+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused over 179(b) New application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted my application on May and biometrics on July. I didn't receive any updates for 2 months. I sent a webform to 3 VO in India yesterday and received response from Chandigarh VO in 5 hours and rejection in next 12 hours.

Reasons stated are,
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am doing a business in India and I had submitted business registration for it. J also submitted flight itinerary.
My wife is a PR in canada and I am just going for a visit for a month there.
I won't leave India for a long time because I have my mother and brother who has autism as my dependents and there is Noone else to look after them. I didn't provide a proof for it though.

What proof can I provide to prove my family ties?
And for purpose of visit what can I submit?

Please provide me some guidance
If you are married to a PR, it is assumed that you will file for sponsorship and move to Canada. Have you filed? Getting a TRV is difficult since you are married and spouse is in Canada. What is will not leave India for a long time…how long?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I submitted my application on May and biometrics on July. I didn't receive any updates for 2 months. I sent a webform to 3 VO in India yesterday and received response from Chandigarh VO in 5 hours and rejection in next 12 hours.

Reasons stated are,
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am doing a business in India and I had submitted business registration for it. I also submitted flight itinerary.
My wife is a PR in canada and I am just going for a visit for a month there.
I won't leave India for a long time because I have my mother and brother who has autism as my dependents and there is Noone else to look after them. I didn't provide a proof for it though.

What proof can I provide to prove my family ties?
And for purpose of visit what can I submit?

Please provide me some guidance
Your ties to Canada are very strong because your wife is a PR so you have to work much harder to show ties to your home country.

- What evidence did you show for your business? Just the registration documents or more?
- Do you have any property in your home country?
- What did you show in the way of savings / assets? How did you show this evidence?
- The flight itinerary doesn't help.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
If you are married to a PR, it is assumed that you will file for sponsorship and move to Canada. Have you filed? Getting a TRV is difficult since you are married and spouse is in Canada. What is will not leave India for a long time…how long?
I won't leave India for more than a month as I have business commitments and dependent family.My father is no more. So I have to look after them.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Your ties to Canada are very strong because your wife is a PR so you have to work much harder to show ties to your home country.

- What evidence did you show for your business? Just the registration documents or more?
- Do you have any property in your home country?
- What did you show in the way of savings / assets? How did you show this evidence?
- The flight itinerary doesn't help.
I showed business registration and my upcoming projects. I am a Civil contractor. I think the officer might have thought may be I can work from home??

I have property documents but didn't submit it.
I showed money of around 25 lakhs in my bank statement.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I showed business registration and my upcoming projects. I am a Civil contractor. I think the officer might have thought may be I can work from home??

I have property documents but didn't submit it.
I showed money of around 25 lakhs in my bank statement.
I would recommend you show past projects and payments from clients, tax documents if you have them, etc. You want to show business legitimacy and that this is a real running business that generates income.

You should show property documents.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I would recommend you show past projects and payments from clients, tax documents if you have them, etc. You want to show business legitimacy and that this is a real running business that generates income.

You should show property documents.
Thank you
Also what is your recommendation for purpose of travel? Please let me know

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you
Also what is your recommendation for purpose of travel? Please let me know
You should be honest about your purpose of travel.

The purpose of travel refusal reason means that IRCC thinks you have plans to remain in Canada long term and it means you need to show stronger ties to your home country.

Reactions: myindia

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
You should be honest about your purpose of travel.

The purpose of travel refusal reason means that IRCC thinks you have plans to remain in Canada long term and it means you need to show stronger ties to your home country.
I just want to spend some time with my spouse, visit some places like Niagra, Toronto, Alberta, and then come back. But what proof can I provide for this?

munjadon

Sep 29, 2021
You are married so it is expected that you will apply for sponsorship. How far along is your wife? She needs to show that she will return prior to birth as she will not have access to healthcare in Canada unless paid out of pocket. Given she is pregnant and married to a PR (and IRCC knows about pregnancy), getting a TRV will be difficult.
PR or Work permit is taking a lot of time , Considering due date is in Feb, I wanted to bring her here for at least some time. Is there anything else which i can do?

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
I am not a pro but here are things we showed (and it worked for us):
- Flight reservation (round trip)
- Work contract + bank statements + letter from his/her employee stating that he/she is taking days off but he/she will resume the X of X
- Invitation letter:
1) mention of his/her travel history + he/she is a provider (old parents.. young siblings..)​
2) the visitor WILL pay for his/her trip and the activities​
3) Brief itinerary ("we will visit this and that")​
4) we clearly stated that he/she won't stay here. And as a Canadian and spouse, I will make sure of that and I undertake to fulfill all responsibilities.​

Anand_reddy

Jul 30, 2021
Hello friends,
My wife's visitor application was refused under 179(b) reason stating that I believe you will not leave Canada after your trv stay. I have applied this visa to reunite with family and purpose of travel is 'COVID-19'. She is not working in india and don't have any assets in her name. What documents and reason we can show to make the application stronger next time.
Please suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello friends,
My wife's visitor application was refused under 179(b) reason stating that I believe you will not leave Canada after your trv stay. I have applied this visa to reunite with family and purpose of travel is 'COVID-19'. She is not working in india and don't have any assets in her name. What documents and reason we can show to make the application stronger next time.
Please suggest.
You are a temporary worker, correct? If she isn’t working, then will she leave Canada if you are working in the country? You need to show that her ties are strong to her home country, good travel history and funds. Without strong ties, it will be difficult for approval.

Anand_reddy

Jul 30, 2021
You are a temporary worker, correct? If she isn’t working, then will she leave Canada if you are working in the country? You need to show that her ties are strong to her home country, good travel history and funds. Without strong ties, it will be difficult for approval.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I'm a temporary worker. She will be having 1.5L bank balance, 1.2L of recurring deposit and a registration document of a plot. There is no travel history nor job. She is just a house wife and her spousal work permit is in progress for last 11 months. So we have applied for visitor application to reunite with the family. Is it going to work?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I'm a temporary worker. She will be having 1.5L bank balance, 1.2L of recurring deposit and a registration document of a plot. There is no travel history nor job. She is just a house wife and her spousal work permit is in progress for last 11 months. So we have applied for visitor application to reunite with the family. Is it going to work?
So you haven’t followed up on the SOWP with GCMS notes?