+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from inside Canada)

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone!

Did anyone apply for a visitor visa (from inside Canada) in April or May and get it approved?

Thank you.

Iaf71

May 28, 2020
May 7 and still waiting.
Well currently the processing time on the IRCC website is 47 days, so if you want you can contact IRCC and tell them that it’s been longer than the time stated on the website. Did you try to do that?

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I applied TRV (inside canada) on May 03 but still no response. Please update if any of you get any reply.

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
I applied on april 29 amd still no response yet. I submitted two enquiry web forms and got the response that due to critical number of employees they are not following the time mention on the website. I also submitted my confirm travel reservation ticket as well, but still no positive response.

I am on an open work permit and have to travel at the end of August and have to return in September.

Does anyone know is there any way to expedite this process urgently?

Thank you in advance.

Iaf71

May 28, 2020
I applied on april 29 amd still no response yet. I submitted two enquiry web forms and got the response that due to critical number of employees they are not following the time mention on the website. I also submitted my confirm travel reservation ticket as well, but still no positive response.

I am on an open work permit and have to travel at the end of August and have to return in September.

Does anyone know is there any way to expedite this process urgently?

Thank you in advance.
I am in the same situation as you and now the IRCC processing has even increased to 101 days. Nonetheless I can suggest you an option which I am also thinking about opting for. If possible try to either delay your trip by a bit or extend your stay there, and get your visa stamped at the Visa office in the country you are planning to travel to. Delaying the trip or extending your stay would allow you enough time within which your approval and passport request will arrive from the Ottawa office and then you can contact a local visa office/consulate regarding the stamping of the visa.
Just a suggestion, rest’s up to you.

Reactions: ValeriaS