+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

laika

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,
Could you please provide some information about MP,as I send an email and no reply so far from , I am waiting for my mother ETA answer from 29 of July and nothing yet
Hello,

I emailed my MP twice (with all of mom's application info) and sent him a fb message. He called me back....

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hi Guys, those of you from Delhi, India - Is it mandatory to submit passport via the courier service (1500 INR per person) or can one drop the passport onself at the Visa Application Center?

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Timeline Visitor Visa 2021
=====================

Application date : Sep 20, 2021 (Old portal - GC Key)
Applied for : Father and Mother ( I am a PR )
Biometric : Oct 12, 2021
PPR: Oct 15, 2021
Hello,
I had applied visit visa for my kids in Old portal i.e. GC Key in May 2021, no updates at all. Do we need to upload any documents for Covid 19 exemption to progress on the applications?

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Need help please. I'm an international student, I had applied for visit visa for my kids on 10th May 2021 in the GC key portal. No single update since them for the kids application. I have received my PPR on 28th Sep'21. Do you suggest me to re apply the visa for my kids? Are the old application not being processed now?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hello,
I had applied visit visa for my kids in Old portal i.e. GC Key in May 2021, no updates at all. Do we need to upload any documents for Covid 19 exemption to progress on the applications?
I don't think vaccination is an impediment here. Vaccination they will ask only at the time of travel. Visa is for 10 years.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Need help please. I'm an international student, I had applied for visit visa for my kids on 10th May 2021 in the GC key portal. No single update since them for the kids application. I have received my PPR on 28th Sep'21. Do you suggest me to re apply the visa for my kids? Are the old application not being processed now?
Your problem is not vaccination. It is the fact that you are applying visit visa for kids even before landing in Canada yourself in Canada. It's a bit weird.... delay is generally due to red flags raised by junior officers who review applications.

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Your problem is not vaccination. It is the fact that you are applying visit visa for kids even before landing in Canada yourself in Canada. It's a bit weird.... delay is generally due to red flags raised by junior officers who review applications.
Thank you. Does this mean its better to wait for me to land in Canada and then re-apply for the kids?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Thank you. Does this mean its better to wait for me to land in Canada and then re-apply for the kids?
Of course. With nobody in Canada, how will your young kids travel all the way there? As a PR, I myself waited for 6 months. Even for spouse, you should have ideally waited for at least 6 months after landing in Canada.

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Of course. With nobody in Canada, how will your young kids travel all the way there? As a PR, I myself waited for 6 months. Even for spouse, you should have ideally waited for at least 6 months after landing in Canada.
I was guided by the education consultant to apply altogether. There is a provision to apply for entire family mentioned below
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1482&top=15

Having a visa doesn't imply you fly immediately. Its an arrangement we make to plan things ahead.
I still agree to your point here.

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
Hi all. I submitted multiple webforms for my parents visa and got generic response from Delhi VO. I also submitted a travel exemption form as suggested by someone on this thread and my dad got response today and it suggested to re-apply using the IRCC portal.

While we are unable to provide an update on the processing of your visitor visa application, please note that if you applied before September 7, 2021 and need to travel to Canada now for one of thefollowing reasons, we recommend that you submit a new application through the IRCC portal. If you require written authorization, your request will be processed as part of your new visa application.

Now am confused what to do.
timelines: GC key application on July 5th
Biometrics letter : July 6th
Biometrics from US: July 29 (they are currently visiting my brother in US)

webform : Sep 23, Oct 11 -got generic response for both asked me to submit web

Travel exemption form: Oct 11