+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

San050403

Jun 8, 2021
Application Date: July 8, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 10, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 20, 2021 (at Chennai)
Country of residence: India(TRV applied outside Canada)
Your relation: Spouse
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder)
Current status in Cic account: Biometrics completed on July 20, 2021.

Waiting for further updates!!

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for visitors visa for my mother . Recently she has completed her biometrics and it's updated successfully. I am a Permanent Resident and my husband is a Canadian Citizen. We have mentioned the same in our application and have uploaded all the related documents as well.
Today they have uploaded 'Information letter' in our gckey account.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the
Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day xxxxxx,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in
process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when
a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill
out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured
that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible;
however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel
document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are
advised.
We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

But I didn't raise any webform or send emails till now.
Can someone please say what does this mean??

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder)

Applied same day

Everything done waiting

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014

same as your situation and timelines.. waiting for the updaye

Jesse_mj

Dec 28, 2019
Hi everyone,
My extended family member applied on July 08, got biometrics done on July 15 awaiting revert, please update once you guys hear anything.

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Application Date: July 12, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 13, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 14, 2021 (in Lagos, Nigeria)
Country of residence: Nigeria (TRV-Visiting Visa applied outside Canada)
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “COVID-19 PHAC” (Compassionate Grounds to Support Pregnant Wife who is a PR)
Current status in CIC account: Biometrics completed on July 14, 2021.

Reactions: Christyodofin

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for visitors visa for my mother . Recently she has completed her biometrics and it's updated successfully. I am a Permanent Resident and my husband is a Canadian Citizen. We have mentioned the same in our application and have uploaded all the related documents as well.
Today they have uploaded 'Information letter' in our gckey account.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the
Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day xxxxxx,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in
process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when
a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill
out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured
that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible;
however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel
document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are
advised.
We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

But I didn't raise any webform or send emails till now.
Can someone please say what does this mean??
I got the same update for my Mother when i submitted the webform for Priority Processing. This response is generated if you submit a request for priority processing.

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Thanks for the info.But I didn't send any email or raise webform to prioritize my application.As it was not even a month was completed since I submitted my application.
IRCC sent this email on their own.Once I received this email,then I submitted the webform immediately using the link provided in the email.

Two days after receiving this email I got my passport request letter.

PrasadRks

Jul 27, 2020
I got the same update for my Mother when i submitted the webform for Priority Processing. This response is generated if you submit a request for priority processing.
Could you please share details where to submit webform to prioritize web application.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Could you please share details where to submit webform to prioritize web application.
Sure here is the link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

Before submitting that form, you need to explain your situation to them plus you have to show that you're immediate family member of Canadian PR or Citizen. For that you have to submit your PR/Passport Scanned Copy and Your relationship proof to the applicant such as Family Relationship form or whatever that makes sense.

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys, I am intrested in applying for visit visa for canada. Could you please tell me about process and share link with me.

KirPar@19

Aug 14, 2021
Please can someone suggest whether I need to fill in family representative form for my parents-in law if I have applied for their visitor visa by creating a new account for my father-in-law and showing mom-in- law as dependent. I am a PR in Canada and want to get them here for a visit.