14-May-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:17-June-2015 AOR2: 23-July-2015
File Transfer...
SA & File transfer 13-July-2015. IP 9-OCT-15
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2015
SR0715 said:
I suggest all the lonely spouses in Canada to apply for TRV. I personally like Jsingh89 letters than mine haha.

Keep in mind that you DO NOT NEED to submit all the documents.....submit the ones you have and hope for the best.

Documents I submitted:

Passport (applicant)
Passport (spouse - me - just to prove that I have never overstayed in any country I have visited including ALL VISA STAMP PAGES)
Leave letter
Bank account statements (both applicant and spouse)
Employee reference letter (both applicant and spouse)
Pay stubs (both applicant and spouse)
Mortgage papers
Utility bills associated with the house in Canada
Marriage certificate
Any fixed deposits of applicant
Property documents (the applicant didnt have any but it would be extremely beneficial)
Any car loans (applicant)
Marriage+Engagement+honeymoon+reception Photos (total of 15-20 photos)

Important: Spouse and Applicants letter stating that my wife will return back to India and proving her strong connection to India.
Hey,

Did you show her flight ticket also? I am going to apply online visitor visa for my wife and thinking how can i get tickets before visa. I checked some of websites but they are not giving full refund if want to cancel the ticket. Any tips or suggestions on that?

Thanks,
Vishal

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
VishalPriya said:
Hey,

Did you show her flight ticket also? I am going to apply online visitor visa for my wife and thinking how can i get tickets before visa. I checked some of websites but they are not giving full refund if want to cancel the ticket. Any tips or suggestions on that?

Thanks,
Vishal
Some countries especially in Europe allow you to reserve flight tickets without paying for it until 2 weeks before flight. You can book a ticket 3-6 months in advanced and won't have to pay for ticket until 2 weeks before flight.

This would allow applicant to show return trip for visa applications. If visa get denied, applicant can cancel the flight reservations without any penalty.

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
VishalPriya said:
Hey,

Thanks,
Vishal
No flight tickets....i just showed them a preliminary flight itinerary that you can print from any website

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
In Process since 12-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Sent 18-Sep-2015...never received. Re-sent 17-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014; Remeds done Dec 2015
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent; waiting...
I did the same, except I got it from a travel agent. They make it look like a real itinerary that's just waiting for final payment.

VishalPriya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:17-June-2015 AOR2: 23-July-2015
File Transfer...
SA & File transfer 13-July-2015. IP 9-OCT-15
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2015
YYC787 said:
I did the same, except I got it from a travel agent. They make it look like a real itinerary that's just waiting for final payment.
I will do the same.. You are right travel agent reserved our ticket for 48 hrs without paying any money. I will ask them to give me a printout of that ticket and will put in the visa..

Thanks

mani0906

Aug 17, 2015
Just want to share that, We applied for my wife's TRV while the PR application is in progress in NDVO and we got it for 3 months. She is going to visit me in a week.
Thank you very much for creating this thread. Only after seeing this thread, we had little hope and we put together exactly as per Tannygirl's original post and it worked very well !!

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
mani0906 said:
Just want to share that, We applied for my wife's TRV while the PR application is in progress in NDVO and we got it for 3 months. She is going to visit me in a week.
Thank you very much for creating this thread. Only after seeing this thread, we had little hope and we put together exactly as per Tannygirl's original post and it worked very well !!
Congrats bud...your wife will be here for NYE then. Also, are you planning on extending her visa?

P.S: I think people stopped congratulating each other in this forum.

cookiebiskit

Oct 9, 2015
Congratulations!

I have a question. And I'm new here. Please HELP!

My husband and I were married last year. He's a PR. We've been dating since 2006. We're both Filipinos by birth. I want to apply for Tourist Visa and after which (for example granted) we're going to apply for INLAND SPONSORSHIP. They said he needed to send me an INVITATION LETTER. Does he have to state in the letter that we're planning to apply for Inland Sponsorship? Or is it a NO, NO?

Hope to hear from you guys.
Thanks!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
cookiebiskit said:
Congratulations!

I have a question. And I'm new here. Please HELP!

My husband and I were married last year. He's a PR. We've been dating since 2006. We're both Filipinos by birth. I want to apply for Tourist Visa and after which (for example granted) we're going to apply for INLAND SPONSORSHIP. They said he needed to send me an INVITATION LETTER. Does he have to state in the letter that we're planning to apply for Inland Sponsorship? Or is it a NO, NO?

Hope to hear from you guys.
Thanks!
YOU CAN TRY GETTING TRV NOW. IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO MENTION THAT YOU MAY APPLY FOR INLAND SPOUSAL IN FUTURE.

cookiebiskit

Oct 9, 2015
Thank you so much for your time.

We don't have a house or car. Or any ownership. But we have a joint account. But its not much. My husband can provide T4, Employment Letter, Bank Statements for the past 6 mos. But me I don't have that much really. Is it okay that I can pass a photocopy of my parents bank account since they're going to support me if ever I needed help. I've read a lot of threads saying you need to have ties with your home country. I have job. But I only started last June 2015.

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
cookiebiskit said:
Thank you so much for your time.

We don't have a house or car. Or any ownership. But we have a joint account. But its not much. My husband can provide T4, Employment Letter, Bank Statements for the past 6 mos. But me I don't have that much really. Is it okay that I can pass a photocopy of my parents bank account since they're going to support me if ever I needed help. I've read a lot of threads saying you need to have ties with your home country. I have job. But I only started last June 2015.
Make sure you write that in your application letter that you only started in June 2015.....but it is a genuine job and you miss you husband etc. Be as honest as possible and write a lengthy letter from both applicant and sponsor stating your reasons why you would go back to Philippines after expiry of visitor visa.

cookiebiskit

Oct 9, 2015
We're planning to apply for Inland Sponsorship but there was someone on the thread that told me not to state on the letter that you're going to apply for Inland. Only Tourist Visa.

Is there someone here who have the same situation with me? Applied for TRV, granted. Then applied for Inland Sponsorship?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
cookiebiskit said:
We're planning to apply for Inland Sponsorship but there was someone on the thread that told me not to state on the letter that you're going to apply for Inland. Only Tourist Visa.

Is there someone here who have the same situation with me? Applied for TRV, granted. Then applied for Inland Sponsorship?
I would avoid mentioning anything about inland PR sponsorship in letter for TRV. You are giving CIC reasons to deny TRV. TRV is meant to visit Canada and leave. By mentioning inland sponsorship, you are telling CIC that your spouse will NOT LEAVE Canada after spouse enters Canada.

The one of the rules of inland PR is that the applicant remain inside Canada until landing as PR. In other words, NEVER LEAVE Canada. TRV implies that you MUST LEAVE Canada at 6 month max stay. So what's the point of giving TRV if spouse cannot leave Canada once inland PR is submitted.

When applying for TRV, you have to convince CIC that you will leave Canada. By mentioning inland PR sponsorship, I think you will pretty much kill your chances.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
screech339 said:
I would avoid mentioning anything about inland PR sponsorship in letter for TRV. You are giving CIC reasons to deny TRV. TRV is meant to visit Canada and leave. By mentioning inland sponsorship, you are telling CIC that your spouse will NOT LEAVE Canada after spouse enters Canada.

The one of the rules of inland PR is that the applicant remain inside Canada until landing as PR. In other words, NEVER LEAVE Canada. TRV implies that you MUST LEAVE Canada at 6 month max stay. So what's the point of giving TRV if spouse cannot leave Canada once inland PR is submitted.

When applying for TRV, you have to convince CIC that you will leave Canada. By mentioning inland PR sponsorship, I think you will pretty much kill your chances.
Wonderfully explained.

Arvind12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-15 - INPROCESS - 07/08/2015
Med's Request
Upfront on 14-11-2014 . remed req. Dec 4
Med's Done....
Remed sent back on Dec 24
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR - 25th jan , Passport sent to Ottawa -25th jan
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5
LANDED..........
Feb 10
My wife got her Passport dispatched, She is going to pick the passport from VFS office tomorrow. Keeping my finger crossed. Applied in VFS banglore , took exactly 10 days. Not sure if she is got her visa or not..