+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Parents

ks4911

Oct 31, 2020
Hello All.
Am in PR and would like to apply visitor visa for my parents
Background: My parents are at age of 60+ and don't have any property on their name. However, their medical conditions are okay no major issues.
In Canada, I stay in a 1BHK apartment.

1. Can anyone please help me by providing a sample invitation letter with quarantine plan?
2. What strong ties should I have to show for my parents that they will not overstay and go back home?
3. What is the insurance do I need to get or submit as proof before they travel?
I googled but it is not specific to this pandemic situation.

Help Please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All.
Background: My parents are at age of 60+ and don't have any property on their name. However, their medical conditions are okay no major issues.

1. Can anyone please help me by providing a sample invitation letter with quarantine plan?
2. What strong ties should I have to show for my parents that they will not overstay and go back home?
3. What is the insurance do I need to get or submit as proof before they travel?

Help Please
There is no special visa or application due to covid it is just a normal TRV. With a 1 BK your parents will either need an airbnb/hotel or you all remain in quarantine together for 14 days in your home.

ks4911

Oct 31, 2020
There is no special visa or application due to covid it is just a normal TRV. With a 1 BK your parents will either need an airbnb/hotel or you all remain in quarantine together for 14 days in your home.
Thank you so much for your response.
Do you have any sample invitation letter?

ks4911

Oct 31, 2020
a simple letter is fine. the invitation letter is not a big deal.
okay.
In my invitation letter i have mentioned the following but not sure would these make a strong point to provide VISA

1. Spending time with his grandson and daughter in law in person after 4 years
2. Visiting Canada tourist place (Based on rules and regulation)

Besides I don't know what other points to include?

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
i have mentioned that we need our parents for babies traditions and rituals in invitation letter, don't know if it is going to work since VFS is not open and we are waiting for biometrics

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i have mentioned that we need our parents for babies traditions and rituals in invitation letter, don't know if it is going to work since VFS is not open and we are waiting for biometrics
Would personally not mention anything about pregnancy, new babies, etc.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
HI Tanmay, did you get any respond from VISA office? I see you mention about pregnancy, did it affect the application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why not Pregnancy???

I know many of my friends' parents got visas to help with pregancy.
Equally others have been denied. Many people describe caring for mother, baby or household which can be considered work. A grandchildren will also create more ties to Canada. Indicating you want to visit your child is a good enough reason.

Virat29

May 28, 2020
Hello All.

Help Please
Hi did u apply if so wat was the response from cic?

raj.nnrps

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
☄Mississauga/Singapore
App. Filed.......
☄Apr 28, 2016
AOR Received.
☄May 19, 2016 / SA Received :☄June 27, 2016
File Transfer...
☄June 29, 2016 / AOR2 Received :☄June 30, 2016 / CSQ Applied :☄July 6, 2016 / CSQ Issuied :☄Aug 31, 2016
Med's Done....
☄Mar 29, 2016 (Upfront) / Asked for PCC : ☄Oct 31, 2016 / PCC Delivered : ☄Nov 9, 2016 /☄ Decision Made: Nov 17, 2016
Interview........
☄ waived
Passport Req..
NOV 18, 2016 / Submitted PP: Dec 11,2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 22,2016 (Received PP on JAN 11,2017)
LANDED..........
☄MAR 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident and working for an IT company. My wife is pregnant and her due date is the beginning of August 2021.

I am planning to apply for visit visa for my parents and younger brother.

My Dad (67) is a businessman and Mom(54) is a Housewife. My brother(29) started his own business a couple of months ago.
I would like to apply for the visa online for them. My question is :

1. Should I open a separate account for (Mom, Dad and Bother) using GC key for everyone to apply or Just one account to apply for everyone and add family members in an application or one account for my parents and a separate account for my brother?
  2. Since my mom is a housewife, which documents she needs with the application?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident and working for an IT company. My wife is pregnant and her due date is the beginning of August 2021.

I am planning to apply for visit visa for my parents and younger brother.

My Dad (67) is a businessman and Mom(54) is a Housewife. My brother(29) started his own business a couple of months ago.
I would like to apply for the visa online for them. My question is :

1. Should I open a separate account for (Mom, Dad and Bother) using GC key for everyone to apply or Just one account to apply for everyone and add family members in an application or one account for my parents and a separate account for my brother?
  2. Since my mom is a housewife, which documents she needs with the application?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.
1. Your father and mother will apply together as part of one application. Your brother needs to apply separately.
2. See above. Whatever documents are included for your father.

Reactions: raj.nnrps

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Your father and mother will apply together as part of one application. Your brother needs to apply separately.
2. See above. Whatever documents are included for your father.
Depending on your brother's ties it would be better if you had a more established especially if he isn't married and still lives at home. Would possibly consider applying when his business is at least 6 months old. At the moment they won't be able to do biometrics in India so not a huge rush.

Reactions: raj.nnrps