+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Congrats. Did you raise webform to prioritize your application? If yes, when did you raise it?
It was sent by my MP June 8. Please see my complete timeline below.

Submission Confirmation: February 19
Biometrics: Valid
Medical Request: June 16
ADR (Marriage Certificate): June 17
ADR submitted: June 17
Medical Passed: July 6
Decision Made: September 7
PPR: September 7

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
Hi friends,
Please share your valuable suggestions and feedback.
My status:
I am in permanent resident in Canada and my wife is in India applied for PR. She received pre-arrival service email from Canada Government but waiting for passport request for past five months.
I want to apply for visitor visa for her now.
My question is: Can I apply on her behalf? can the application for visitor visa be "online"?
Does she still have to sign them the forms and courier to me so that I could scan them and upload online?
Do we upload digital picture online for visitor visa?
How much she has to show in her account as she doesnt work anymore?
If you awesome people could answer these questions and share the valuable links to make my initiation of visitor visa application easy, I will really really appreciate it.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi friends,
Please share your valuable suggestions and feedback.
My status:
I am in permanent resident in Canada and my wife is in India applied for PR. She received pre-arrival service email from Canada Government but waiting for passport request for past five months.
I want to apply for visitor visa for her now.
My question is: Can I apply on her behalf? can the application for visitor visa be "online"?
Does she still have to sign them the forms and courier to me so that I could scan them and upload online?
Do we upload digital picture online for visitor visa?
How much she has to show in her account as she doesnt work anymore?
If you awesome people could answer these questions and share the valuable links to make my initiation of visitor visa application easy, I will really really appreciate it.
Hi! I think we're on the same boat. We have an on going spousal application (Jan 2020 outland applicant-Philippines) and applied for visitor visa Feb 2021. We submitted everything online and the forms were signed electronically. The digital picture was also uploaded online. Now when it comes to your wife being unemployed which is the same case for my husband, I have provided a letter stating that I am taking full financial responsibility/support for the duration of his stay and attaching my employment letter, 3 current pay stubs and current bank statement. I hope this helps.

Current processing time for India is 106 days.

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
Hi! I think we're on the same boat. We have an on going spousal application (Jan 2020 outland applicant-Philippines) and applied for visitor visa Feb 2021. We submitted everything online and the forms were signed electronically. The digital picture was also uploaded online. Now when it comes to your wife being unemployed which is the same case for my husband, I have provided a letter stating that I am taking full financial responsibility/support for the duration of his stay and attaching my employment letter, 3 current pay stubs and current bank statement. I hope this helps.

Current processing time for India is 106 days.
first of all, thank you so much for taking time out to reply to my question. It is bit emotional for me.
Could you please answer the following questions?
1. I have already got list of forms for submission. I know , for the fact, that myself, who is in Canada and my wife, who is in India, both have to sign the forms. My questions is, how we do it online? Does my wife first fill all the forms in India, sign them and then mail to me in Canada and then I sign them, scan them and upload them in online account?
2. Could you share the format of the letter for taking full financial responsibility for the duration? I can share my email address to send to.
Thanks in advance.

Suaa2016

Jun 29, 2021
Hi Friends,

I need a suggestion/clarification. I applied for my mothers Visitor Visa in Feb 2021 and Biometrics completed in July 10, 2021. There is no progress made yet. I sent a webform on Aug 25th and received reply just now as follows. What are the next steps i have to do? i have uploaded her Vaccination status document in webform, so was not sure what else i need to submit? Also if you read the last but one paragraph, they say your are not considered to hold a valid travel document .Can anyone help? thanks in advance

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

beckham23

Dec 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied for a visitor visa for my parents on August 17th and now I am receiving mix signals from IRCC. I just noticed that there is a new update on re-applying for visitor visa applications dated before September 7th AND today I received an information letter sent to the parents' application CIC profile with the subject : Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification. From what I read from the previous threads, IRCC only sends this generic reply to those who filled out the web forum, right?

Given the letter I received and the new update asking to re-apply, does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do? Cause I am not sure withdrawing the current application while I received this application update (letter) be a risk-free move.

Thanks,

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hi everyone,

I applied for a visitor visa for my parents on August 17th and now I am receiving mix signals from IRCC. I just noticed that there is a new update on re-applying for visitor visa applications dated before September 7th AND today I received an information letter sent to the parents' application CIC profile with the subject : Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification. From what I read from the previous threads, IRCC only sends this generic reply to those who filled out the web forum, right?

Given the letter I received and the new update asking to re-apply, does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do? Cause I am not sure withdrawing the current application while I received this application update (letter) be a risk-free move.

Thanks,
I received this email : Request for travel authirization on Aug 30, 2021. But I reapplied on Sept 8th again as per ircc recommendations.
I made the new application in the morning and there was a reply to my old application email saying thank you. We have received your additional documents.
I am not sure that my old application has been withdrawn.

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Application Date: August 17th, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: September 9th, 2021
Travel Exemption Webform submitted: September 10th, 2021
Country of residence: India
Your relation: Mother of Canadian PR (Immediate Family member)
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Other (Covid-19, Family Reunification)
Approval date: In-Progress

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Application Date: August 17th, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: September 9th, 2021
Travel Exemption Webform submitted: September 10th, 2021
Country of residence: India
Your relation: Mother of Canadian PR (Immediate Family member)
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Other (Covid-19, Family Reunification)
Approval date: In-Progress
Hey @destiny2016! Our applications are similar. I initially submitted my mom's TRV application on Aug 20 and have the biometrics scheduled for Sep 14. Given the new announcement this week to resubmit applications (for those who submitted prior to Sep 7), are you planning on doing that?

shaz82

Nov 14, 2014
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Doc's Request.
None
I have applied for new visitor visa application as my old visa application was made on september 2nd ,
i applied using protail
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

this process is bit different , you have to enter the much information on web based forms , at the you have to upload few forms which i did from my previous application.

Not sure how to withdraw and apply for refund for previous application . any one has any idea ?

Thanks.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
I have applied for new visitor visa application as my old visa application was made on september 2nd ,
i applied using protail
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

this process is bit different , you have to enter the much information on web based forms , at the you have to upload few forms which i did from my previous application.

Not sure how to withdraw and apply for refund for previous application . any one has any idea ?

Thanks.
How did you get the portal? What of the invite code? how does it work?

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I have reapplied for visitor visa on sep 9th and I got biometrics correspondence letter just now. What does this means? At which stage do we get this letter ? Please respond if anyone knows abt it

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
It was sent by my MP June 8. Please see my complete timeline below.

Submission Confirmation: February 19
Biometrics: Valid
Medical Request: June 16
ADR (Marriage Certificate): June 17
ADR submitted: June 17
Medical Passed: July 6
Decision Made: September 7
PPR: September 7
Thanks

Girlfrombc27

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
I have reapplied for visitor visa on sep 9th and I got biometrics correspondence letter just now. What does this means? At which stage do we get this letter ? Please respond if anyone knows abt it
i think they send that out at the same time as your passport request so watch out for your passport request email