14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017
vpramod said:
Hi, today I received my visa. Thank you
do u get any mail for approval ?

Mohan raj

Jul 19, 2016
I have applied TRV online and its been a month, Until that i never received any email from CIC. Today i got an email sating "there is no update on your application since you checked the account Lastly". Wondering how long the process will take to get finalized ? Is there anything we can do ? CAn i apply for SOWP while i have this application in progress ? Can anyone advice ? I need my Spouse here by July 1st week.
You're suggestion are welcome !!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mohan raj said:
I have applied TRV online and its been a month, Until that i never received any email from CIC. Today i got an email sating "there is no update on your application since you checked the account Lastly".
Did you send a Case Specific Enquiry before your application crossed the estimated processing time? If yes, then the email you received from IRCC is a standard response to the CSE.

CAn i apply for SOWP while i have this application in progress ? Can anyone advice ? I need my Spouse here by July 1st week.
No, you cannot apply for a SOWP while this TRV application is in progress. You will have to withdraw your current application first, and this could take a few weeks (if the visa office allows you to withdraw your application)

Mohan raj

Jul 19, 2016
So do you think i should wait until i get a final decision on my application ?
Can i start processing my PR (province nominated) while TRV in progress ? Will that affect in any way to my application ?

Vikbti

Apr 30, 2017
Hello ,
My parent applied for visitor visa on February 17 ,2017 In Chandigarh visa office by paper application still showing in processing. My parents already visited me in Canada in 2013 . I don't what is going on? Please help me what should they do ??Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Vikbti said:
Hello ,
My parent applied for visitor visa on February 17 ,2017 In Chandigarh visa office by paper application still showing in processing. My parents already visited me in Canada in 2013 . I don't what is going on? Please help me what should they do ??Thanks
It's taking quite long for your parents' applications. Do your parents work in the defense services/police/judiciary?

Hope you have sent a Case Specific Enquiry requesting to expedite the decisions

Vivekarajgk

May 3, 2017
I had applied for Visitor visa (Business visa) on 27th march 2017 at VFS bangalore and it is more than a month now.
No clue on when i will get my VISA.
No chance to check the status of the VISA too.
I had submitted my Passport to VFS when i applied. I dont have any clue as of now where it is stuck or what details are required.
in VFS Portal, it is displaying as being processed in Canada Visa office Bangalore.
I am first time traveller.
When can i expect my Passport with VISA Stamped?

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vivekarajgk said:
I had applied for Visitor visa (Business visa) on 27th march 2017 at VFS bangalore and it is more than a month now.
I had submitted my Passport to VFS when i applied. I dont have any clue as of now where it is stuck or what details are required.
in VFS Portal, it is displaying as being processed in Canada Visa office Bangalore.
I applied on 23 march online from karachi, Pakistanand send CSE , today i got reply saying its getting delay because of background check
I am not able to attach screen shot of email

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anwers said:
I applied on 23 march online from karachi, Pakistanand send CSE , today i got reply saying its getting delay because of background check
I am not able to attach screen shot of email
Got this message

All applications for temporary/permanent residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary/permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations.

Our website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp, notes the processing times for the different categories of applications and for residents and nationals of certain countries.

Sincerely,

Immigration section | RA

Canadian Embassy | United Arab Emirates

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Vivekarajgk said:
Hi Vivek,

Here are a few things which you can do:
1. You can try to link your paper application to your online MyCIC account for more updates.

The link is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

2. Do send a Case Specific Enquiry to the visa office asking if they need any additional information to make a decision.

The link is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

3. Do you need your passport in the meanwhile for any other travel/reason?

BTW processing times are taking longer due to heavy volume of applications received by IRCC

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anwers said:
All applications for temporary/permanent residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary/permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations.
At least we now know why your application is taking much longer.

You'll just have to wait until they finish the background checks (it most probably would be criminal and security checks). My guess is this would take a few weeks (do check forum member: Nousherwan's timeline for background checks from Pakistan)