+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

pisces09

Dec 6, 2017
Yes, I also received the same email.. let me know if you get any update
My sister and husband applied in August, they have never asked them for anything regard COVID, what should we do? should they apply again even if they haven't received any email or ask for anything else?

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Hello all! Sharing an update that I posted in another thread on this forum.

Received PPR for my mom's TRV just now.

Key application details
  • City/country of residence and application: Mumbai, India
  • Relation with applicant: Mother
  • Purpose of visit: Essential [indicated purpose of travel as ‘Other - COVID-19’ on IMM5257E, since we submitted the application before new guidelines were issued]
  • Vaccination status: Fully vaccinated with COVISHIELD
  • My status in Canada: Permanent Resident
  • Applied through: GC Key account
The detailed timeline of our visa application is as follows. We did not reapply after the Sep 7 update.
Note: All dates and times indicated below are in IST.
  • Aug 20, 2021, 3:40 pm : Application submitted
  • Aug 20, 2021, 3:45 pm : Payment receipt received
  • Aug 23, 2021, 8:20 pm : Application receipt confirmation
  • Aug 24, 2021, 8:20 pm : Ghost update
  • Aug 24, 2021, 8:50 pm : Biometrics letter received
  • Sep 10, 2021, 10:00 pm : Wrote to IRCC - Delhi VO seeking clarification on the new Sep 7 and Sep 10 guidelines for TRV. I was confused if we should reapply. Submitted general inquiry webform.
  • Sep 14, 2021, 12:30 pm : Biometrics appointment at Mumbai VFS
  • Sep 14, 2021, 7:00 pm : Biometrics updated online and linked to account
  • Sep 15, 2021, 4:50 pm : Received reply from IRCC - Delhi VO on the inquiry I sent them. They told me I should only reapply if my situation has changed. In the same email, there were a bunch of other helpful links. Among those, one was for the travel exemption webform. In the same email, they further stated: "Online Temporary Resident applications will not be prioritized unless you contact IRCC through the travel exemption webform to indicate how you meet the exemption criteria, and in most cases why you are travelling for a non-discretionary/essential purpose, and provide acceptable documentation.” After reading this, I thought it was worthwhile to submit the webform instead of just waiting to hear back on the application.
  • Sep 15, 2021, 10:05 pm : Filled webform for travel exemption, attached all relevant documents including vaccination certificate showing she's eligible to travel
  • Sep 15, 2021, 10:07 pm : Received acknowledgement email saying they will respond in 14 business days
  • Oct 6, 2021, 11:30 am : Ghost update to application status; it changed to “Application/Profile updated”. It was clickable only once. After viewing application details (nothing had changed) and returning to the main application home screen, it was back to normal and changed to “Submitted”.
  • Oct 9, 2021, 11:00 pm : Eligibility status changed. Correspondence letter and PPR received. All updates to the account happened within a span of 10 mins. Overall, took 16 business days (or 25 calendar days) from the time of submitting biometrics.
Notes:
  • My mom has no prior travel history, minimal financial savings to show, has been a homemaker all her life, and doesn't have any strong ties to home country. That's why I was very skeptical of the visa being approved.
  • I showed full sponsorship with notarized invitation letter + notarized proof of means of financial support letter + notarized proof of financial resource of supporter. Total of 3 notarized documents - in retrospect, it does seem like an overkill but I didn't want to take any chances. Basically included all documents typically required for a super visa, minus the insurance and medical test report.
  • In the webform, I did mention the travel date as Oct 15. So, it was approved well within the acceptable travel timeframe. However, considering that we have to factor in additional days for the passport to be stamped, I don't think my mom will be able to fly out on the 15th.
Happy to answer any specific questions you may have about information that hasn't been covered here.

This has been such a pleasant surprise. Given that it's the Thanksgiving long weekend, I was not expecting this at all.
I want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their insights, timelines and personal experiences; it helped me learn a lot and even calm my nerves while keeping hope alive.

It has been a stressful year for most of us, but hang in there. You'll get through soon enough. Here's wishing everyone the very best with their applications. Cheers!

charisma

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29 June 2017
Hello all! Sharing an update that I posted in another thread on this forum.

Received PPR for my mom's TRV just now.

Key application details
  • City/country of residence and application: Mumbai, India
  • Relation with applicant: Mother
  • Purpose of visit: Essential [indicated purpose of travel as ‘Other - COVID-19’ on IMM5257E, since we submitted the application before new guidelines were issued]
  • Vaccination status: Fully vaccinated with COVISHIELD
  • My status in Canada: Permanent Resident
  • Applied through: GC Key account
The detailed timeline of our visa application is as follows. We did not reapply after the Sep 7 update.
Note: All dates and times indicated below are in IST.
  • Aug 20, 2021, 3:40 pm : Application submitted
  • Aug 20, 2021, 3:45 pm : Payment receipt received
  • Aug 23, 2021, 8:20 pm : Application receipt confirmation
  • Aug 24, 2021, 8:20 pm : Ghost update
  • Aug 24, 2021, 8:50 pm : Biometrics letter received
  • Sep 10, 2021, 10:00 pm : Wrote to IRCC - Delhi VO seeking clarification on the new Sep 7 and Sep 10 guidelines for TRV. I was confused if we should reapply. Submitted general inquiry webform.
  • Sep 14, 2021, 12:30 pm : Biometrics appointment at Mumbai VFS
  • Sep 14, 2021, 7:00 pm : Biometrics updated online and linked to account
  • Sep 15, 2021, 4:50 pm : Received reply from IRCC - Delhi VO on the inquiry I sent them. They told me I should only reapply if my situation has changed. In the same email, there were a bunch of other helpful links. Among those, one was for the travel exemption webform. In the same email, they further stated: "Online Temporary Resident applications will not be prioritized unless you contact IRCC through the travel exemption webform to indicate how you meet the exemption criteria, and in most cases why you are travelling for a non-discretionary/essential purpose, and provide acceptable documentation.” After reading this, I thought it was worthwhile to submit the webform instead of just waiting to hear back on the application.
  • Sep 15, 2021, 10:05 pm : Filled webform for travel exemption, attached all relevant documents including vaccination certificate showing she's eligible to travel
  • Sep 15, 2021, 10:07 pm : Received acknowledgement email saying they will respond in 14 business days
  • Oct 6, 2021, 11:30 am : Ghost update to application status; it changed to “Application/Profile updated”. It was clickable only once. After viewing application details (nothing had changed) and returning to the main application home screen, it was back to normal and changed to “Submitted”.
  • Oct 9, 2021, 11:00 pm : Eligibility status changed. Correspondence letter and PPR received. All updates to the account happened within a span of 10 mins. Overall, took 16 business days (or 25 calendar days) from the time of submitting biometrics.
Notes:
  • My mom has no prior travel history, minimal financial savings to show, has been a homemaker all her life, and doesn't have any strong ties to home country. That's why I was very skeptical of the visa being approved.
  • I showed full sponsorship with notarized invitation letter + notarized proof of means of financial support letter + notarized proof of financial resource of supporter. Total of 3 notarized documents - in retrospect, it does seem like an overkill but I didn't want to take any chances. Basically included all documents typically required for a super visa, minus the insurance and medical test report.
  • In the webform, I did mention the travel date as Oct 15. So, it was approved well within the acceptable travel timeframe. However, considering that we have to factor in additional days for the passport to be stamped, I don't think my mom will be able to fly out on the 15th.
Happy to answer any specific questions you may have about information that hasn't been covered here.

This has been such a pleasant surprise. Given that it's the Thanksgiving long weekend, I was not expecting this at all.
I want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their insights, timelines and personal experiences; it helped me learn a lot and even calm my nerves while keeping hope alive.

It has been a stressful year for most of us, but hang in there. You'll get through soon enough. Here's wishing everyone the very best with their applications. Cheers!
Hi dear,

Congrats for the approval of TRV. I am wondering if you could provide details of the documents (and template of letters) you provided to support the application. I am looking forward to apply for my parents TRV. My father is retired businessman and mother is homemaker. They haven't travelled abroad ever. Neither they have any property on their name. They live with my siblings and property is on my brother's name. In summary, there is no strong evidence to show their ties to India. Please advise that which documents and how much finances they should show?

Thank You!

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Hi dear,

Congrats for the approval of TRV. I am wondering if you could provide details of the documents (and template of letters) you provided to support the application. I am looking forward to apply for my parents TRV. My father is retired businessman and mother is homemaker. They haven't travelled abroad ever. Neither they have any property on their name. They live with my siblings and property is on my brother's name. In summary, there is no strong evidence to show their ties to India. Please advise that which documents and how much finances they should show?

Thank You!
Thank you!

The documents and letters I provided for my mom's application are very specific to our situation. In our case, I told IRCC that my mother needs to be with me for emotional support and a change of scenery as my father passed away recently. We also mentioned that I am currently in India, working remotely so I can be with my mom (in person) until the visa is approved. And due to the timezone differences, it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to continue working while being based outside Canada. Hence, we requested priority processing so we both could fly together. I will be accompanying my mother to Canada.

Your case is different from my situation and hence, I cannot advise on which documents you should provide and how much funds you should show. If you want to obtain the list of documents, you can fill out the online questionnaire which will give you an idea of everything you will need to apply for your parents.

For the supporting notarized letters, I provided statutory declarations (so they're not actually "letters") which are worded in legal language and are specific to our case. You can consult an immigration lawyer (not just someone who's a registered IRCC consultant) for drafting a document of this nature. However, note that IRCC does not ask for statutory declarations or notarized documents as such; they only ask for an invitation letter. As per my understanding, a notarized letter is required only for a super visa. It's up to you if while applying for a regular visitor visa, you want to go the extra mile and provide very formal, legally worded letters that are notarized. Also, know that attaching such documents does not guarantee approval of the visa.

Regarding finances, if you're showing full sponsorship, you will have to meet LICO requirements (I think, not completely sure) — I believe, this is the guideline for a super visa. I don't know the guidelines for a regular TRV.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Kumar25

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Hello Guys,
My timeline as follows.
applied on oct 7th 2021
Biometric requested Oct 8th
Biometric done Oct 11th.

Now waiting game for my mother in law from Hyderabad (india)
We applied for her first time.
We are Canadian Citizen.
Hope she gets some updates.

anyone similar?

Reactions: Silver101

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Hello Guys,
My timeline as follows.
applied on oct 7th 2021
Biometric requested Oct 8th
Biometric done Oct 11th.

Now waiting game for my mother in law from Hyderabad (india)
We applied for her first time.
We are Canadian Citizen.
Hope she gets some updates.

anyone similar?
We applied for mother in law on oct 4th. Biometric done on 12th oct. Eligibility review started on oct 13th. Now waiting.
COR Pakistan

Reactions: mirmukaramali

Kate22

Feb 26, 2019
Hello everyone,
ETA for my mother applied on 29th of July 2021
Country Romania
Eligibility not started
Reapplied on 9th of September
My questions anyone here waiting for so long for an ETA approval which takes up to 72 hours not more than 2,5 months

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello guys.

Moving from international students, I'm already in Canada and my parents want to come to visit. How long is the process taking for a visitor visa? For how long would they get their visitor visa? Does this vary or is it a common time?

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
My timeline as follows.
applied on oct 3 2021
Biometric requested Oct 3 2021
Biometric done Oct 3.
Eligibility review not started yet
Country?

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
My timeline as follows.
applied on oct 3 2021
Biometric requested Oct 3 2021
Biometric done Oct 3.
Eligibility review not started yet
Hello @talaat05, could you tell whether you applied through the IRCC portal or IRCC secure account? I applied on October 7 for a Visitor Visa on IRCC secure account and I am an immediate family member (spouse) of a Canadian PR. I applied on October 7, biometrics matched from the previous TRV, and now waiting.

talaat05

Oct 15, 2021
Hello @talaat05, could you tell whether you applied through the IRCC portal or IRCC secure account? I applied on October 7 for a Visitor Visa on IRCC secure account and I am an immediate family member (spouse) of a Canadian PR. I applied on October 7, biometrics matched from the previous TRV, and now waiting.
IRCC secure account