+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Sibling Sister

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also actually her marriage is arranged for next year so we were wondering if they could conduct a court marriage now and show a marriage certificate would these attempts work in getting approval. Thanks for taking your time to look into this matter.
You posted a few times:

Property - is she living in India or UAE. If she just bought it and then applied for TRV it is no a tie. If she has had it for a signicant amount of time and is an investment/rental property or she is living on the property then it can be a tie. Property can always be sold.
Marriage: So she is willing to get married just to get a TRV. Something doesn’t seem right. Why is she so desperate for a TRV to get married a year early? Again if she gets married and then applies immediately for a TRV then will look suspicious.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
You posted a few times:

Property - is she living in India or UAE. If she just bought it and then applied for TRV it is no a tie. If she has had it for a signicant amount of time and is an investment/rental property or she is living on the property then it can be a tie. Property can always be sold.
Marriage: So she is willing to get married just to get a TRV. Something doesn’t seem right. Why is she so desperate for a TRV to get married a year early? Again if she gets married and then applies immediately for a TRV then will look suspicious.
I just want to get this TRV approval to increase the chances of WP approval under policies like Atlantic immigration Policy next time as she has 5 years of working experience in UAE fast food industry experience . I knew these attempts would not work they would think about it no cap. And yes she lives in India and is willing to buy a property in India . It is expensive to buy in UAE.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
I just want to get this TRV approval to increase the chances of WP approval under policies like Atlantic immigration Policy next time as she has 5 years of working experience in UAE fast food industry experience . I knew these attempts would not work they would think about it no cap. And yes she lives in India and is willing to buy a property in India . It is expensive to buy in UAE.
Sorry lives and works in UAE.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I just want to get this TRV approval to increase the chances of WP approval under policies like Atlantic immigration Policy next time as she has 5 years of working experience in UAE fast food industry experience . I knew these attempts would not work they would think about it no cap. And yes she lives in India and is willing to buy a property in Iia . It is expensive to buy in UAE.
How does a TRV approval increase her chances for AIPP? Two separate requirements and processes. So she is trying to immigrate and is not a genuine visitor? Does she have a job offer with a designated employer to be eligible for AIPP.

Reactions: YVR123

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
How does a TRV approval increase her chances for AIPP? Two separate requirements and processes. So she is trying to immigrate and is not a genuine visitor? Does she have a job offer with a designated employer to be eligible for AIPP.
Might be able to get one from employer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also actually her marriage is arranged for next year so we were wondering if they could conduct a court marriage now and show a marriage certificate would these attempts work in getting approval. Thanks for taking your time to look into this matter.
A court marriage and a very recent marriage won’t provide strong ties. There will be concerns about why they had such a rushed marriage. Being recently marriage without living together doesn’t provide significant ties. Are they even living in the same country?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A court marriage and a very recent marriage won’t provide strong ties. There will be concerns about why they had such a rushed marriage. Being recently marriage without living together doesn’t provide significant ties. Are they even living in the same country?
This went from TRV for a sister who lives in Dubai to attend convocation of sibling, to getting married a year early (in another country I think) and buying property in India to show ties. And now sister wants to immigrate through AIPP.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Your parents have a pretty good chance of approval. For the best chance of approval ask for a 2-3 week visit. They can apply on the same application. You can specify that as a married couple they share their assets even if only one name specified in the account or deed. I would present their account as savings and I would not go into detail about income from their convenience store going into the account or you and your sister financially supporting them. I would provide evidence of the fact that they own a convenience store. A rental agreement, tax registration, etc. I would specify their plans for running the store while they are away or whether they will close during their visit so need to return to open up the business. Would specify if they both work there, if they are the only employees, etc. If your parents need to be in the country every year to receive a pension I would specify that. Proof of property ownership like a home and if possible evaluation of the worth of the property or a general estimate. Would specify that this their retirement property and that they had been living and working in the UAE. Would include proof that they had lived in the UAE and Hadley returned home to retire. Do they help care for anyone like grandchildren, their parents if they are alive, etc.? In general you want to show that they have their own funds to pay for their trip even if you will be paying for some of it or they will be staying with you for free. There are cases where there has been family breakdown while in Canada and then people are stuck in Canada without any savings so IRCC usually wants to see that visitors have the funds if they ever need to pay for a hotel, a plane ticket, a small emergency, etc. You also want to show why they won’t remain in Canada like what they own, their commitments in their home country, if they have residency requirements to receive government funds, etc. Do not book a plane ticket in advance. If you are trying to secure a decent priced flight make sure the flight is 100% refundable.

I would also specify that you had an online convocation already but the school is having an in person convocation and so you wanted your parents there to enjoy the special occasion that they worked hard to help fund. Would highlight that you haven’t been able to spend time together for a long period of time. Would also indicate that you want your parents to see where you are establishing your life as an PR and hopefully a future Canadian citizen and where you went to school do they can picture your life in Canada when you talk to them while they are in their home country.

Gave you some ideas of a few ways to sell the visit but would try to keep the information short and sweet and as well organized as possible and limit the filler so that a visa officer can read through the information relatively quickly and get an idea that they have lots of reasons why they will return home after your visit and are genuine visitors.
@canuck78 My mother’s sister works in Dubai, her husband works far away in Delhi so my mother takes care of her sister’s son who is 9 years old (how can it be shown?) My mother’s parents are still alive. Does she need to provide a proof for it ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 My mother’s sister works in Dubai, her husband works far away in Delhi so my mother takes care of her sister’s son who is 9 years old (how can it be shown?) My mother’s parents are still alive. Does she need to provide a proof for it ?
You can mention this in the application.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Your parents have a pretty good chance of approval. For the best chance of approval ask for a 2-3 week visit. They can apply on the same application. You can specify that as a married couple they share their assets even if only one name specified in the account or deed. I would present their account as savings and I would not go into detail about income from their convenience store going into the account or you and your sister financially supporting them. I would provide evidence of the fact that they own a convenience store. A rental agreement, tax registration, etc. I would specify their plans for running the store while they are away or whether they will close during their visit so need to return to open up the business. Would specify if they both work there, if they are the only employees, etc. If your parents need to be in the country every year to receive a pension I would specify that. Proof of property ownership like a home and if possible evaluation of the worth of the property or a general estimate. Would specify that this their retirement property and that they had been living and working in the UAE. Would include proof that they had lived in the UAE and Hadley returned home to retire. Do they help care for anyone like grandchildren, their parents if they are alive, etc.? In general you want to show that they have their own funds to pay for their trip even if you will be paying for some of it or they will be staying with you for free. There are cases where there has been family breakdown while in Canada and then people are stuck in Canada without any savings so IRCC usually wants to see that visitors have the funds if they ever need to pay for a hotel, a plane ticket, a small emergency, etc. You also want to show why they won’t remain in Canada like what they own, their commitments in their home country, if they have residency requirements to receive government funds, etc. Do not book a plane ticket in advance. If you are trying to secure a decent priced flight make sure the flight is 100% refundable.

I would also specify that you had an online convocation already but the school is having an in person convocation and so you wanted your parents there to enjoy the special occasion that they worked hard to help fund. Would highlight that you haven’t been able to spend time together for a long period of time. Would also indicate that you want your parents to see where you are establishing your life as an PR and hopefully a future Canadian citizen and where you went to school do they can picture your life in Canada when you talk to them while they are in their home country.

Gave you some ideas of a few ways to sell the visit but would try to keep the information short and sweet and as well organized as possible and limit the filler so that a visa officer can read through the information relatively quickly and get an idea that they have lots of reasons why they will return home after your visit and are genuine visitors.
Hello @canuck78 would you be please able to answer this question. We only have two document proofs to show the evidence of the fact that my parents operate a convenience store, a business registration certificate mentioning the date of commencement which we obtained today. So registration date is recent, it’s only the commencement date that old. Will it cause any trouble. They didn’t had any rent agreement earlier, it’s a very small over the counter micro business establishment that operates from a street intersection. It has father’s name only as the business owner, that it’s under partnership, mother’s name is not there, she too works there. It just mentions that there are two male and female employees. Explains nature of services that establishment provides Retail sale services via stalls and markets of food, beverages, and tobacco products. Is it sufficient to show evidence. If not can try to get one registration certificate issued under mother’s name too. Additionally, the Income tax return that both of them filed in sept 2022, doesn’t specify the name of the business, it just says source of income is business. Do we need to get return revised in order to mention business name on it. Or we can keep it as it is. It’s not a big deal. Also is it too late to apply now provided convocation date is June 02, 2023 . Thanks

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Hello @canuck78 would you be please able to answer this question. We only have two document proofs to show the evidence of the fact that my parents operate a convenience store, a business registration certificate mentioning the date of commencement which we obtained today. So registration date is recent, it’s only the commencement date that old. Will it cause any trouble. They didn’t had any rent agreement earlier, it’s a very small over the counter micro business establishment that operates from a street intersection. It has father’s name only as the business owner, that it’s under partnership, mother’s name is not there, she too works there. It just mentions that there are two male and female employees. Explains nature of services that establishment provides Retail sale services via stalls and markets of food, beverages, and tobacco products. Is it sufficient to show evidence. If not can try to get one registration certificate issued under mother’s name too. Additionally, the Income tax return that both of them filed in sept 2022, doesn’t specify the name of the business, it just says source of income is business. Do we need to get return revised in order to mention business name on it. Or we can keep it as it is. It’s not a big deal. Also is it too late to apply now provided convocation date is June 02, 2023 . Thanks
That’s it’s under partnership is mentioned there, has 1 male and 1 female employee too is mentioned, but we’re able to register under one person’s name only. Registration certificates and ITRs are enough to show proof right .

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
That’s it’s under partnership is mentioned there, has 1 male and 1 female employee too is mentioned, but we’re able to register under one person’s name only. Registration certificates and ITRs are enough to show proof right .
Or do they need to prepare a co-ownership declaration affidavit declaring that business is under partnership and also that they have a joint bank account, there is no bank account functional under business name, just have personal joint bank account .

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
You can mention this in the application.
Hello @canuck78 @Naturgrl . Can either of you share your email address with me. I actually want to have parents convocation invitation letter and purpose of travel letter reviewed by you guys before I file application for visitor visa of my parents. If not I can share them here too. So that you could give me feedback and it could help others too in future.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello @canuck78 @Naturgrl . Can either of you share your email address with me. I actually want to have parents convocation invitation letter and purpose of travel letter reviewed by you guys before I file application for visitor visa of my parents. If not I can share them here too. So that you could give me feedback and it could help others too in future.
Post the letter if you want comments.