14-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-Dec-2016
@tannygirl : Please guide me guys

Hey guys, I had tried twice applying online for TRV and got rejected. That was before applying for my wife's sponsorship for PR.

What do you suggest, should I apply for her now and she doesn't have any travel history too?

Shwemir

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:14-10-2015.................SA : 28-10-2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 : 09-11-2015
Med's Done....
done upfront July 2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016.............DM : 22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flagpole : 08-05-2016
We applied online from India, below is our timeline :
Application Submitted - 10 oct 2015
Passport requested - 26 oct 2015
Passport submitted @vfs - 27 October 2015
Passport received back - 2 nov 2015
Result : approved with multiple entry till life of passport

Nabaaf

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO(INDIA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd June 2015
AOR Received.
24th July 2015..........S.A.: 24th August 2015..........In process since: 28th August 2015
File Transfer...
31st August 2015 (AOR2)........Initial Med's Done: 20th April 2015 (upfront)
Med's Request
30th May 2016
Med's Done....
31st May 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2016(visa issued date as mentioned on passport affixed visa as 3rd June 2016)
LANDED..........
21st June 2016
Hello to everyone

Plz all the successfull applicants of trv do comment....

I got to knw from someone that in ongoing spousal pr application the inviter (spouse in canada) need to atleast have minimum 50,000$ CAD annual income....is it right????? ...even got to knw that if visa officers hv not mentioned the reason for rejection as financial and some other reason is mentioned still they process file in aspect of income of inviter incase of ongoing spousal pr application.. What is the opinion of successful applicants......

p.s--If so then the spouse of student in canada with 40 hour weekly odd job having full parental support has no chance of getting trv if annual income inside canada is not satisfied...

Hoping for some comments.....

Cheers :)

Nabaaf

harkrs123

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 January 2015
AOR Received.
23 March 2015
File Transfer...
15 April 2015
Med's Done....
November 2014
Interview........
Pending
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Even I have the same concern. Does anyone know the minimum amount to be shown in the bank account prior applying for the TRV?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Nabaaf said:
Hello to everyone

Plz all the successfull applicants of trv do comment....

I got to knw from someone that in ongoing spousal pr application the inviter (spouse in canada) need to atleast have minimum 50,000$ CAD annual income....is it right????? ...even got to knw that if visa officers hv not mentioned the reason for rejection as financial and some other reason is mentioned still they process file in aspect of income of inviter incase of ongoing spousal pr application.. What is the opinion of successful applicants......

p.s--If so then the spouse of student in canada with 40 hour weekly odd job having full parental support has no chance of getting trv if annual income inside canada is not satisfied...

Hoping for some comments.....

Cheers :)

Nabaaf
For spousal PR application, the only financial concern is whether or not the sponsor is on social assistance or not. Their financial income is not considered during the application process. When I had applied, I was unemployed for almost a year. I was still able to receive sponsor approval.

If you read the instructions on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5482Eguide.asp it says:

"If you are sponsoring a person other than:

your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
your child who has no children of his or her own,
you must prove that you have an annual income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income..."

C.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ Nabaaf,

I am not sure where you are getting the information from but as per my knowledge there is no "minimum" financial requirement when you are sponsoring your spouse. In USA, they do ask for minimum finances required in order to be eligible to sponsor your spouse for Green Card but in Canada there is no such requirement. Even if you are student, you can still apply for sponsorship for your spouse.

Cheers,
Vinod

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ Nabaaf,

Even for TRV, depending on how much duration you are claiming for your spouse stay 10K is more than enough to show as a proof of financial support for your spouse along with your proof of your job letter. That's all you need.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@npCanada,

Have you applied for your wife's sponsorship now? I mean is the PR application submitted now to CIC?

If yes, I would strongly recommend to try again. Please follow this forum very closely as there are lot of successful applicants who tried and got their TRV's for Canada after they have submitted the file for PR to CIC.

Cheers,
Vinod

August2015

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shwemir said:
We applied online from India, below is our timeline :
Application Submitted - 10 oct 2015
Passport requested - 26 oct 2015
Passport submitted @vfs - 27 October 2015
Passport received back - 2 nov 2015
Result : approved with multiple entry till life of passport
Thank you

npcanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-Dec-2016
vnarayan said:
@npCanada,

Have you applied for your wife's sponsorship now? I mean is the PR application submitted now to CIC?

If yes, I would strongly recommend to try again. Please follow this forum very closely as there are lot of successful applicants who tried and got their TRV's for Canada after they have submitted the file for PR to CIC.

Cheers,
Vinod
@vnarayan

Yes, I have already applied for wife's sponsorship and am waiting for SA to arrive. But my real concern is my wife doesn't have any travel history on her passport.

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
npcanada said:
@vnarayan

Yes, I have already applied for wife's sponsorship and am waiting for SA to arrive. But my real concern is my wife doesn't have any travel history on her passport.
My wife did not have any travel history either. But she received her TRV. I quoted my extensive travel history and mentioned that I have never overstayed in any country. Ultimately, you just have to show a strong connection to India. I think that's all it boils down to in the end.

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Hello guys.
hope you are doing great!!!
i have few questions regarding my trv application form.
1) I need to travel for 2 weeks for on my wife delivery and labor what should i choose in my purpose of visit, 1) tourism 2) Family Visit 3) other
2) What should i write where it says funds available for stay? should i include what is the ending balance as per my bank statement or what?
3) Our PR application is ready to be sent also, should i apply after our pr application or before pr application? because there is one question in visit visa form that says did u applied to enter or remain in Canada before?

waiting for your advise

thanks...

August2015

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umar441 said:
Hello guys.
hope you are doing great!!!
i have few questions regarding my trv application form.
1) I need to travel for 2 weeks for on my wife delivery and labor what should i choose in my purpose of visit, 1) tourism 2) Family Visit 3) other
2) What should i write where it says funds available for stay? should i include what is the ending balance as per my bank statement or what?
3) Our PR application is ready to be sent also, should i apply after our pr application or before pr application? because there is one question in visit visa form that says did u applied to enter or remain in Canada before?

waiting for your advise

thanks...
1. Family Visit
2. yes Include the bank statements and the amount converted to CAD as per the current exchange rate.
3. Since you haven't applied yet for your PR, you can just No to that option.

All the best!

tannygirl

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2014
AOR Received.
03/01/2015 SA................: 13/01/2015
File Transfer...
13/01/2015 AOR2.............: 01/02/2015
Med's Request
21/08/2015
Med's Done....
28/01/2014 Re-medical Done: 25/08/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/11/2015
LANDED..........
Very soon!
SamHom said:
The reason why people are being rejected is because unfortunetly most Indians are not really wealthy and can prove all the things you can prove, countries visited, cars, great careers, assets etc etc. It's great that this worked for you, but it doesn't say much. A wealthy Indian person with a good career and assets generally don't have too big issues. However, most Indians are not that fortunate and therefore they would have an extremely hard time doing what you're doing. If all Indians where in your shoes rejection rates wouldn't be as high as they are obviously. Please don't be ignorant.
Buddy, don't be a hater.
I have put up all the information that helped me get the TRV, if it doesn't apply to you, don't use it.
I went through several forums before applying and gathered all the info and applied, so I have a lot of other people to thank for helping me get the TRV.
In turn, I was just trying to pay it forward but passing on the info.
A lot of people have used the information that I have given and it has helped them to get the TRV, so please keep your negativity and hate to yourself.

I wish you all the best in your TRV &/or PR application and pray that your negativity doesn't come in the way of you getting what you want.
Be positive and good things will happen.

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Hi Guys,
Can someone please explain the procedure of getting PR after arriving in Canada on Visitor Visa. My friends are saying its not possible to get it when you come on Visitor Visa. You have to go back to India and then submit your password to Delhi Visa office. Can someone clarify this for me. Thanks in Advance