+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from London Office

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
I applied for a visitor Visa at the London, UK office in October when the processing time was 70 days but it has gone back to 300 days now. Has anyone gotten a decision from the London office about Visitor Visa? Also, the CUET program should now be done so would they prioritise Visitors as Well?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Yesterday it went 535 days. Congratulations to all of us for Christmas gift.

We are ( 3 people ) waiting since September.
My cousin got approval within 15 days and he applied in the November month.

All are inside UK case.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
Oh wow that’s terrible. If I may ask did your cousin get an invitation letter from a relative of friend or is it just tourist. And have they been to Canadian before? Like what made their application different? Or are they just responding. And was their background processing done? My biometrics is completed or background check is still processing.

Naomi58

Nov 22, 2023

All are inside UK case.
It could be that the primary processing office for your sister’s case was not London

I and my sister also applied in the uK, she applied October 3 and got ppr October 25th, she has never been to the US either

I applied October 13th, eligibility completed October 23rd, no ppr yet, even though I have an active USA visa

• Sad
Reactions: marmik1617

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
It could be that the primary processing office for your sister’s case was not London

I and my sister also applied in the uK, she applied October 3 and got ppr October 25th, she has never been to the US either

I applied October 13th, eligibility completed October 23rd, no ppr yet, even though I have an active USA visa
If I may ask did you and your sister get invitation letters from a relative of friend or is it just tourist. And you been to Canadian before? And was your background processing done? My biometrics is completed or background check is still processing. And did you do biometrics immediately you got the BIL?

Naomi58

Nov 22, 2023
If I may ask did you and your sister get invitation letters from a relative of friend or is it just tourist. And you been to Canadian before? And was your background processing done? My biometrics is completed or background check is still processing. And did you do biometrics immediately you got the BIL?
We both used invitation letters from a family member in Canada, we have never been to Canada, I did my biometrics almost immediately, October 18th, my biometrics was updated October 19th

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
We both used invitation letters from a family member in Canada, we have never been to Canada, I did my biometrics almost immediately, October 18th, my biometrics was updated October 19th
I think those going for family visits get a quicker approval rate. I got invitation from a friend. That explains it.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
Then no one knows their formula. It’s strange tbh. I don’t know how they decide tbh.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023

All are inside UK case.
Oh wow. If I may ask did your cousin get an invitation letter from a relative of friend or is it just tourist. And have they been to Canadian before? Like what made their application different? Or are they just responding. And was their background processing done? My biometrics is completed or background check is still processing.

Fakhir01

Apr 11, 2023
2nd time visit visa application
Applied on 25 February, 2023
Bio done from 1 application from Pakistan
Background verification in progress
Eligibility not started yet
Updated new passport in file.

Invitation was from sister who is PR in Canada.

Sent numerous webforms, everytime they say it's under process or review. Don't know why is that happening?

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
2nd time visit visa application
Applied on 25 February, 2023
Bio done from 1 application from Pakistan
Background verification in progress
Eligibility not started yet
Updated new passport in file.

Invitation was from sister who is PR in Canada.

Sent numerous webforms, everytime they say it's under process or review. Don't know why is that happening?

Did you use the portal or GC key? It seems the new portal is quicker. And are you applying from UK?

Last edited:

Naomi58

Nov 22, 2023
Did you use the portal or GC key? It seems the new portal is quicker. And are you applying from UK?
I used the new portal and I have been waiting since October 13th, even though my application falls under can+
I just think something is wrong with the London uk office, because honestly I don’t understand

my eligibility was completed since October 23rd