+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused over 179(b) New application

munjadon

Sep 29, 2021
Hi

I submitted my wife's visitor visa application on Sept 11th. I got the feedback today that its has been rejected due to 179(b). I mentioned in cover letter that she is pregnant and she is visiting me temporarily. though i also mentioned that she is working for Wipro in India and submitted all supporting documents. Would that be the reason?

What are my options now? Can i resubmit the application with new cover letter and not mentioning her pregnancy in the the explanation and cover letter?

Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you a PR and if so, do you have a spousal application underway? Mentioning pregnancy is now on file and officers will think she is coming to give birth.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I submitted my wife's visitor visa application on Sept 11th. I got the feedback today that its has been rejected due to 179(b). I mentioned in cover letter that she is pregnant and she is visiting me temporarily. though i also mentioned that she is working for Wipro in India and submitted all supporting documents. Would that be the reason?

What are my options now? Can i resubmit the application with new cover letter and not mentioning her pregnancy in the the explanation and cover letter?

Please help.
You can submit a new application. She will need to show stronger ties to her home country to be approved.

Keep in mind that IRCC keeps records of past applications and the officer will have access to this information. So they will know she is pregnant even if you don't mention this in the new application.

Make sure she mentions the refusal in the new application.

munjadon

Sep 29, 2021
Are you a PR and if so, do you have a spousal application underway? Mentioning pregnancy is now on file and officers will think she is coming to give birth.
Should i submit spousal application first and then apply for Visitor visa again? will that be okay?

munjadon

Sep 29, 2021
You can submit a new application. She will need to show stronger ties to her home country to be approved.

Keep in mind that IRCC keeps records of past applications and the officer will have access to this information. So they will know she is pregnant even if you don't mention this in the new application.

Make sure she mentions the refusal in the new application.
I submitted her job letter salary slips and everything related to show tat she has to come back, what else can i do here?

munjadon

Sep 29, 2021
what should or can i do now? Can i resubmit her visit visa application again tomorrow?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a PR and I am in Canada right now.
That makes it more difficult to be approved since IRCC often suspects the spouse actually wants to come to Canada long term.

It may not be possible to get an approval for a TRV.

Assuming you want to sponsor her for PR, you may want to submit the outland application soon to get that process underway.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what should or can i do now? Can i resubmit her visit visa application again tomorrow?
Sure, you can resubmit tomorrow. Make sure she declares the refusal.

munjadon

Sep 29, 2021
That makes it more difficult to be approved since IRCC often suspects the spouse actually wants to come to Canada long term.

It may not be possible to get an approval for a TRV.

Assuming you want to sponsor her for PR, you may want to submit the outland application soon to get that process underway.
Will it makes sense, if i submit the application for PR first and then submit here visitor visa again? I will also mentioned the refusal in the new visit visa file ? Will having PR file in progress will support my case for Visit visa in pregnancy?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are married so it is expected that you will apply for sponsorship. How far along is your wife? She needs to show that she will return prior to birth as she will not have access to healthcare in Canada unless paid out of pocket. Given she is pregnant and married to a PR (and IRCC knows about pregnancy), getting a TRV will be difficult.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Will it makes sense, if i submit the application for PR first and then submit here visitor visa again? I will also mentioned the refusal in the new visit visa file ? Will having PR file in progress will support my case for Visit visa in pregnancy?
You need to mention the refusal in both the PR application and in the new TRV application.

No, having a PR file in progress will not support the case for a visitor visa. You should still expect it will be difficult to get the TRV approved even after you have submitted the sponsorship application.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I submitted my application on May and biometrics on July. I didn't receive any updates for 2 months. I sent a webform to 3 VO in India yesterday and received response from Chandigarh VO in 5 hours and rejection in next 12 hours.

Reasons stated are,
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am doing a business in India and I had submitted business registration for it. I also submitted flight itinerary.
My wife is a PR in canada and I am just going for a visit for a month there.
I won't leave India for a long time because I have my mother and brother who has autism as my dependents and there is Noone else to look after them. I didn't provide a proof for it though.

What proof can I provide to prove my family ties?
And for purpose of visit what can I submit?

Please provide me some guidance

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hi

Please help.
Hey,

I feel sad for you. I know it's really important to be together in this situation. Though I am not an expert, I suggest you to apply for the spousal sponsorship asap. It becomes really difficult to prove that she will return back to her home country in this circumstance. If the baby gets birth abroad, then the sponsorship process will further get lengthened.

Regarding the visitor visa, you can still give a second try with stronger finances both on your side and her side. Because she is pregnant, she needs to keep her appointments with her doctor. So, as a visitor her medical costs will be significantly higher. You have to make everything clear in the letter and it should be a convincing one.

Good luck.