+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Sibling Sister

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My father’s passport got renewed recently & it took time to prepare all the documents. Also Super visa, has 72days proccesing time as of now. But for visitor visa, only 18days as per their website for India.
Posted processing times are just estimates. Can be much shorter but also much longer than 18 and 72 days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am inquiring about the process of obtaining a visitor visa for my brother to Canada. My brother is planning to visit Canada for a short period of time and we would like to ensure that we have all the necessary information to facilitate his visit.

Brother details: He is 25 and working as a chef in India and has the property under his name. He can show funds and property documents, job letters, payslips, vehicle documents, and bank statements.
Myself: Canadian citizen and works in a government agency, my husband in PR status and working as well.
Mom: She currently lives with me in Canada on supervisa and her PR(family sponsorship) is in the process
Reason for his trip: Mom came to Canada in February 2023 when I was pregnant and I got a miscarriage in February. So she wants to leave Canada, due to her age(56) my brother needs to come and visit us for 2 weeks10 days and bring her back to India. Is it a valid reason? Also, Mom needs to provide PCC for her PR application, so my brother can help her in India.

Could you please provide me with information on the requirements for obtaining a visitor visa for Canada? I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in this matter.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.
There is no reason a 56 year old can’t travel on their own. There is likely to be significant concern that your brother is attempting to come to Canada and try to remain given that your mother is applying for PR and he is young without significant ties. He also may have applied to study in Canada. You can certainly try.

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
There is no reason a 56 year old can’t travel on their own. There is likely to be significant concern that your brother is attempting to come to Canada and try to remain given that your mother is applying for PR and he is young without significant ties. He also may have applied to study in Canada. You can certainly try.
Can we try on different reasons like a family reunion and how can I show the home country ties strongly?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can we try on different reasons like a family reunion and how can I show the home country ties strongly?
Your brother would need to show good savings, good longterm employment, property ownership especially a home, dependent family members like a spouse and children who would remain at home, etc. If your brother is trying to immigrate (which I suspect he is trying to do) he should look at express entry programs.

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Your brother would need to show good savings, good longterm employment, property ownership especially a home, dependent family members like a spouse and children who would remain at home, etc. If your brother is trying to immigrate (which I suspect he is trying to do) he should look at express entry programs.
We are not trying to immigrate. If thats the case, we will directly try for study or work permit. I want him to visit Canada and i am in canada for long time I want my brother to explore Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We are not trying to immigrate. If thats the case, we will directly try for study or work permit. I want him to visit Canada and i am in canada for long time I want my brother to explore Canada.
Then he applies showing ties to home country (outlined above), travel history, his own funds to travel and reasons to travel. Not sure how he can can apply for a work permit unless he has a visa. if he wants to study then he needs admission, pay tuition, show minimum $10, show career advancement when applying.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then he applies showing ties to home country (outlined above), travel history, his own funds to travel and reasons to travel. Not sure how he can can apply for a work permit unless he has a visa. if he wants to study then he needs admission, pay tuition, show minimum $10, show career advancement when applying.
Think you mean show a minimum of 10k !not $10 and proof of paid first year’s tuition.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your brother may not be able to visit until he has stronger ties to his home country, good savings and it would be helpful if he had a travel history to places like US, UK, Australia. Do you have any other siblings? Where do they live?

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Your brother may not be able to visit until he has stronger ties to his home country, good savings and it would be helpful if he had a travel history to places like US, UK, Australia. Do you have any other siblings? Where do they live?
I have only one sibling and he has traveled to Singapore as a visitor.