+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa
Step 1: Email us, so we can prioritize your application
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other enquiries.

Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time (for example, the application for authorization and statutory declaration for extended family members)
Make sure you email us all required information and supporting documents in one email only.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
Hi !
Here, do we write UCI and application number for visitors visa or other ongoing spousal application??
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
My Timeline
Application Submitted-20 March 2021
Medicals requested- 09 April 2021
Medicals Passed - 29 April 2021

No update since then, I applied for visitor visa for 3 yr old kid as immediate family member and mentioned the reason as ‘COVID-19’, we both are on open work permit

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Application Date: February 18, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: Currently valid due to on-going spousal application
Country of residence: Philippines
Your relation: Spouse
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Covid-19 (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian Citizen)
Approval date: Pending

rules87

Jul 21, 2021
Application Date: 21st July 2021
Biometrics Completion date: They did it in 2019
Country of residence: India
Your relation: Daughter
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): To assist with new born baby

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Application Date: 8th Dec 2020
Biometrics Completion date: 13th Jan 2021
Country of residence: UAE, Dubai
Your relation: Spouse
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): To unite with spouse
I raised 2 webforms requesting for ircc authorization approval. no luck. hopefully we may start seeing pprs for visit visa

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
Application Date: 1 July 2020
Biometrics Completion date: 20 July 2021
Country of residence: India
Your relation: Father
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Family reunification

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
@Vandy Gill Is applicant an immediate member of PR?
did u raise any webform inquiry for prioritizing application if family pf PR or for authorization if family of TRV & received any reply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, immediate family member (spouse) and i am PR here.
I did raised webforms and always i asked like why there is still delays and stuff like that. My husband's PR application has exceeded normal processing time which was 12 months. So, then you can pressure them. That's what i did.
immediate family member don't need any authorization from IRCC
Processing times are always estimates so many actually do go over 12 months even before covid. After 2-3 years your MP could start asking why there are such processing delays but not after 12 months. Given covid normal processing times are not considered and you’ll receive a response about delays due to covid.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Yes i did, but not to prioritize the application, i just ask them like why there is still delays. As my husband's PR application is under process since Feb-2020 and everything is complete for that file as well and i am PR here. So i just raise questions to IRCC in Canada and ask them. You should raise very solid based webform to them.

I sent emails to MR. Justin Trudeau and Mr. Marco immigration minister regarding my both applications. I think that works too.
IWhat is the email to contact them? I am also PR. My mother in law’s application have pending decision since Aug 2020. We have a newborn baby whom we need help with to get back to our jobs.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
Seeking an advice:
I am a PR in Canada am I have been in a 5 months old long distance relationship with my girlfriend back home.
I was home June, 2021 to meet her and we did spend almost a month together during my stay.
Now I would like to invite her to Canada through the visitor permit.
Has anyone been in such situation or does anyone have any idea how to go about it?
I am just curious about this time we are now a.k.a Covid-19, as only immediate and extended family are allowed.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
My Timeline
Application Submitted-20 March 2021
Medicals requested- 09 April 2021
Medicals Passed - 29 April 2021

No update since then, I applied for visitor visa for 3 yr old kid as immediate family member and mentioned the reason as ‘COVID-19’, we both are on open work permit
Me too the same, I am also open work permit.
I applied for my 3 year son now he is 4 we are still waiting for his visitor visa.
Applied on July 13 2020
No update till, no medical, no biometric request, nothing.

I applied form INDIA,
from which country did you applied for your son??

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
Me too the same, I am also open work permit.
I applied for my 3 year son now he is 4 we are still waiting for his visitor visa.
Applied on July 13 2020
No update till, no medical, no biometric request, nothing.

I applied form INDIA,
from which country did you applied for your son??
Applied as outside Canada( from India)