Visitor VISA Getting delayed- March 2017 Applicant

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
At least we now know why your application is taking much longer.

You'll just have to wait until they finish the background checks (it most probably would be criminal and security checks). My guess is this would take a few weeks (do check forum member: Nousherwan's timeline for background checks from Pakistan)
Thanks alot for your input Bryanna

Yes i was following his thread as his case was delayed for 72 days i guess

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
We applied April 6th online. My boyfriend lives in HP India. Still nothing, no answers, It is horrible waiting. I sent in additional proof of our relationship iE Facebook chats, pictures etc.
Has anyone applied around April 6 that has received their passport request.

Vivekarajgk

May 3, 2017
Bryanna said:
Here are a few things which you can do:
1. You can try to link your paper application to your online MyCIC account for more updates.

2. Do send a Case Specific Enquiry to the visa office asking if they need any additional information to make a decision.

3. Do you need your passport in the meanwhile for any other travel/reason?

BTW processing times are taking longer due to heavy volume of applications received by IRCC

Cheers
Thanks a lot.

i am not able to login to link my paper application because it asks for
*Sign in Partner (SecureKey Concierge), which uses your online banking information or
*GCKey, the Government of Canada credential.
Both are not present with me.

I have requested case specific Enquiry (Since it is more than a month time) - and attached the invitation letter from client side.

Thank you once again for your reply.

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vivekarajgk said:
Thanks a lot.

i am not able to login to link my paper application because it asks for
*Sign in Partner (SecureKey Concierge), which uses your online banking information or
*GCKey, the Government of Canada credential.
Both are not present with me.

I have requested case specific Enquiry (Since it is more than a month time) - and attached the invitation letter from client side.

Thank you once again for your reply.
Make GCkey using your email and then link it

Vivekarajgk

May 3, 2017
Anwers said:
Make GCkey using your email and then link it
I Created online account using GCKey. but i am not able to link my paper application to this account - as i am not able to find it out. raised a query for that one.

Thank you. Thanks for your response & Time.

schrodinger78

May 16, 2017
Still waiting... Applied on March 27th :-(
For Visitor Visa(Business visa)
My parents applied from India (to new delhi consulate) on March 26th. Still no update. They are already here in the US. I am hoping the passport can be sent to a local center for stamping. No way to find any info online.

Any ideas what to do on expediting the visa application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Still waiting... Applied on March 27th :-(
For Visitor Visa(Business visa)
and

My parents applied from India (to new delhi consulate) on March 26th. Still no update. They are already here in the US. I am hoping the passport can be sent to a local center for stamping. No way to find any info online.

Any ideas what to do on expediting the visa application?
As processing time has crossed the estimated time stated on the IRCC website, you can send Case Specific Enquiries to the relevant visa office requesting for expedited decisions.

[COLOR=#000000]@schrodinger78[/COLOR]
Yes, your parents can mails/submit their passports to the NY/LA VACs (nearest one) if they get passport requests when they are in the US.

More information is here:
https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Hello everyone....
I applied visitor visa for my parents on 26 march 2017 online.
Today i got email from new delhi office about their interview on 24 May .
Its really shocking for me ..

Now i am really worried about interview.
Why they call for interview?
I submitted really easy application. Everything point to point .

schrodinger78

May 16, 2017
and

As processing time has crossed the estimated time stated on the IRCC website, you can send Case Specific Enquiries to the relevant visa office requesting for expedited decisions.

Yes, your parents can mails/submit their passports to the NY/LA VACs (nearest one) if they get passport requests when they are in the US.

Thanks a lot! I have sent case specific inquiries via email to the Delhi consulate couple of times but no response. Hoping it gets approved soon.

schrodinger78

May 16, 2017
and

Hi Bryanna, I just got confirmation letter for passport request! SO the visa is approved. But when I look at the passport submission guidelines via this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit
It says:

In your application form, if you have answered:
  1. Yes to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
  2. No to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
Which would mean we would have to send the passport to Delhi since the application was done from India (country of residence).

Any thoughts?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, I just got confirmation letter for passport request! SO the visa is approved. But when I look at the passport submission guidelines via this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit
It says:

In your application form, if you have answered:
  1. Yes to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
  2. No to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
Which would mean we would have to send the passport to Delhi since the application was done from India (country of residence).

Any thoughts?
Where are you presently?