Received - Sept.4 and also got request for Bio-metric
Biometric done on - Sept. 7, 2022
Correspondence letter - Sept. 14, 2022
Passport request - Sept. 17, 2022
You applied from india ?

Bharat69

Sep 7, 2022
Hello Guys,
Today my both parents completed their biometrics from India. I checked their application on the IRCC portal and noticed my mom got her biometrics and medical approval but dad's application still has no update. I am wondering if is it common or if there is something wrong.
Appreciate your help.

Sheeba esther

Sep 20, 2022
I have received the passport request..
timeline-
Application submitted Sept. 2, 2022
Received - Sept.4 and also got request for Bio-metric
Biometric done on - Sept. 7, 2022
Correspondence letter - Sept. 14, 2022
Passport request - Sept. 17, 2022
Did you apply through IRCC portal or GC key?

priyadk18

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, I have applied for my Sister's visitor Visa.
My Timeline is as follows-

Application Submitted 21st September
Biometric Request- 22nd September

Reactions: psjabbal

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi,
I applied for my parents visitor Visa on 18th March and they did their Biometric on 31st March in India. The didn’t have US visa or travel history during first application.
After raising few webform we didn’t get any reply and my parent went to USA to visit my sister.
So I reapplied again from US for visit visa.
Today I got letter from IRCC that my India application is rejected due to insufficient tiesgoing back home.
And my US application have move to reviewing eligibility.
Does this mean there is hope their US application can be approved.
I due in Nov 2022 and gave medical reason for visit with letter from my gynaecologist. This whole process very frustrating and stressful.
Thank you for any suggestions

sureka19

Apr 22, 2022
Hi, I have applied for my parents and my brother’s visitor visa. Below are the timelines and I applied on new portal.

Application Submitted: September 14, 2022
Biometrics request received: September 15, 2022
Biometrics done: September 20, 2022

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello Guys,
Today my both parents completed their biometrics from India. I checked their application on the IRCC portal and noticed my mom got her biometrics and medical approval but dad's application still has no update. I am wondering if is it common or if there is something wrong.
Appreciate your help.
it's ok.. it'll update within 48-96 hours.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,
I applied for my parents visitor Visa on 18th March and they did their Biometric on 31st March in India. The didn’t have US visa or travel history during first application.
After raising few webform we didn’t get any reply and my parent went to USA to visit my sister.
So I reapplied again from US for visit visa.
Today I got letter from IRCC that my India application is rejected due to insufficient tiesgoing back home.
And my US application have move to reviewing eligibility.
Does this mean there is hope their US application can be approved.
I due in Nov 2022 and gave medical reason for visit with letter from my gynaecologist. This whole process very frustrating and stressful.
Thank you for any suggestions
The application will get rejected. They need to apply from their home country in order to prove they'll leave Canada at the end of their trip, and that means going back to their home country. Applying from a 3rd country raises red flags because then there is no tracing you back to make sure you're back in your home country.

If the previous refusal is because they were not able to establish strong ties to their home country, they need to address this issue prior to reapplying. Showing bank savings / FDs / property papers in their name, business / or job / anything that would make them go back to their home country.

tulja

Jul 18, 2022
i have applied for my parents visitor visa, got rejected twice and both times same reason , and which is very generic . This is beyond frustration now , they are telling because of family ties and insufficient fund, my parents have travelled Singapore in 2019, my brother is here with me on his work permit and me and my spouse are PR, we ordered GCMS notes today only, anyone has similar situation, all this delay are creating unnecessary hustle and stress. Can we go for super visa ?

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Hey everyone
My wife and I applied for visitors visa with invitation letter of my cousin and her friend. (2 separate invitations)
we submitted the application on sept. 30th and 2 minutes later we received BIL and we have the appointment for 07/10
my wife is unemployed (housewife) and I have presented employment letter on a permanent contract, the official communication to the work office of my town and my last paycheck.
I also attached my car registration to my name to show that I have ties.
I applied from Bologna, Italy and for biometrics this friday I'm travelling to Rome, the Canadian embassy.
considering my nationality which is Iranian, but being in Italy since 2014, having graduated from University of Bologna as an Engineering major and being already a permanent resident of Italy, how you all see our chances to get the visitors visa?
I'll be travelling to Toronto, from 15/12/2022 to 08/01/2023 to spend Christmas and new year with my cousing and then visit my wife's friend
thank you all in advance.

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Update:
we have done our biometrics on 07/Oct and we are waiting. the processing time shown on the website, is it real? does it take really that long?
on the VFS Global receipt after biometrics, it says in a few weeks they'll let us know about their decision. as of this day, 4 working days (6 calendar days) after biometrics we have not yet received anything.