+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor VISA Getting delayed- March 2017 Applicant

Mohan raj

Jul 19, 2016
HI All,

I have applied a visitor visa for my Spouse on march 22 and haven't got any response from them. Wondering that the Applications are getting delayed or is there something we need to check ??
Can people share there status whoever applied after March 20th ? It will be a great helpful.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Mohan raj said:
HI All,

I have applied a visitor visa for my Spouse on march 22 and haven't got any response from them. Wondering that the Applications are getting delayed or is there something we need to check ??
Can people share there status whoever applied after March 20th ? It will be a great helpful.
March 22nd? Barely 3 weeks, that is within expected processing time. If it goes above 8 weeks then you can send a case specific inquiry.

Be patient.

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
applied online on 29th, still waiting... Hopefully next or week after we will hear something...

good luck!

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for tourist visa for my family on 22nd march still waiting and yes it takes usually 33 .. 35 days for the process

Yadhvee

Apr 13, 2017
I applied for my parents visitor visa online on March 20th. Its been 25 calendar days and no updates or passport request yet. I read CIC switched from working days to calendar days for processing times.

As my parents TRV application has exceeded the normal processing time of 19 days, I submitted a case specific inquiry through IRCC web form yesterday and I received a email response with subject: ‘We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties linking your application to your MyCIC account’ and with instructions to link the application. My understanding is that online applications don’t have to be linked as the application information is already there on the mycic account. I am not sure why I received this as a response to the status inquiry.

I am beginning to get worried, as their travel tickets to US are booked for May 17, 2017. Just hope we receive the passport request soon.

My question is: If their passport request comes in late or very closer to their travel date to US, would it be possible to submit their passport to a VAC in USA even though in the application we mentioned that we will be applying from Chennai/India. How do I go about changing that information?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/comments regarding this situation.

Thank you.

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
Applied on Visitor Visa for my parents March 28 and its at Bangalore Consulate. Very unfortunate that the Travel date is Apr 17 2017 to US and we are in a situation to change the tickets .

Does April 14 and April 25 holidays considered has processing days ?

Is it safe to change the ticket to Apr 26 to US? what is the possibility of the visa processed and passport returned by Apr 25 before the travel ?

Please reply

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
faithsoul said:
Does April 14 and April 25 holidays considered has processing days ?
Days are natural days. So yes.

faithsoul said:
Is it safe to change the ticket to Apr 26 to US? what is the possibility of the visa processed and passport returned by Apr 25 before the travel ?
It can come through or not, 50-50.

Yadhvee said:
I read CIC switched from working days to calendar days for processing times.
It has always been natural days.

Yadhvee said:
As my parents TRV application has exceeded the normal processing time of 19 days, I submitted a case specific inquiry through IRCC web form yesterday and I received a email response with subject: ‘We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties linking your application to your MyCIC account’ and with instructions to link the application. My understanding is that online applications don’t have to be linked as the application information is already there on the mycic account. I am not sure why I received this as a response to the status inquiry.
TRVs can take anywhere from 1 to 9 weeks. Asking during this period would render an automated answer.

Yadhvee said:
My question is: If their passport request comes in late or very closer to their travel date to US, would it be possible to submit their passport to a VAC in USA even though in the application we mentioned that we will be applying from Chennai/India. How do I go about changing that information?
Yes, you can. Email both the embassy where you plan to send the passport in advance so they give you a thumbs up.

Yadhvee

Apr 13, 2017
Jalex23 said:
Days are natural days. So yes.

It can come through or not, 50-50.

It has always been natural days.

TRVs can take anywhere from 1 to 9 weeks. Asking during this period would render an automated answer.

Yes, you can. Email both the embassy where you plan to send the passport in advance so they give you a thumbs up.
Thank you for the clarification. I just checked the application status on mycic account and parents have received passport submission request :)

JMetso

Apr 18, 2016
Applied 23th March in Montreal, still waiting...

Mohan raj said:
HI All,

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
I applied for a Visit Visa on 27th March at Bangalore VFS to visit my daughter. My flight is on 27th April. I want to reschedule my ticket to 15th May in case my visa doesn't come before Friday. Please advise whether 15th May is OK? It will be 7 weeks by then.

I am working in a government organisation and my leave is already sanctioned. Will they consider and grant me Visa before 27th April?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
vpramod said:
I applied for a Visit Visa on 27th March at Bangalore VFS to visit my daughter. My flight is on 27th April. I want to reschedule my ticket to 15th May in case my visa doesn't come before Friday. Please advise whether 15th May is OK? It will be 7 weeks by then.

I am working in a government organisation and my leave is already sanctioned. Will they consider and grant me Visa before 27th April?
It's impossible to predict/guess when a TRV will be issued, whether or not a TRV will be issued, etc. It's not a good idea to book tickets in advance without getting visas.

Also, as you are working in a government organization, it is possible that IRCC is doing background checks which could take several weeks/months. There's no way to confirm this.

If possible, cancel your ticket and book only after you get a TRV

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
abashi said:
May be still longweekend hungout. My sister still waiting for visa :p :p :p
Your sister's application has not even crossed the estimated processing time. Hope you're not expecting a miracle i.e. visa issued with a few days of applying.

Visa processing has several internal processing stages. Every application is unique and will take its time to run its course