+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

ub1921

Jan 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

All the posts on this thread have been super helpful. A big thank you to everyone who has been posting updates about their status.

My situation is as follows:

I am pregnant and due in May 2021 and want either my mother or my in-laws to come and help me out during pregnancy and post partum period. My husband and I are both Permanent Residents (PR) in Canada.

My timeline for my mother’s application is as follows:

Application date: 13 December, 2020 (applied online and from outside Canada, India)
PHAC approval: 7 January, 2021
Visa application decision: 8 January, 2021

Although I got the PHAC approval for my mother, her visa has been rejected on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am planning to re-apply with additional documents, strengthening her financial status and strong reasons for returning to India. With regards to purpose of visit, I selected ‘Other’ and ‘Covid-19’. However, I did not mention my pregnancy in her visa application. Just mentioned that she wants to visit me for around 3 weeks (from 15th March to Apr 3rd 2021).

I have also applied for a visitor visa for my father-in-law and mother-in-law. And, I want to try to get their visa approved through the PHAC route. Compared to my mother, I feel that their proof of financial status, personal assets, travel history and family ties in India is stronger. But I am afraid that their visa may also get rejected, based on the purpose of visit, as I did not mention my pregnancy in their visa application. We just mentioned that they want to visit their son (my husband) for around 3 weeks. So, I am confused as to how to proceed.

Should I get PHAC approval for them and apply or should I withdraw their application and re-apply with additional documents about the purpose of visit, ie. my pregnancy?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

I have a question. I sent my wife's TRV application on Dec 29. As soon as I submitted it, I got a message in my inbox for "Confirmation of Online Transmission"

But I never got a "Submission Confirmation" message. I had received this message on my past applications. Is this something to be worried about? Its been over 2 weeks.
Although I did get a ghost update on Dec 30 (next day).

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

All the posts on this thread have been super helpful. A big thank you to everyone who has been posting updates about their status.

My situation is as follows:

I am pregnant and due in May 2021 and want either my mother or my in-laws to come and help me out during pregnancy and post partum period. My husband and I are both Permanent Residents (PR) in Canada.

My timeline for my mother’s application is as follows:

Application date: 13 December, 2020 (applied online and from outside Canada, India)
PHAC approval: 7 January, 2021
Visa application decision: 8 January, 2021

Although I got the PHAC approval for my mother, her visa has been rejected on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am planning to re-apply with additional documents, strengthening her financial status and strong reasons for returning to India. With regards to purpose of visit, I selected ‘Other’ and ‘Covid-19’. However, I did not mention my pregnancy in her visa application. Just mentioned that she wants to visit me for around 3 weeks (from 15th March to Apr 3rd 2021).

I have also applied for a visitor visa for my father-in-law and mother-in-law. And, I want to try to get their visa approved through the PHAC route. Compared to my mother, I feel that their proof of financial status, personal assets, travel history and family ties in India is stronger. But I am afraid that their visa may also get rejected, based on the purpose of visit, as I did not mention my pregnancy in their visa application. We just mentioned that they want to visit their son (my husband) for around 3 weeks. So, I am confused as to how to proceed.

Should I get PHAC approval for them and apply or should I withdraw their application and re-apply with additional documents about the purpose of visit, ie. my pregnancy?
Hi. After reading the post i can think that you should have mentioned your pregnancy in the application as during this time any support needed on the medical ground will have a upper hand in getting the visa approval. The general travel visit might not get the approval during this time as canadian government is focussing on the essential travel only. So i would say update your application with a doctor s letter mentioning your due date and pregnancy .

bkp

Nov 17, 2020
Friends... just a quick question.. after getting Visa approval letter for my parents, is it mandatory that both of them should travel or whether my mom can travel alone.. would there be any travel related issues if another applicant is not travelling with ? in this case, my mom is the primary applicant

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Good news!!!!
I spoke to an Immigration officer today, and he emailed me the following document, which states that unless Border services did not stamp a date on your passport, visitor can stay in the country for 6-months.

Entry - Visa (TRV)

A TRV allows entry into Canada. It is valid for a limited period of time. You must therefore come to Canada and present yourself at a port of entry up until the expiry date on your TRV.

Please note that a valid TRV does not guarantee entry into Canada. If your situation has changed between the date you applied for your TRV and the date you arrived in Canada, an officer will decide if you still meet the requirements to enter the country.

Stay - Stamp or Status Document

Once entered, the duration of your stay will not be determined by the validity of your TRV but by either a stamp in your passport or a status document such as a work permit or a study permit. In the absence of any of those, unless there is a date written by hand on the stamp in your passport, you are deemed to have been authorized a stay of 6 months.

Reactions: dsinghd

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Time line for my parents application as immediate family member.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed
Email also sent twice to ircc for exemption from travel ban and approval, no update yet.
Still waiting..
Did anyones application come through under the same category..

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I am a Permanent Resident and I have applied for a super visa for my mother and my wife (also a PR) has applied for a visit visa for her mother.

Given that they are immediate family members of a PR, I don't need to send any additional emails anywhere for approval or to get their application processed on priority, correct??

Where we are stuck is the biometric requirement. Apart from Dubai, is there any other option for Indians to enroll for biometrics?

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
First of all i want to thanks @sb0821 for starting this thread and showing ray of hope to many of us. No Doubt you are so helpful.

Secondly, i would like to thank @dsinghd @DK84 @Ajayparamesh for providing useful information frequently and keep updating this post.

Below are the development so far on my mother's application who wants to come to help my wife during her pregnancy:-

Applied for TRV online: 7 Jan 2021
Applied for PHAC: 7 Jan 2021
PHAC approval: 8 Jan 2021(6 month validity)
Biometric request: 8 Jan 2021
Itinerary request from CIC: 12 Jan 2021
Submitted Itinerary to CIC; 17 Jan 2021
Booked tickets for on 17 Jan2021 travel dates: 4th Feb 2021(as CIC letter says travel should be within 30 days or PHAC validity which is earlier)
Waiting for Visa approval: hoping it comes this week.

@dsinghd @DK84 @Ajayparamesh Did your parents/family members travelled to Canada now or the travel is scheduled ? Itinerary request from CIC says that travel has to be done within 30 days of PHAC so i am hoping you guys might have booked travelled soon.

I have booked tickets for my mother for 4th Feb 2020 Aircanada Flight AC043 departing at 00:50 AM from Delhi and arriving at Toronto at 05:30 AM. I Shared the itinerary with CIC upon their request and hoping that they send the visa this week.

Anyone here who's family member is travelling in this flight, please reach out.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
First of all i want to thanks @sb0821 for starting this thread and showing ray of hope to many of us. No Doubt you are so helpful.

Secondly, i would like to thank @dsinghd @DK84 @Ajayparamesh for providing useful information frequently and keep updating this post.

Below are the development so far on my mother's application who wants to come to help my wife during her pregnancy:-

Booked tickets for on 17 Jan2021 travel dates: 4th Feb 2021(as CIC letter says travel should be within 30 days or PHAC validity which is earlier)

@dsinghd @DK84 @Ajayparamesh Did your parents/family members travelled to Canada now or the travel is scheduled ? Itinerary request from CIC says that travel has to be done within 30 days of PHAC so i am hoping you guys might have booked travelled soon.

I have booked tickets for my mother for 4th Feb 2020 Aircanada Flight AC043 departing at 00:50 AM from Delhi and arriving at Toronto at 05:30 AM. I Shared the itinerary with CIC upon their request and hoping that they send the visa this week.

You should hear back from them within a week. Yes I booked same flight for Jan 21st. PHAC validity expires on 24th.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
If anyone knows anything about medical insurance for parents, please share. Someone advised me to check with travel agents in India and also asked me to check here in Canada as well. I don't know where to start as I've never used any agents in India and also heard that Indian insurance is good for nothing when it comes to coverage and claims. Which insurance companies provide reasonable prices and good coverage here in Canada?

ub1921

Jan 14, 2021
Hi. After reading the post i can think that you should have mentioned your pregnancy in the application as during this time any support needed on the medical ground will have a upper hand in getting the visa approval. The general travel visit might not get the approval during this time as canadian government is focussing on the essential travel only. So i would say update your application with a doctor s letter mentioning your due date and pregnancy .
Yes, in retrospect I should have mentioned my pregnancy in the application to justify travel during these covid times. But I thought I shouldn’t mention that as it would seem as though they are coming here for housework. Yes, I will update their application with a doctor’s note, hopefully that will help. Thank you!

canada810

Dec 14, 2020

I have submitted the travel itinerary on Jan 16 and now waiting for the visa approval. My parents are travelling on 05-Feb in AC43 from Delhi to Toronto. If anyone is coming on the same flight please let me know.

varunchauhan

Jan 3, 2018
If anyone knows anything about medical insurance for parents, please share. Someone advised me to check with travel agents in India and also asked me to check here in Canada as well. I don't know where to start as I've never used any agents in India and also heard that Indian insurance is good for nothing when it comes to coverage and claims. Which insurance companies provide reasonable prices and good coverage here in Canada?
If there are preexisting conditions with the traveler (E.g. BP, Diabetes etc.) the Indian insurance has no coverage for them. I have done my parent's insurance from a Canadian Insurance company instead which covers pre-existing condition provided the condition has been stable for the last 120 days (This is also one of the lowest days for stability any other company is offering)