will
determine whether you are permitted to enter Canada. Please review travel requirements and required documentation on our website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel￾restrictions-exemptions.html.
What it means is that when your TRV have been approved, you do not need an authorization letter to enter Canada. Only persons who are to visit extended family members require that letter..