+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

shaz82

Nov 14, 2014
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Doc's Request.
None
Can any one share the time line if you got the approval of the visit visa .

I applied TRV for my mother for pregnancy support , i got biometric request next day of application . My mother will be completing biometric in a day or two. any idea how much is the normal processing time after the biometric ?

Thanks.

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
I just received an email response from IRCC.INWorkspaceGamma-EspacedetravailGammaRI@cic.gc.ca for our webform request after 20 days. Below is the response but not sure if it is positive or not.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Hey,
Some of us have got the same emails from IRCC but no updates after that so far.

Let us know if you get any updates.

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Can any one share the time line if you got the approval of the visit visa .

I applied TRV for my mother for pregnancy support , i got biometric request next day of application . My mother will be completing biometric in a day or two. any idea how much is the normal processing time after the biometric ?

Thanks.
Hi,
It depends. Some people have waited long whereas some have had their visas quick.

If you're a pr or a canadian citizen, i suggest you to submit a covid 19 travel exemption webform, that might help you get your application priorized.

Reactions: shaz82

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Hi all,
New update on visitor visa applications submitted before September 7 -2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html.
Do we need to resubmit and if yes what is the timeline?
Only if you travel for the reasons they mentioned. they will only process nee applications now. They have so many applications in pending. web forms will not work now. All old applications in queue. waiting waiting and waiting. even 7th September didnt bring happiness for non essential purpose applicants

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
Only if you travel for the reasons they mentioned. they will only process nee applications now. They have so many applications in pending. web forms will not work now. All old applications in queue. waiting waiting and waiting. even 7th September didnt bring happiness for non essential purpose applicants
I applied for family reunification purpose for 3 yr old kid and waited for almost 7 months and now if I re-apply I’m not sure how long it will take to process

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
I applied for family reunification purpose for 3 yr old kid and waited for almost 7 months and now if I re-apply I’m not sure how long it will take to process
Hi did you only apply for Visitor Visa for Kid or was it along with other application like Spouse open work permit?

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
if we will resubmit the application is that a guarantee that it will be approved?