+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from London Office

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
I used the new portal and I have been waiting since October 13th, even though my application falls under can+
I just think something is wrong with the London uk office, because honestly I don’t understand

my eligibility was completed since October 23rd
i used GC key and eligibility still not started and I applied just 3 days after you. New portal I think does eligibility quickly but tbh London office is very slow. I don’t know what’s going on.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
I used gc key and yep i applied from uk and currently staying in UK
That explains it. I also applied using GC key and eligibility not started. Most GC KEY haven’t had their eligibility started in London. Those who had applied via portal have at least the eligibility step done.

Last edited:

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Oh wow that’s terrible. If I may ask did your cousin get an invitation letter from a relative of friend or is it just tourist. And have they been to Canadian before? Like what made their application different? Or are they just responding. And was their background processing done? My biometrics is completed or background check is still processing.
All of us having invitation letters including my cousin.

We 3 guys falling under CAN+ and still waiting.( Consistent travel history )

Cousin got approval in 15 days that too in general category ( GC KEY) , no travel history.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I used the new portal and I have been waiting since October 13th, even though my application falls under can+
I just think something is wrong with the London uk office, because honestly I don’t understand

my eligibility was completed since October 23rd
Atleast your eligibility got completed ans we are waiting since September.

Same status not started yet.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
All of us having invitation letters including my cousin.

We 3 guys falling under CAN+ and still waiting.( Consistent travel history )

Cousin got approval in 15 days that too in general category ( GC KEY) , no travel history.
I give up this is just too confusing and no formula. I thought your cousin that got approval applied via portal but you said she used GC KEY. My eligibility is still not started. There’s something definitely wrong with London office tbh. No structure at all. It should be first come first serve like all other embassies to be a fair system.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I give up this is just too confusing and no formula. I thought your cousin that got approval applied via portal but you said she used GC KEY. My eligibility is still not started. There’s something definitely wrong with London office tbh. No structure at all. It should be first come first serve like all other embassies to be a fair system.
They are still living in covid situation. Everhtime giving same excuses that work load is there due to covid still countinue. Covid hits only in Canada rest of the world is safe now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They are still living in covid situation. Everhtime giving same excuses that work load is there due to covid still countinue. Covid hits only in Canada rest of the world is safe now.
There is a backlog that increased due to Covid but in general the system is very overwhelmed between many emergencies around the world requiring emergency visas/permits, large volume of asylum claimants, large number of international students, large number of people applying to visit Canada, spousal sponsorships, etc. Canada is a small country but with a very large number of immigration applications. The system also needs updating which seems to be underway but slowly. The other big issue is that many people do apply for things like TRV or other temporary permits with other intentions like applying for asylum or trying move to Canada to work. Others submit fraudulent documentation so there needs to be more scrutiny when it comes to applications because it is difficult and expensive to deport someone from Canada. The US processing visitor visas faster but also can deport people much more easily and doesn’t provide the same services or chances to people trying to remain in the US. There has been loosening of processing requirements to try and tackle the backlogs but that has resulted in skyrocketing asylum claims and people living in the street due to a shortage of shelters and many visitor coming to search for work when people with the ability to work in Canada are struggling to secure a job.

Reactions: seunoni34

Naomi58

Nov 22, 2023
The excuse of the backlogs seems overused at this point, I don’t think they are the only country that had backlogs due to Covid, or they are the only country dealing with the emergencies around the world, Poland, Sweden, Germany and even the uk seems to be dealing with as much, Canada is not a small country either, it has been established that Canada can take up to 40x uk, hence the different immigration pathways, the problem is either the fact that are using a system that seem too be very slow and non effective or just unwilling to employ people to do the job, how can you spend over a YEAR looking at an application, absolutely insane

even when you have very good travel history, the ineffective system will still come and bite you
I had to withdraw my application some days back, because the reason I was meant go( my sister’s birth of her new baby) I missed it.

Reactions: Kumza

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
The excuse of the backlogs seems overused at this point, I don’t think they are the only country that had backlogs due to Covid, or they are the only country dealing with the emergencies around the world, Poland, Sweden, Germany and even the uk seems to be dealing with as much, Canada is not a small country either, it has been established that Canada can take up to 40x uk, hence the different immigration pathways, the problem is either the fact that are using a system that seem too be very slow and non effective or just unwilling to employ people to do the job, how can you spend over a YEAR looking at an application, absolutely insane

even when you have very good travel history, the ineffective system will still come and bite you
I had to withdraw my application some days back, because the reason I was meant go( my sister’s birth of her new baby) I missed it.
Omg I’m so sorry to hear that. Did they refund you your money and how long did it take for you to withdraw your application? I’m thinking of doing the same because it makes no sense. Some have been waiting in UK since February for visitor visa. Last year my colleagues applied for a conference and got PPR a year after the conference ended so they didn’t collect their visa even.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
There is a backlog that increased due to Covid but in general the system is very overwhelmed between many emergencies around the world requiring emergency visas/permits, large volume of asylum claimants, large number of international students, large number of people applying to visit Canada, spousal sponsorships, etc. Canada is a small country but with a very large number of immigration applications. The system also needs updating which seems to be underway but slowly. The other big issue is that many people do apply for things like TRV or other temporary permits with other intentions like applying for asylum or trying move to Canada to work. Others submit fraudulent documentation so there needs to be more scrutiny when it comes to applications because it is difficult and expensive to deport someone from Canada. The US processing visitor visas faster but also can deport people much more easily and doesn’t provide the same services or chances to people trying to remain in the US. There has been loosening of processing requirements to try and tackle the backlogs but that has resulted in skyrocketing asylum claims and people living in the street due to a shortage of shelters and many visitor coming to search for work when people with the ability to work in Canada are struggling to secure a job.
But that’s the government’s fault. Allowing visitors to switch to work permits just complicates things. Why not have visitors visiting and anyone who wants to work applies for a work visa outside of the country. It seems they are intentionally creating problems for themselves in search of cheap labour because I’ve never heard of anywhere where visitors can switch to work permits.

Bicap

Jun 27, 2019
UPDATE

Applied 17 Nov 2023
Biometric done 20th Nov 2023
Eligibility completed 24th Nov 2023
PPR 2nd January 2024
Passport submitted 3rd January 2023
Passport received 10th January 2023

TRV application (London)

Dan_KZ

Feb 7, 2024
UPDATE

Applied 17 Nov 2023
Biometric done 20th Nov 2023
Eligibility completed 24th Nov 2023
PPR 2nd January 2024
Passport submitted 3rd January 2023
Passport received 10th January 2023

TRV application (London)
That is cool. So you received decision on 2nd January when applied from London office on November 17? I just want to know whether there is chance to get it processed neartime as I submitted application on January 20 and processing time is like 9-12 months. I need to visit Canada in June and anything later is irrelevant to me.

Meena1983

Mar 13, 2024
Visitor visa
Applied 3rd Jan 24
Biometric 12 th Jan via London
Background in progress
Eligibility no started
What the point of doing background if u may not be eligible, just don’t make sense.
No update since even the biometric hasn’t move. Online details last updated on the 15th Jan
Canada need to have a system for people that are going for tourism only. We have flights and hotel booked for end of May . Think we are going to loss them booking . people should get refund if it taking so long

Last edited:

Meena1983

Mar 13, 2024
Visitor visa
Applied 3rd Jan 24
Biometric 12 th Jan via London
Background in progress
Eligibility no started
What the point of doing background if u may not be eligible, just don’t make sense.
No update since even the biometric hasn’t move. Online details last updated on the 15th Jan
Canada need to have a system for people that are going for tourism only. We have flights and hotel booked for end of May . Think we are going to loss them booking . people should get refund if it taking so long
Then fill out the forms online they tell you to and u never get a response. You solution is to employ more people to help on backlogs