+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
Sorry I have a question, how do you raise webform for a particular office like you have mentioned NY and LA offices?
There is an option to select which processing center you submit the req to. Country - United States and then you can select either NewYork or Los Angeles

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
I mean do we expect PPR from US office or India office. They can only stay 5 more months in US. After that they need to go back to India.
I think it’ll be India office, but that doesn’t matter as they can submit the passport for stamping either in India or USA (if they are still there)

by the way, earlier for permanent resident application we could ask about the visa office via webform and they usually used to respond with visa office details.. not sure if they do that anymore

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
I think it’ll be India office, but that doesn’t matter as they can submit the passport for stamping either in India or USA (if they are still there)

by the way, earlier for permanent resident application we could ask about the visa office via webform and they usually used to respond with visa office details.. not sure if they do that anymore
Oh ok. Thanks for your response. As long as they can submit in US, I think that should be fine. Hope they will hear back soon on any updates.

azharqamar

Aug 22, 2013
Hi members i applied visitor visa as below given details.

date of apply: 20 august 2020
Biometric done same day
Purpose of visit : tourist
Applied through Gckey online
From india
Decision : under process

kindly suggest me what should i do?Shall i raise a web form kindly need experts help

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021

Ok, I will check if they are still accepting any forms for this.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Timeline:

Application submitted: March 16, 2021
Biometrics submitted: March 24, 2021
Applying from: Saudi Arabia
Purpose of travel: Family visit - ( to visit my sons- three of them are permanent residents in Canada)

HOW DO I CHANGE THE PURPOSE OF TRAVEL TO "COVID-19"??
Hi. Were you able to get the visa? I have applied from KSA as well…

Reactions: Ibtii10

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I submitted my application on May and biometrics on July. I didn't receive any updates for 2 months. I sent a webform to 3 VO in India yesterday and received response from Chandigarh VO in 5 hours and rejection in next 12 hours.

Reasons stated are,
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am doing a business in India and I had submitted business registration for it. I also submitted flight itinerary.
I provided bank statements as savings.
My wife is a PR in canada and I am just going for a visit for a month there.
I won't leave India for a long time because I have my mother and brother who has autism as my dependents and there is Noone else to look after them. I didn't provide a proof for it though.

What proof can I provide to prove my family ties?Does providing a doctors letter on my brother's condition would help? Also some property documents?
And for purpose of visit what can I submit?

Please provide me some guidance

Last edited:

anikethd02

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi All, my parents(Indian passport) applied for visitor visa in July 2021 from US They are in US on visitor visa B1/B2 now and also gave biometrics in US.
Also submitted web form for priority processing request on Sep 23rd 2021 to NY and LA offices. Today my father received an email - standard response from Delhi office. When looked at the thread NY office forwarded the request to Delhi office saying “it might be their case”.
We mentioned current country of residence as India (since they are just traveling) and gave US mailing address in Canada visit visa application. Is this correct?
How would I know which visa office is processing their application? India or US. ?
INDIA. As they mentioned that the request has been forwarded to New Delhi office. However, once they get a Passport request, stamping could be done from any country.

shoaibjaan003

May 12, 2019
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa
Step 1: Email us, so we can prioritize your application
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other enquiries.

Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time (for example, the application for authorization and statutory declaration for extended family members)
Make sure you email us all required information and supporting documents in one email only.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
[/QUOTE
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa
Step 1: Email us, so we can prioritize your application
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other enquiries.

Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time (for example, the application for authorization and statutory declaration for extended family members)
Make sure you email us all required information and supporting documents in one email only.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
Hello Everyone
I have a valid Canada visitor visa and I was also applied for my son on 25 July 2020 biometric was done and still in process his application and we are going for tourism (Non Essential purpose) and we are also full vaccinated. Can I email for prioritize his application.

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
Hello Everyone
I have a valid Canada visitor visa and I was also applied for my son on 25 July 2020 biometric was done and still in process his application and we are going for tourism (Non Essential purpose) and we are also full vaccinated. Can I email for prioritize his application.
Did u send the email?

Anand_reddy

Jul 30, 2021
Hello friends,
As a temporary worker in Canada, I have applied for my wife's visitor application on April 28. Due to the continuous lockdown situations in india, they have not processed my wife's emergency visitor visa application to reunite with the family. As I got my new extended work permit, based on the thread they asked to file one more application if our status has changed. So I have applied another visitor application on September 13. Yesterday we have received biometric confirmation letter as my wife has already given the biometrics long back for another rejected applications.

Can anyone let me know if they started processing the application and how many days will it take further?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Anand_reddy

Jul 30, 2021
Hello friends,
As a temporary worker in Canada, I have applied for my wife's visitor application on April 28. Due to the continuous lockdown situations in india, they have not processed my wife's emergency visitor visa application to reunite with the family. As I got my new extended work permit, based on the thread they asked to file one more application if our status has changed. So I have applied another visitor application on September 13. Yesterday we have received biometric confirmation letter as my wife has already given the biometrics long back for another rejected applications.

Can anyone let me know if they started processing the application and how many days will it take further?

Anand_reddy

Jul 30, 2021
Hello friends,

rachelf1394

Mar 24, 2021
Hi!
Anyone applied for TRV from USA, for parents of a permanent resident??
My mom applied july 3rd 2021 and nothing yet.
Please help!!
We applied for reason: covid 19