+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

harpreetkrd

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Please mention your
Application Date:
Biometrics Completion date:
Country of residence:
Your relation:
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential):
Approval date:
Application Date: 14 Jan 2021
Biometrics Completion date: 27 Jan 2021
Country of residence: Dubai, UAE
Your relation: Spouse
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Reunite with spouse
Approval date: Still waiting

Raised the web form on 29 July 2021, still no update.

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
Thanks for the info.But I didn't send any email or raise webform to prioritize my application.As it was not even a month was completed since I submitted my application.
IRCC sent this email on their own.Once I received this email,then I submitted the webform immediately using the link provided in the email.

Two days after receiving this email I got my passport request letter.

Hello,
I also received similar message on 14th day after submitting webform to prioritize the application.
which visa office did you select while submitting the webform using the link provided in the email.

thanks

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
Application Date: 7 July 2021
Biometrics Completion date: 13 july 2021
Country of residence: India
Your relation: Parent
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder
Current status in Cic account: Biometrics completed on July 13, 2021.

Raised the web form on 27 July 2021,

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hello,
I also received similar message on 14th day after submitting webform to prioritize the application.
which visa office did you select while submitting the webform using the link provided in the email.

thanks
Did you get that reply on 14th work day or 14th calendar day after raising the webform ?
I sent webform for both of my parents on July 28th, but haven't received anything yet.

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
on 14th work day. I submitted webform on July27th
thanks for confirming that.

I guess I will wait few more days and hopefully get positive response,

what exactly did they ask you to do in their response ? send Passport for stamping ?

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
thanks for confirming that.

I guess I will wait few more days and hopefully get positive response,

what exactly did they ask you to do in their response ? send Passport for stamping ?

No, not Passport request for stamping. Email is similar to one member posted few days ago

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the
Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day ,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in
process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when
a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill
out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured
that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible;
however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel
document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are
advised.
We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
No, not Passport request for stamping. Email is similar to one member posted few days ago

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the
Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day ,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in
process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when
a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill
out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured
that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible;
however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel
document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are
advised.
We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Got it. Hopefully that is one step close to approval.
Keep us posted on what happens after this.

Reactions: Canada_2021_

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hello,

thanks
I don't know in which office my application was processing so I submitted 3 webforms to 3 locations .1 per location (Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh).

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
I don't know in which office my application was processing so I submitted 3 webforms to 3 locations .1 per location (Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh).
how many days it took for you to get passport request after you submitted these forms ?

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
how many days it took for you to get passport request after you submitted these forms ?
1 day in between(Monday).i got the mail from IRCC on Aug 6 (Friday) and submitted the webform immediately.Got the passport request letter on Aug 10 (Tuesday)

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Application Date: 14 Jan 2021
Biometrics Completion date: 27 Jan 2021

Raised the web form on 29 July 2021, still no update.
Application Date: 8th Dec 2020
Biometrics Completion date: 13 Jan 2021
Raised 4 webforms 2 refusals and 2 no response yet
I am on TRV in Canada

Reactions: harpreetkrd