+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from inside Canada)

savaiz

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Please can anyone help by telling how to speed up the processing of my TRV after extension in study permit. I applied 104 days before. Urgent guidance is requested. Desperate to go home

Iaf71

May 28, 2020
Please can anyone help by telling how to speed up the processing of my TRV after extension in study permit. I applied 104 days before. Urgent guidance is requested. Desperate to go home
Unfortunately there’s no way.
Although there’s maybe one other thing I can suggest, that you can go home and once your approval and passport request arrives, you can just get the visa stamped at a visa office back in your home country. I was about to follow the same path but when I talked to an immigration consultant back in India, he advised me against it because all visa offices have been shut down over there and it would take me more than 4-5 months to get the visa stamped.
You can try this route but it all really depends on the situation of your home country, whether visa offices are open or not.

savaiz

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Although there’s maybe one other thing I can suggest, that you can go home and once your approval and passport request arrives, you can just get the visa stamped at a visa office back in your home country. I was about to follow the same path but when I talked to an immigration consultant back in India, he advised me against it because all visa offices have been shut down over there and it would take me more than 4-5 months to get the visa stamped.
You can try this route but it all really depends on the situation of your home country, whether visa offices are open or not.
Thank you for your detail reply. I hope and pray that things work out smoothly

savaiz

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Are you also still waiting for the passport request letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would be prepared in case you get stuck at home when you get your TRV. Unfortunately some thought they were going home temporarily and have been stuck for months.