+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Parents

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
for one month i.e in December. My brother is 26years old and he is a doctor.
Your brother needs to apply separately from your parents. Assume they are all vaccinated. Getting an answer before December may be difficult. It’s unclear what wait times will be like now that the borders are opening more to those who are vaccinated. Is your brother working full-time? Does he own property? Does he have his own finances? Has he travelled to places like the US, UK, Australia in the past 5-10 years? How is he able to take a month off during a pandemic as a physician? Young single can struggle to get approved because they have minimal ties to their home country to prove that they will return and their finances may not be very good at their age.

Kspatel45

Jun 17, 2019
The fact that your brother and his wife are moving to Canada makes it more questionable if your parents and younger brother want to come to Canada. With the whole family in Canada there will be concerns that your parents and younger brother won’t leave. Does your brother not have school he must attend? Your parents have a better chance of approval without your younger brother. How long do they want to travel for? Do they have jobs and a property they own to return tos?
Thanks canuck78 for your reply, My father has Job, he is general manager in cotton industry. Can I apply for my parents only for now and once they get approval, Can I apply for my elder brother?
If I am applying for my parents, Do I need to show all Indian bank balance (my parents) or I can show my parents and mien (Canada) balance?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks canuck78 for your reply, My father has Job, he is general manager in cotton industry. Can I apply for my parents only for now and once they get approval, Can I apply for my elder brother?
If I am applying for my parents, Do I need to show all Indian bank balance (my parents) or I can show my parents and mien (Canada) balance?
They can all apply together but it would probably be better for your parents to apply first versus having your whole family all at once. Your parents likely have a higher chance of approval than your brother. Your parents must show they have the funds to support their travels. You can include proof of your bank statements as a secondary source of information. You can either act as the representative for your brother for his application or help him fill out the application.

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi
I have applied a visitor visa for my parent and they had PR since 2014 but they voluntarily renunciate that.
and now the cic asks the biometric fee for my application as I though it did not need any biometric.
Do you have any idea about that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I have applied a visitor visa for my parent and they had PR since 2014 but they voluntarily renunciate that.
and now the cic asks the biometric fee for my application as I though it did not need any biometric.
Do you have any idea about that?
They would only be exempt from biometrics if they gave biometrics before. Have they given biometrics before?

Preetivasudev

Nov 7, 2022
Hello I have question. I am applying for parents visitor visa.
I am on maternity leave , but for the job letter and pay slip how can I manage that. As I am not receiving any pay slip but I will be joining back next year 2023.
also , I am receiving EI from govt.
has anyone been in the same situation??
Pls share your experience

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello I have question. I am applying for parents visitor visa.
I am on maternity leave , but for the job letter and pay slip how can I manage that. As I am not receiving any pay slip but I will be joining back next year 2023.
also , I am receiving EI from govt.
has anyone been in the same situation??
Pls share your experience
What do your pay slips have to do with your parents application unless applying for a supervisa. Your parents are the ones who show their bank accounts and payslips. Your finances do not have to be considered.

Preetivasudev

Nov 7, 2022
What do your pay slips have to do with your parents application unless applying for a supervisa. Your parents are the ones who show their bank accounts and payslips. Your finances do not have to be considered.
Ohkay. Do I also need job letter to show or notice of assessment + account bank statement will work. ?
Do I need to show same doc of my spouse’s ?

Preetivasudev

Nov 7, 2022
So they show their bank statements and you provide and invitation letter. They want to have a visit of 2-3 weeks that matches their funds.
oh. But in CiC website, it says that need to show employment letter that I am employed though I am on maternity leave.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh. But in CiC website, it says that need to show employment letter that I am employed though I am on maternity leave.
You can show your employment letter but you should also focus on your parents' supporting document.