+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Please mention your
Application Date:
Biometrics Completion date:
Country of residence:
Your relation:
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential):
Approval date:

Last edited:

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
Application Date: 13th Feb 2021
Biometrics Completion date: 19th feb 2021
Your relation: Sister
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): visit sister
Approval date: not yet

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Please mention your
Application Date:
Biometrics Completion date:
Your relation:
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential):
Approval date:
App date: Aug 26, 2020 from India
Biometrics completed: Nov 03, 2020
Relation: Mother of PR
Purpose: visit son to assist newborn grandson
Decision: Pending

Last edited:

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Application Date: 20 January 2021 from USA
Biometrics Completion: Yes
Your relation: Husband
Purpose of visit (Essential or non-essential): visit wife

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
App date: Aug 26, 2020 from India
Biometrics completed: Nov 03, 2020
Relation: Mother
Purpose: visit son to assist newborn grandson
Decision: Pending
Did you mention the reason "COVID-19" when you applied for the visa? doing this will prioritize your application.

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
What is COVID-19 reason?
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa
Step 1: Email us, so we can prioritize your application
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other enquiries.

Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time (for example, the application for authorization and statutory declaration for extended family members)
Make sure you email us all required information and supporting documents in one email only.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Reactions: amirshaikh88

ash412

Nov 5, 2020
Application Date: 13th November, 2020
Biometrics Completion date: 21st Jan 2021
Country of residence: India
Relation: Mother of PR holder
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Family reunification after father passing away
Approval date: pending

Added COVID-19 as Purpose of Travel.

Last edited:

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa
Step 1: Email us, so we can prioritize your application
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other enquiries.

Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time (for example, the application for authorization and statutory declaration for extended family members)
Make sure you email us all required information and supporting documents in one email only.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
What do we mean by COVID-19 as reason for travel?
The reason should be essential. That is why they requested for detailed reason/purpose of travel so that they could understand if it is essential or non-essential.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........

pvinusuya

Feb 22, 2021
Application Date: 13th Feb 2021
Biometrics Completion date: 19th feb 2021
Your relation: Sister
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): visit sister
How and where did you submit the biometric? I submitted the application for my parents visit visa and got biometric letter same day. But VAC said they are not taking the biometrics for visit visas in India.

Reactions: angelinyc11

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
How and where did you submit the biometric? I submitted the application for my parents visit visa and got biometric letter same day. But VAC said they are not taking the biometrics for visit visas in India.
People are now travelling to Nepal to get biometrics done. We send my mother in law to Dubai as VAC were not open in Nepal as well that time.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I am preparing my mother's application. I have PR, so I think I should mention COVID-19 as the purpose of travel in the form 5257e, right? Should that be mentioned anywhere else too?
Also, a question, should I mention anything related to COVID in her letter of explanation or my invitation letter? I mean should she have a quarantine plan?
She will not come to Canada now as it may not be safe, we are putting august as a potential date, will that cause an issue?
Thanks!

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
my sister is in Nepal. She applied from there only.