+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from London Office

Fakhir01

Apr 11, 2023
i used GC key and eligibility still not started and I applied just 3 days after you. New portal I think does eligibility quickly but tbh London office is very slow. I don’t know what’s going on.
Can you share that when did you apply?
Did you get any update by now?

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
The excuse of the backlogs seems overused at this point, I don’t think they are the only country that had backlogs due to Covid, or they are the only country dealing with the emergencies around the world, Poland, Sweden, Germany and even the uk seems to be dealing with as much, Canada is not a small country either, it has been established that Canada can take up to 40x uk, hence the different immigration pathways, the problem is either the fact that are using a system that seem too be very slow and non effective or just unwilling to employ people to do the job, how can you spend over a YEAR looking at an application, absolutely insane

even when you have very good travel history, the ineffective system will still come and bite you
I had to withdraw my application some days back, because the reason I was meant go( my sister’s birth of her new baby) I missed it.
Have you received a PPR now?

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
UPDATE

Applied 17 Nov 2023
Biometric done 20th Nov 2023
Eligibility completed 24th Nov 2023
PPR 2nd January 2024
Passport submitted 3rd January 2023
Passport received 10th January 2023

TRV application (London)
Hi, Where do you submit biometrics ? also, if applying from Manchester, where to go for biometrics ? is there any facility to submit biometrics in Manchester? Thanks

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Visitor visa
Applied 3rd Jan 24
Biometric 12 th Jan via London
Background in progress
Eligibility no started
What the point of doing background if u may not be eligible, just don’t make sense.
No update since even the biometric hasn’t move. Online details last updated on the 15th Jan
Canada need to have a system for people that are going for tourism only. We have flights and hotel booked for end of May . Think we are going to loss them booking . people should get refund if it taking so long
Hi, Where do you submit biometrics ? also, if applying from Manchester, where to go for biometrics ? is there any facility to submit biometrics in Manchester? Thanks

Meena1983

Mar 13, 2024
if u look on the Canada website for biometric it will let u check the list of where to go and the nearest one to u

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
I applied for a visitor Visa at the London, UK office in October when the processing time was 70 days but it has gone back to 300 days now. Has anyone gotten a decision from the London office about Visitor Visa? Also, the CUET program should now be done so would they prioritise Visitors as Well?
Hi Kumza,
Can I ask you something please, I applied visit visa online from IRCC portal while I was in London last week. Does that mean the visit visa application is looked by London visa office?
Because I need to update some changes to my application using a web form and I need to select the visa office where it's being processed. Will it be London office or different?

Thanks in advance for your reply

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Hi Kumza,
Can I ask you something please, I applied visit visa online from IRCC portal while I was in London last week. Does that mean the visit visa application is looked by London visa office?
Because I need to update some changes to my application using a web form and I need to select the visa office where it's being processed. Will it be London office or different?

Thanks in advance for your reply
Are you currently in UK. You have mentioned your current residence as a UK ? IF answer is YES then your file will be in UK.

Amzo

Apr 11, 2024
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I got an original passport request from the London office saying that a decision has been made on my application. Does this mean my visa was approved or can they still refuse my application?

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I got an original passport request from the London office saying that a decision has been made on my application. Does this mean my visa was approved or can they still refuse my application?

Its approved. Congratulations. Can I ask you a question please? When did you apply and from where?
please share your journey timestamps please. Thanks Heaps.

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
Hello everyone,

Currently I am in India on visit. However, I am resident of UK and mentioned same in the visit visa application. I applied on 4th April while in London. So based on your answer it should be London only. Please confirm once again. I did my biometrics today in India. I hope this does not change the visa office by any means.

Thanks heaps again for your reply. :) :)

Meena1983

Mar 13, 2024
Visitor visa
Applied 3rd Jan 24
Biometric 12 th Jan via London
Background in progress
Eligibility no started
What the point of doing background if u may not be eligible, just don’t make sense.
No update since even the biometric hasn’t move. Online details last updated on the 15th Jan. it taken 3 months for the biometric to be completed.

Canada need to have a system for people that are going for tourism only. We have flights and hotel booked for end of May . Think we are going to loss them booking . people should get refund if it taking so long
Update biometric was finally completed today with the date 13th April 2024.

It’s amazing how the same process can take India less the 21 days but 300 days for the same in the uk.
It would be Interesting to know how many applicants per day in India compared to UK.

Meena1983

Mar 13, 2024
Currently I am in India on visit. However, I am resident of UK and mentioned same in the visit visa application. I applied on 4th April while in London. So based on your answer it should be London only. Please confirm once again. I did my biometrics today in India. I hope this does not change the visa office by any means.

Thanks heaps again for your reply. :) :)
Did u apply via India or London

Amzo

Apr 11, 2024
Its approved. Congratulations. Can I ask you a question please? When did you apply and from where?
please share your journey timestamps please. Thanks Heaps.
Application submitted: 31 March, 2024
Biometrics: 1 April, 2024 (Updated from Previous application in 2023 that I cancelled)
Background check: Processing
Eligibility: Not started
PPR: 11 April, 2024

I have a valid US visa so I guess it’s CAN+

Last edited: