+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hello @dsinghd ,

I have a question for you. When CIC asked you for the flight itinerary did they mention anything about the visa validity? I mean did u book your return flight for 4/4/2021 and showed that on the travel itinerary based on which the visa was issued?
Wondering if it is safe to book a return flight for a random date and submit it to CIC? I got the PHAC approval letter today and it says the validity as 1 month.

Thanks in Advance!
Nope we don't decide the visa expiry date ,they do. I didn't send return ticket details. Just the departure from India. I don't know how they decide the visa expiration but all of us received almost same duration which is 70 to 90 days.

Reactions: canada810

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi everyone to all who get approvals . Can they please confirm what is the popular timings after submitting travel itinerary how many days they got. Once they got approval letters whatbwas common time morning or evening according to canada. Just little worried keep on checking status.
Buddy, just wait for their email. No need to keep an eye all day. Turnaround time is around 7 days. Popular timings haha sounds funny. Email usually drops in the morning.

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Nope we don't decide the visa expiry date ,they do. I didn't send return ticket details. Just the departure from India. I don't know how they decide the visa expiration but all of us received almost same duration which is 70 to 90 days.
Thanks @dsinghd for the info!

At the time of sending CIC the itinerary did you share the exact flight details (Flight Number ,date, lay overs etc.) or just the date with transit information? I read in one of the earlier posts in this forum that CIC would mention the details about the flight in the visa letter which is issued?

I am just wondering whether I should book a flight right way when CIC asks for Itinerary or should wait for the visa approval and then book the flight.

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
All the people on this group please help me out.... After reading the whole documentation on process of Compassionate entry , I am confused whether we need to create a GC KEY and apply for a visitor visa . It looks like we only need to follow two steps

1) Apply for PHAC approvals
2) Mail IRCC team with itinerary and they issue a single entry TRV.

Please correct if this looks correct.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Thanks @dsinghd for the info!

At the time of sending CIC the itinerary did you share the exact flight details (Flight Number ,date, lay overs etc.) or just the date with transit information? I read in one of the earlier posts in this forum that CIC would mention the details about the flight in the visa letter which is issued?

I am just wondering whether I should book a flight right way when CIC asks for Itinerary or should wait for the visa approval and then book the flight.
Looks like you haven't recieved the itinerary request yet. Because in the request letter they make it very clear what they need from us. Regarding ticket i think it has been answered multiple times in this thread. Guys you all need to understand that if they have requested detailed itinerary that means visa has already been approved otherwise they won't ask for it. So why to hesitate when booking tickets. Go for it. Worst case scenarioIf something goes wrong we can always get a credit from airlines towards future travel . So no issues there.
Plus Air Canada is offering one time change flight free of cost. Got covered there as well.

Last edited:

YYZexplorer

Oct 28, 2020
P.S.: I went through each page of this whole thread and I am clear about the process, just not clear about how to manage the dates.

Hi @Ajayparamesh, @sb0821, @dsinghd, since you guys have managed to obtain visa through this process, I specifically wanted a suggestion from you regarding my scenario below:

Situation: We are expecting a baby around mid March2021. We wanted our parents to come around that time and stay for around 3 months or so.

• we have obtained PHAC approval, that is valid till 8Jun2021 & shared that to IRCC Exemption email
  • we have received a request from IRCC to share itinerary (Deadline 11Feb2021)

My question is:

Consider the scenarios below:
Departure from IndiaSend itinerary to IRCC onEstimated date of approvalVisa valid till (90 days from approved date)
10-Feb-2021​
13-Jan-2021​
15-Jan-2021​
15-Apr-2021​
10-Feb-2021​
6-Feb-2021​
8-Feb-2021​
8-May-2021​

Is my understanding about the above scenario correct?

If yes, this is far less than the days we were hoping for.

Are you aware of a possibility of extension once they arrive here in Canada so that we can get an extension till June?
Visitor Visa extension says 198 days processing time by when the PHAC will clearly expire.

Please let me know.

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Thanks to everyone for so much help through this process!

I applied for PHAC Jan 7
Got my PHAC approval Jan 8

I'm wondering if most of you who received the itinerary request received it automatically; vs did you send an email to IRCC with the PHAC approval? It seems like most people received it automatically.

Would love some input. Thanks again!
Hi @shasann90
Have you received the email from IRCC asking for the travel itinerary or did you send an email to IRCC?

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Applied for TRV for my wife from India on 15 Nov 2020 with COVID-19 option. IRCC already has biometrics due to rejected TRV from 2019, so biometrics were instantly updated. No update since.
Hi I am planning to apply for my in-laws. May I know whats the COVID-19 option?

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
I received TRV approval for my parents Single entry visa 90 days through PHAC, thank you to all the people in forum for bringing out this process and sharing your experiences.

Applied for PHAC: January 4th
PHAC approval: January 5th
Itinerary request: January 7th
Itinerary sent: January 9th
Approved TRV: January 13th.

Reactions: Johnparker

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
I received TRV approval for my parents Single entry visa 90 days through PHAC, thank you to all the people in forum for bringing out this process and sharing your experiences.

Applied for PHAC: January 4th
PHAC approval: January 5th
Itinerary request: January 7th
Itinerary sent: January 9th
Approved TRV: January 13th.
Congrats @DK84 .Can you share the visa validity duration i.e. if the 90 days visa duration is applicable from date of landing in Canada or from your Approved TRV visa date (Jan-13th)?Did you book a return ticket after exact 90 days from date of landing to Canada?

Thanks in Advance!

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Congrats @DK84 .Can you share the visa validity duration i.e. if the 90 days visa duration is applicable from date of landing in Canada or from your Approved TRV visa date (Jan-13th)?Did you book a return ticket after exact 90 days from date of landing to Canada?

Thanks in Advance!
Thank you @canada810

I think TRV clearly states about validity of visa, the day they issue visa is first day and you count 90 days from there, NOT the day you land in Canada. I had booked Itinerary for 6 months but they approved for 90 days so now will have to change it. I think as people mentioned in forum that once they ask for itinerary means very much likely your visa is confirmed, So they just need to know flight number details that they can mention in Visa letter.

Virk786

Dec 21, 2020
Hi there!! We applied online for my brother's visitor visa on 7 Dec,2020 to attend funeral ceremony on 30 Dec,2020 and they refused it on 22 DEC,2020. Then again we reapplied on 24 Dec,2020 with new funeral ceremony date 13 Jan, 2021 and detailed Sponsorship letter.

We received Correspondence Letter on 6 Jan,2021 and review eligibility started on same date. But until now no update after that. Today funeral ceremony also done.

So can anyone explain delay in decision after eligibility review started is good sign or bad??

Thank you!!....

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hi All,

Has anyone faced any issue recently with regard to boarding the Air Canada flight from India to Canada under the visitor visa status using PHAC?I heard that Air India is the only flight which is flying without any issues.

Reactions: Guri079

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
My in-laws flew earlier this week (PHAC) via Air Canada. They didn't have any issues. PM me if you have any questions.

Hi All,

Has anyone faced any issue recently with regard to boarding the Air Canada flight from India to Canada under the visitor visa status using PHAC?I heard that Air India is the only flight which is flying without any issues.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi All,

I haven't heard anything like that. People are facing no issues whatsoever in terms of airlines. Only thing to keep in mind is to get your test done by ICMR approved lab . Delhi Airport officials giving hard time to people who have a hand filled report and they specifically asking people to show proof that test is conducted by ICMR approved lab along with proper printed report.
Air Canada and Air India are your safest bet. Not only they offer direct flights, plus they are part of some kind of agreement called air bubble which was introduced due to COVID.

Last edited: