+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020
Update on Temporary Residence Visitor Visa - Mother, Sister and Brother.

Hope my below update might help someone here!

1) I am a new PR in Toronto, ON - Dec 2020 - Have a IT Job from day one.
2) Invited my Mother (Senior Citizen) being my Immediate Family Member - Visitor Visa
3) Submitted application - March 2021
4) Biometrics Submitted on Sept 2021- Due to Pandemic VFS Office were closed and my mom submitted her Biometrics at Bangalore, KA, India.
5) Received Letter in her online profile requesting to send Passport via Courier - yet to send it to the VFS office at Bangalore.
6) Also sent invitations to my 2 siblings as Extended Family Members - Sister and Brother and they submitted applications in March 2021 as well.
7) They both provided Biometrics in Sep 2021 and no update as on-date - Current Status is "Background Verification in-progress".

Note:
1) All 3 of them have submitted separate applications.
2) I did not ask them to submit new applications after the recent post of Sep 7th notification.
3) Financial Statements - CAD 10K in their individual bank accounts in India (nothing else). But I also submitted my Financial statement of Canadian bank account only for my mother's profile.
4) Duration of their stay mentioned June 1st to June 30th 2021.
5) All 3 of the have a travel history of visiting USA 6 years ago.

Now I am hoping both my elder siblings get their VISAS too.

Hope this is of help!

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hi there I need urgent advice, I am planning to submit a visitor visa application for my husband as I am a work permit holders right now. But almost after one month from now I have to submit my PR application and I will include my husband as a dependent. So in his visitor visa application I wrote a invitation letter saying that he will go back after his visit as his mom and dad needs him in his home country but If I submit our PR application then IRCC might think we are misrepresenting facts as in one application we planning to stay permanent and in another we are saying he will go back. PLEASE ADVICE.

adnaniqbal

Jul 21, 2016
Application Date: 25 September 2021
Biometrics Completion date: 20 October 2021
Country of residence: Kuwait
Your relation: Brother (Canadian Citizen)
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Visit for Birthday Celebration and Tourism
Correspondence Letter Date: 20 October 2021
Approval date: Not Yet

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Guys anyone has any updates?
hope everyone has good news soon!

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Is it Possible/ has anyone crossed the 30 business day timeline and not received a response from IRCC?

EEMRAM42021

Oct 22, 2021
Hello.
Hello all! Sharing an update that I posted in another thread on this forum.

Received PPR for my mom's TRV just now.

Key application details
  • City/country of residence and application: Mumbai, India
  • Relation with applicant: Mother
  • Purpose of visit: Essential [indicated purpose of travel as ‘Other - COVID-19’ on IMM5257E, since we submitted the application before new guidelines were issued]
  • Vaccination status: Fully vaccinated with COVISHIELD
  • My status in Canada: Permanent Resident
  • Applied through: GC Key account
The detailed timeline of our visa application is as follows. We did not reapply after the Sep 7 update.
Note: All dates and times indicated below are in IST.
  • Aug 20, 2021, 3:40 pm : Application submitted
  • Aug 20, 2021, 3:45 pm : Payment receipt received
  • Aug 23, 2021, 8:20 pm : Application receipt confirmation
  • Aug 24, 2021, 8:20 pm : Ghost update
  • Aug 24, 2021, 8:50 pm : Biometrics letter received
  • Sep 10, 2021, 10:00 pm : Wrote to IRCC - Delhi VO seeking clarification on the new Sep 7 and Sep 10 guidelines for TRV. I was confused if we should reapply. Submitted general inquiry webform.
  • Sep 14, 2021, 12:30 pm : Biometrics appointment at Mumbai VFS
  • Sep 14, 2021, 7:00 pm : Biometrics updated online and linked to account
  • Sep 15, 2021, 4:50 pm : Received reply from IRCC - Delhi VO on the inquiry I sent them. They told me I should only reapply if my situation has changed. In the same email, there were a bunch of other helpful links. Among those, one was for the travel exemption webform. In the same email, they further stated: "Online Temporary Resident applications will not be prioritized unless you contact IRCC through the travel exemption webform to indicate how you meet the exemption criteria, and in most cases why you are travelling for a non-discretionary/essential purpose, and provide acceptable documentation.” After reading this, I thought it was worthwhile to submit the webform instead of just waiting to hear back on the application.
  • Sep 15, 2021, 10:05 pm : Filled webform for travel exemption, attached all relevant documents including vaccination certificate showing she's eligible to travel
  • Sep 15, 2021, 10:07 pm : Received acknowledgement email saying they will respond in 14 business days
  • Oct 6, 2021, 11:30 am : Ghost update to application status; it changed to “Application/Profile updated”. It was clickable only once. After viewing application details (nothing had changed) and returning to the main application home screen, it was back to normal and changed to “Submitted”.
  • Oct 9, 2021, 11:00 pm : Eligibility status changed. Correspondence letter and PPR received. All updates to the account happened within a span of 10 mins. Overall, took 16 business days (or 25 calendar days) from the time of submitting biometrics.
Notes:
  • My mom has no prior travel history, minimal financial savings to show, has been a homemaker all her life, and doesn't have any strong ties to home country. That's why I was very skeptical of the visa being approved.
  • I showed full sponsorship with notarized invitation letter + notarized proof of means of financial support letter + notarized proof of financial resource of supporter. Total of 3 notarized documents - in retrospect, it does seem like an overkill but I didn't want to take any chances. Basically included all documents typically required for a super visa, minus the insurance and medical test report.
  • In the webform, I did mention the travel date as Oct 15. So, it was approved well within the acceptable travel timeframe. However, considering that we have to factor in additional days for the passport to be stamped, I don't think my mom will be able to fly out on the 15th.
Happy to answer any specific questions you may have about information that hasn't been covered here.

This has been such a pleasant surprise. Given that it's the Thanksgiving long weekend, I was not expecting this at all.
I want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their insights, timelines and personal experiences; it helped me learn a lot and even calm my nerves while keeping hope alive.

It has been a stressful year for most of us, but hang in there. You'll get through soon enough. Here's wishing everyone the very best with their applications. Cheers!
What did you indicate in your travel exemption webform? Like how did you say about the travel exemption? Thank you.

RDNK

Oct 22, 2021
My husband is on work permit presently in Canada. I'm working here in India.. I have applied my visitor Visa on Oct 2nd.. the approx processing time shows 227days in IRCC website.. Is there any one from India who have got their visa approval recently ? If so I would like to know the timeline ? And 14 to 30 business days response time will be applicable for those who applied (not re Applied) after 7th of Sep 2021?

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Is it Possible/ has anyone crossed the 30 business day timeline and not received a response from IRCC?
im in close to the same boat.3 weeks since applied no update yet.

rogers2929

Jul 14, 2021
I am PR holder. I have applied for my mother's TRV. Here are the timelines.

Application Date: March 23, 2021
Biometrics requested: March 24, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 22, 2021 (at New Delhi)
Country of residence: India (TRV applied outside Canada)
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder.)
Application Status: In Progress

Anyone here with similar timelines?

Fingers crossed.
Hey did you get the passport request? if yes then can you share some timeline?

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
My husband is on work permit presently in Canada. I'm working here in India.. I have applied my visitor Visa on Oct 2nd.. the approx processing time shows 227days in IRCC website.. Is there any one from India who have got their visa approval recently ? If so I would like to know the timeline ? And 14 to 30 business days response time will be applicable for those who applied (not re Applied) after 7th of Sep 2021?
14 to 30 days time for those who applied through IRCC portal (New) if you applied through regular IRCC regular secure account webpage than time is 227 days.

new portal link: Apply online for a visitor visa: IRCC Portal - Canada.ca

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...