+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Sibling Sister

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Your sister must apply on her own. Honestly getting a TRV will likely be very difficult given her profile.
Hey there,
Thanks a lot for taking time to go through my thread. Would you please be able to provide an explanation for it? Along with the overall review of application if I apply for my parents alone. Also is it too late to apply now provided convocation is on June 2, 2023.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey there,
Thanks a lot for taking time to go through my thread. Would you please be able to provide an explanation for it? Along with the overall review of application if I apply for my parents alone. Also is it too late to apply now provided convocation is on June 2, 2023.
Your sister has little funds for a visit. Once she pays airfare she has almost nothing. Your funds are not relevant. She doesn’t live in her home country so cannot show ties to return. She is single so mobile with no family ties. As for processing depends on where they are living right now.

Reactions: canuck78

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Your sister has little funds for a visit. Once she pays airfare she has almost nothing. Your funds are not relevant. She doesn’t live in her home country so cannot show ties to return. She is single so mobile with no family ties. As for processing depends on where they are living right now.
Sorry, she didn’t share all the details with me earlier. She has around 5,000 CAD now in her account in UAE, is eligible for a loan of around 14000 UAE dhiram ($CAD 5100) approximately. Also she has an account in India that has around ($4000 CAD). What about employment that she has in UAE doesn’t it prove her ties? To return back for work.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry, she didn’t share all the details with me earlier. She has around 5,000 CAD now in her account in UAE, is eligible for a loan of around 14000 UAE dhiram ($CAD 5100) approximately. Also she has an account in India that has around ($4000 CAD). What about employment that she has in UAE doesn’t it prove her ties? To return back for work.
IRCC will want to know why she is taking out a loan. Why does she need a loan to come to Canada? So all her savings are around $9K. That is not a lot for a visit and would deplete her savings. The issue is she is not a citizen of UAE. Her ties are a spouse and children. Her ties are a house, business, property in home country. Given her immigration status and being single, IRCC may think that she will not return. First step may be applying for child’s Canadian TRV and see if approved.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
IRCC will want to know why she is taking out a loan. Why does she need a loan to come to Canada? So all her savings are around $9K. That is not a lot for a visit and would deplete her savings. The issue is she is not a citizen of UAE. Her ties are a spouse and children. Her ties are a house, business, property in home country. Given her immigration status and being single, IRCC may think that she will not return. First step may be applying for child’s Canadian TRV and see if approved.
Thanks for explanation @Naturgrl I thought as it’s a visit of only 2 weeks CAD $9000 would be enough. In one thread it was advised that $4000-5000 are enough for 15 days. So I would disregard the idea of inviting my sisters for now. Would be please able to read my thread and answer questions that I have written regarding my parents profile. I did read other threads. But I just want to get it assessed before taking action. I have mentioned different points in that long thread. I would really appreciate it if you would share your thoughts step by step on individual queries that I have regarding my parents. Also I don’t think amount of funds that I have right now make me eligible for inviting them on a Super Visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for explanation @Naturgrl I thought as it’s a visit of only 2 weeks CAD $9000 would be enough. In one thread it was advised that $4000-5000 are enough for 15 days. So I would disregard the idea of inviting my sisters for now. Would be please able to read my thread and answer questions that I have written regarding my parents profile. I did read other threads. But I just want to get it assessed before taking action. I have mentioned different points in that long thread. I would really appreciate it if you would share your thoughts step by step on individual queries that I have regarding my parents. Also I don’t think amount of funds that I have right now make me eligible for inviting them on a Super Visa.
You need to PR for them to apply for a supervisa. There funds are okay. They need to show their own travel history and ties to home country (job letter with approved leave, children under 22 etc.)

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
You need to PR for them to apply for a supervisa. There funds are okay. They need to show their own travel history and ties to home country (job letter with approved leave, children under 22 etc.)
I am PR now I received it on 1st March 2023. I I am thinking about my parents Super Visa by using convocation as a reason. My past 3 years tax returns show more than 30k income since I was student until PGWP to PR. But I don’t have 33k saved up in bank account because of investment decisions that I made. I have only $CAD 12000 at the moment . Is it sufficient atleast for my father ? Please advise accordingly

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am PR now I received it on 1st March 2023. I I am thinking about my parents Super Visa by using convocation as a reason. My past 3 years tax returns show more than 30k income since I was student until PGWP to PR. But I don’t have 33k saved up in bank account because of investment decisions that I made. I have only $CAD 12000 at the moment . Is it sufficient atleast for my father ? Please advise accordingly
Super visa is based on meeting LICO for number of people in your family. You would need at least $40k You are very focused on your funds, and focus should be on your parents’ funds, ties, travel history. Their funds are adequate if in cash.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Super visa is based on meeting LICO for number of people in your family. You would need at least $40k You are very focused on your funds, and focus should be on your parents’ funds, ties, travel history. Their funds are adequate if in cash.
For now what I know is parents have a reasonable ( $CAD 26259 )in a joint bank account.

It’s a joint account. Do we need to declare those account as belonging to only one of them and have other one wrutea letter saying other one will take care of his/her living expenses. Because my mother have just a small chunk of money in her own separate account.

Similarity properties are in name of my mum, but father’s name too is there. Does she too need to write an affidavit saying my father too has co-ownership in those properties. Or it doesn’t matter.

Recent income tax statement shows $CAD 4000 income for each person earned from a small convenience store which is not a Registered business, doesn’t have a business bank account. Money goes in personal banking account. Does it reflect the amount mentioned above. This amount includes parents savings , dad’s retirement fund + money sent monthly by me and my sisters for purpose of family support each month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For now what I know is parents have a reasonable ( $CAD 26259 )in a joint bank account.

It’s a joint account. Do we need to declare those account as belonging to only one of them and have other one wrutea letter saying other one will take care of his/her living expenses. Because my mother have just a small chunk of money in her own separate account.

Similarity properties are in name of my mum, but father’s name too is there. Does she too need to write an affidavit saying my father too has co-ownership in those properties. Or it doesn’t matter.

Recent income tax statement shows $CAD 4000 income for each person earned from a small convenience store which is not a Registered business, doesn’t have a business bank account. Money goes in personal banking account. Does it reflect the amount mentioned above. This amount includes parents savings , dad’s retirement fund + money sent monthly by me and my sisters for purpose of family support each month.
Your parents have a pretty good chance of approval. For the best chance of approval ask for a 2-3 week visit. They can apply on the same application. You can specify that as a married couple they share their assets even if only one name specified in the account or deed. I would present their account as savings and I would not go into detail about income from their convenience store going into the account or you and your sister financially supporting them. I would provide evidence of the fact that they own a convenience store. A rental agreement, tax registration, etc. I would specify their plans for running the store while they are away or whether they will close during their visit so need to return to open up the business. Would specify if they both work there, if they are the only employees, etc. If your parents need to be in the country every year to receive a pension I would specify that. Proof of property ownership like a home and if possible evaluation of the worth of the property or a general estimate. Would specify that this their retirement property and that they had been living and working in the UAE. Would include proof that they had lived in the UAE and Hadley returned home to retire. Do they help care for anyone like grandchildren, their parents if they are alive, etc.? In general you want to show that they have their own funds to pay for their trip even if you will be paying for some of it or they will be staying with you for free. There are cases where there has been family breakdown while in Canada and then people are stuck in Canada without any savings so IRCC usually wants to see that visitors have the funds if they ever need to pay for a hotel, a plane ticket, a small emergency, etc. You also want to show why they won’t remain in Canada like what they own, their commitments in their home country, if they have residency requirements to receive government funds, etc. Do not book a plane ticket in advance. If you are trying to secure a decent priced flight make sure the flight is 100% refundable.

I would also specify that you had an online convocation already but the school is having an in person convocation and so you wanted your parents there to enjoy the special occasion that they worked hard to help fund. Would highlight that you haven’t been able to spend time together for a long period of time. Would also indicate that you want your parents to see where you are establishing your life as an PR and hopefully a future Canadian citizen and where you went to school do they can picture your life in Canada when you talk to them while they are in their home country.

Gave you some ideas of a few ways to sell the visit but would try to keep the information short and sweet and as well organized as possible and limit the filler so that a visa officer can read through the information relatively quickly and get an idea that they have lots of reasons why they will return home after your visit and are genuine visitors.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Your parents have a pretty good chance of approval. For the best chance of approval ask for a 2-3 week visit. They can apply on the same application. You can specify that as a married couple they share their assets even if only one name specified in the account or deed. I would present their account as savings and I would not go into detail about income from their convenience store going into the account or you and your sister financially supporting them. I would provide evidence of the fact that they own a convenience store. A rental agreement, tax registration, etc. I would specify their plans for running the store while they are away or whether they will close during their visit so need to return to open up the business. Would specify if they both work there, if they are the only employees, etc. If your parents need to be in the country every year to receive a pension I would specify that. Proof of property ownership like a home and if possible evaluation of the worth of the property or a general estimate. Would specify that this their retirement property and that they had been living and working in the UAE. Would include proof that they had lived in the UAE and Hadley returned home to retire. Do they help care for anyone like grandchildren, their parents if they are alive, etc.? In general you want to show that they have their own funds to pay for their trip even if you will be paying for some of it or they will be staying with you for free. There are cases where there has been family breakdown while in Canada and then people are stuck in Canada without any savings so IRCC usually wants to see that visitors have the funds if they ever need to pay for a hotel, a plane ticket, a small emergency, etc. You also want to show why they won’t remain in Canada like what they own, their commitments in their home country, if they have residency requirements to receive government funds, etc. Do not book a plane ticket in advance. If you are trying to secure a decent priced flight make sure the flight is 100% refundable.

I would also specify that you had an online convocation already but the school is having an in person convocation and so you wanted your parents there to enjoy the special occasion that they worked hard to help fund. Would highlight that you haven’t been able to spend time together for a long period of time. Would also indicate that you want your parents to see where you are establishing your life as an PR and hopefully a future Canadian citizen and where you went to school do they can picture your life in Canada when you talk to them while they are in their home country.

Gave you some ideas of a few ways to sell the visit but would try to keep the information short and sweet and as well organized as possible and limit the filler so that a visa officer can read through the information relatively quickly and get an idea that they have lots of reasons why they will return home after your visit and are genuine visitors.
That’s a great advice thanks @canuck78 @Naturgrl

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Hello @Naturgrl I have this last question for you in the last you wrote “First step may be applying for child’s Canadian TRV and see if approved”. Would you please elaborate it ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello @Naturgrl I have this last question for you in the last you wrote “First step may be applying for child’s Canadian TRV and see if approved”. Would you please elaborate it ?
The original post was about bringing a niece to Canada, then another person posted about a sister's daughter so the focus on the thread was originally on inviting a sister and niece. Then you came in with your own questions so I was getting confused with the conversation.

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Hello @Naturgrl would you mind answering a follow-up question regarding this situation. I know it may sound funny but my sister was wondering if she buys a property in India right now would it be sufficient to show her ties back home. I know even in this situation IRCC might think the same way as they would in case of pain looking at recent purchase date , that why this person bought property recently .

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Hello @Naturgrl would you mind answering a follow-up question regarding this situation. I know it may sound funny but my sister was wondering if she buys a property in India right now would it be sufficient to show her ties back home. I know even in this situation IRCC might think the same way as they would in case of pain looking at recent purchase date , that why this person bought property recently .
Also actually her marriage is arranged for next year so we were wondering if they could conduct a court marriage now and show a marriage certificate would these attempts work in getting approval. Thanks for taking your time to look into this matter.