+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

shaz82

Nov 14, 2014
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Doc's Request.
None
How did you get the portal? What of the invite code? how does it work?
invite code you will get in the email , just need to use that , seems like they are accepting applications only in this portal.

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
invite code you will get in the email , just need to use that , seems like they are accepting applications only in this portal.
Did they mention anywhere like we need to resubmit only through this portal, if yes can you share the link.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
quick question - how to get that ? like what email ? cic sending email to resubmit trv application with invite code ?

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
I have applied for new visitor visa application as my old visa application was made on september 2nd ,
i applied using protail
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

this process is bit different , you have to enter the much information on web based forms , at the you have to upload few forms which i did from my previous application.

Not sure how to withdraw and apply for refund for previous application . any one has any idea ?

Thanks.
Hello

how do you get the invite code please?
Thanks

Shweta51190

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Med's Done....
12-01-2021
Hello

how do you get the invite code please?
Thanks
quick question - how to get that ? like what email ? cic sending email to resubmit trv application with invite code ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa/portal-application-process.html

You have to click on Need IRCC portal account and then answer few question to reach the page where they will ask you your Email id and then you will get the invite code

Reactions: hummingbird98

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa/portal-application-process.html

You have to click on Need IRCC portal account and then answer few question to reach the page where they will ask you your Email id and then you will get the invite code
Hi!

I applied for a visitor visa from the USA (I’m on H1B) in June 2021 and yet to receive the PPR. The purpose of my visit is to attend my H1B visa stamping interview in Ottawa in Dec 2021. Since I did apply before Sept 7, do I qualify to reapply again according to this latest news? And this link that you posted - is there an advantage going through this rather than the usual online application process?
Thanks in advance.

neettaneja

Sep 6, 2021
Hello fellow Canadians

I need your help. I have started a petition for
Canadian Voice for Healthy & Progressive Canada - Sponsorship for siblings

I am not sure how successfull I will be but definately won't happen without everyone's support.

Please sign this petition: It's open for signatures for PR Holder and Canadian citizens only.

https://chng.it/xwkz9CXPFx

Please if your against it just don't sign it but put comments here why you are against. We all have our point of views.
Please support the petition

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

I applied for a visitor visa for my parents on August 17th and now I am receiving mix signals from IRCC. I just noticed that there is a new update on re-applying for visitor visa applications dated before September 7th AND today I received an information letter sent to the parents' application CIC profile with the subject : Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification. From what I read from the previous threads, IRCC only sends this generic reply to those who filled out the web forum, right?

Given the letter I received and the new update asking to re-apply, does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do? Cause I am not sure withdrawing the current application while I received this application update (letter) be a risk-free move.

Thanks,
Any update after that email ?

neettaneja

Sep 6, 2021
Hello fellow Canadians

I need your help. I have started a petition for
Canadian Voice for Healthy & Progressive Canada - Sponsorship for siblings

I am not sure how successfull I will be but definately won't happen without everyone's support.

Please sign this petition: It's open for signatures for PR Holder and Canadian citizens only.

https://chng.it/xwkz9CXPFx

Please if your against it just don't sign it but put comments here why you are against. We all have our point of views.

Thank you to all those who signed - I see that you are supporting it.
here is A HEARTBREAKING comment from one of the parent on the petition - Please support for parents like this.

Kulwant k·
I am senior citizen. Me & my husband moved to Canada with one of our child but with time our family is seperated across the world. We want our children to reunite in Canada before we complete our journey of life. For parent their children are their family no matter how old they are. Look at it from our point of view.

beckham23

Dec 12, 2017
Any update after that email ?
No update. Now that the IRCC recommendation is updated (" If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption, you do not need to submit a new application or write to us again. "), I guess I do not need to reapply. Still not sure!!

Have you received the same message/email recently?

S15

Sep 11, 2021
Visitor Application Date: 18th March 2021
Biometrics Completion date: 27th July 2021
Country of residence: India
Your relation: Spouse (canada PR holder)
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): non-essential
Approval date: Awaited

At the time of application, we were just engaged & got married on 15th July 2021. We had submitted our marriage certificate via webform (but didn't receive any response - its been 10 days).

Question:
With the new guidelines issued sept. 07 & updated on Sept 10th, I am confused whether to submit new application or not.
At the time of application I was employed but currently I am not.

Please advise
- if I re-apply, will my unemployement affect my application and create chances of rejection
- if yes, then should I wait with the current application or file for PR under spousal sponsorship category
- any idea what is the actual PR processing timeline.
- can we apply for PR as well as TRV simultaneously

TIA!

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Hey @destiny2016! Our applications are similar. I initially submitted my mom's TRV application on Aug 20 and have the biometrics scheduled for Sep 14. Given the new announcement this week to resubmit applications (for those who submitted prior to Sep 7), are you planning on doing that?
IRCC update on their site:
If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption
You do not need to submit a new application or write to us again.

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
IRCC update on their site:
If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption
You do not need to submit a new application or write to us again.
Thank you! I did see this update. However, I'm confused about the part that says "you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption". By "already told us" what do they mean? "Told us" how? Is this about selecting the purpose of travel as "Other - COVID-19" in the main application form? Or does this refer to those individuals who have submitted a webform asking for exemption?