+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from inside Canada)

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
I applied for myself on 02 June, no biometric letter and no update yet.

But

Spouse's Application:
Applied on June 02
Biometric letter 21 July
Just received Passport Request

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Good afternoon Everyone,
I am asking for this information on behalf of a friend.
He arrived Canada in early March 2020 on a Visiting visa and was unable to leave due to COVID-19 restrictions ( closure of border here in Canada and his country )
He wrote several letters to IRCC as regards his intentions to leave but got no response.
However, last week, he was able to reschedule his return flight for mid of September.
He would like to know if it is necessary to apply for visitor record extension to avoid being penalised for overstaying in subsequent visitors visa application?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Good afternoon Everyone,
I am asking for this information on behalf of a friend.
He arrived Canada in early March 2020 on a Visiting visa and was unable to leave due to COVID-19 restrictions ( closure of border here in Canada and his country )
He wrote several letters to IRCC as regards his intentions to leave but got no response.
However, last week, he was able to reschedule his return flight for mid of September.
He would like to know if it is necessary to apply for visitor record extension to avoid being penalised for overstaying in subsequent visitors visa application?
He must always keep valid status
He requests to extend his status , writing a “ letter “, doesn’t extend status

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
I am in the same situation as you and now the IRCC processing has even increased to 101 days. Nonetheless I can suggest you an option which I am also thinking about opting for. If possible try to either delay your trip by a bit or extend your stay there, and get your visa stamped at the Visa office in the country you are planning to travel to. Delaying the trip or extending your stay would allow you enough time within which your approval and passport request will arrive from the Ottawa office and then you can contact a local visa office/consulate regarding the stamping of the visa.
Just a suggestion, rest’s up to you.
After applying in India, can we change the visa office. I am in same situation as my father is planning to apply but has travel plan to USA.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Update:

I send my passport September 2nd, September 4th it was in Ottawa.

It was sent me back today, September 11th. Visa approved :D

I wish you all receive your documents ASAP!

Last edited:
Reactions: mumay fort