+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Spouse) Timeline post Biometrics

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi All, I am PR in Canada. My spouse is in India and she is not working at the moment.
I have applied for her visitor visa on Dec 16, 2020. We have shown funds in her account and booked return tickets.
Just confirming that the visitor visa falls under the Temporary Residence Visa. Still there is no bio metric request and it has been more than a month.
Is this normal and would there be any chance for them to decline or ask for more information. I have not mentioned that I am going to apply for spousal sponsorship.

Kindly appreciate your help.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi All, I am PR in Canada. My spouse is in India and she is not working at the moment.
I have applied for her visitor visa on Dec 16, 2020. We have shown funds in her account and booked return tickets.
Just confirming that the visitor visa falls under the Temporary Residence Visa. Still there is no bio metric request and it has been more than a month.
Is this normal and would there be any chance for them to decline or ask for more information. I have not mentioned that I am going to apply for spousal sponsorship.

If you have paid biometrics fee ( I believe it is $85) along with the application, then ideally you should get biometrics request letter within 24 hours.

Your best bet is to call IRCC and ask them about this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

There is a very high chance she will be denied a TRV and processing times are very long. You are much better off starting the sponsorship process.

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
TRV For Partner

Applied Oct 30th, 2020
Biometrics Completed Nov 4th
Approval/Passport Request/Travel Exemption Letter, Jan 13th, 2020
I applied from Nigeria too (Lagos). The same date you applied. October 30th.. My application is still processing..

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi guys just checking if anyone has given biometrics for TRV from India. VFS is still not providing appointments for TRV visa right?.

Preciousomua1

Nov 8, 2019
Applied on the 9th of November 2020 , had done biometric late 2019 . On my new application biometric not yet uploaded but it shows biometric not needed. What can I do ?
Still showing in application in progress . Immediate family of a citizen

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
TRV For Partner

Applied Oct 30th, 2020
Biometrics Completed Nov 4th
Approval/Passport Request/Travel Exemption Letter, Jan 13th, 2020
Are you PR/citizen or then what reason you gave to get written authorization under essential travel

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
They are only attending to applications of those visiting Family members right now.
My spouse is a PR. My visit visa application is to visit my spouse. I am more qualified than any other family member... Under those exempted from travel restrictions as immediate family, spouse is number one.
So i don't get it... It is funny!!

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
My spouse is a PR. My visit visa application is to visit my spouse. I am more qualified than any other family member... Under those exempted from travel restrictions as immediate family, spouse is number one.
So i don't get it... It is funny!!
You're right. But eligibility doesn't always mean automatic visa approval. The immigration officer needs to be convinced that you'll leave canada at the end of your stay.

I know it's tough. I'm a Canadian PR and my wife's TRV application is still under review it's been so many months since we have seen each other.

Reactions: OkaforJames