+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Parents

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Folks,

I recently got my PR and would like to invite my parents to visit me. They live in Iraq.

Is Canada giving visas to the parents from Iraq easily? should I even bother trying?

Has anyone here tried and can share their experience, please?

Thank you,
You can certainly try but given that you got your PR through filing for asylum it will be difficult.

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys.. My parents ( from India-fully vaccinated) would like to visit me. I am a Citizen of Canada. With the new travel advisory it states that they can come visit me via a third country where they have to get a PCR done within last 72 hours and MIGHT have to stay in that third country for 14 days. The word might means there are some exceptions to the rule. Does anyone know if they can visit me. They already have their visa so that's not an issue. Has anyone parents recently travelled from India on tourist visa. Quarantine is not an issue with us, as I would rather have them quarantine here rather than in a third country. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
1. Your father and mother will apply together as part of one application. Your brother needs to apply separately.
2. See above. Whatever documents are included for your father.
when you say apply as part of one application, you mean fill the form just for my father and attach all supporting documents, and include mother as someone traveling with father, right?

Naitik91

Mar 5, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am a PR in Canada and I have provided all the necessary documents online.

I applied for Super-visa for my Mom, the details are as follows:
Country of Applicant : India
Application Submission : Mar 2021
Biometrics : July 2021
Upfront Medical : Jan 2021

What to expect after this? Has anyone received approval for super visa? Could you please share your timeline here as well.

jaydeepdave9

Jun 1, 2018
Hey Guys,

Hope you are all doing good. I have query regarding my in laws visitor VISA, requesting your input.

I have applied online for both my in laws Visitor VISA. they are in India. We got Biometric appointment on 23rd July and completed it at Ahmedabad. They took 3000 Rs. each there, I do not know what was that for.

Also, There is update in online application that my mother in law's biometric shows completed there but my father in-law's message has Biometric number there but it says "Fingerprints" are not received.

I have not received any email from VFS or any other update, what do you think guys? Why it says in father in-law's application that Fingerprints are not received and shows my mother in-law's complete?

Also, why they took money and for what? When should I expect passport request?

Feb 23, 2018
Hey Guys,

Hope you are all doing good. I have query regarding my in laws visitor VISA, requesting your input.

I have applied online for both my in laws Visitor VISA. they are in India. We got Biometric appointment on 23rd July and completed it at Ahmedabad. They took 3000 Rs. each there, I do not know what was that for.

Also, There is update in online application that my mother in law's biometric shows completed there but my father in-law's message has Biometric number there but it says "Fingerprints" are not received.

I have not received any email from VFS or any other update, what do you think guys? Why it says in father in-law's application that Fingerprints are not received and shows my mother in-law's complete?

Also, why they took money and for what? When should I expect passport request?
I'm in the same situation! However it is with my father instead. Did you try to check the VFS global website again? In my case, my father's name reappears eligible for booking again, but my mother's doesn't (and her biometrics is accepted). I had to rebook appointment but I only got it for September. I still need to understand what happened and why wasn't it accepted. Why wasn't there a communication from vfs that something was wrong.

jaydeepdave9

Jun 1, 2018
I'm in the same situation! However it is with my father instead. Did you try to check the VFS global website again? In my case, my father's name reappears eligible for booking again, but my mother's doesn't (and her biometrics is accepted). I had to rebook appointment but I only got it for September. I still need to understand what happened and why wasn't it accepted. Why wasn't there a communication from vfs that something was wrong.
What do you mean when you say that your fathers name reappeared? Where it reappeared? I just booked biometric appointment from Vfs portal and it was not showing anything else except appointments

Kspatel45

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I am Monika, Me and my Husband are on PR status, We have baby girl (Canadian Born) 6 months old, My husband is working on IT company and I am on Parental leave. I want to apply for my Parents visit visa with my brother (17 year old). I have another brother (25 years old) he is married and his wife is coming Canada on study permit.
Should I apply for my Parents only, Parents and younger brother, or apply for everyone ?

Your help will really help me, I appreciate your help,
Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am Monika, Me and my Husband are on PR status, We have baby girl (Canadian Born) 6 months old, My husband is working on IT company and I am on Parental leave. I want to apply for my Parents visit visa with my brother (17 year old). I have another brother (25 years old) he is married and his wife is coming Canada on study permit.
Should I apply for my Parents only, Parents and younger brother, or apply for everyone ?

Your help will really help me, I appreciate your help,
Thanks in advance.
The fact that your brother and his wife are moving to Canada makes it more questionable if your parents and younger brother want to come to Canada. With the whole family in Canada there will be concerns that your parents and younger brother won’t leave. Does your brother not have school he must attend? Your parents have a better chance of approval without your younger brother. How long do they want to travel for? Do they have jobs and a property they own to return tos?

kamrink

Jun 20, 2021
Myself and my husband are on work permit . Came to canada in august.
We want to apply visit visa for my Parents and brother.
1.Can I apply in one application?
2. My mother name in my passport : Afrin
Where as in her passport : Afrien
Will it be a problem?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Myself and my husband are on work permit . Came to canada in august.
We want to apply visit visa for my Parents and brother.
1.Can I apply in one application?
2. My mother name in my passport : Saheda Afrin
Where as in her passport : Saheda Afrien
Will it be a problem?
Would suggest removing exact names from the internet. Would really suggest your parents delay applying for a visitor visa until you’ve spent at least a few months in Canada. It raises concerns that they may want to relocate to Canada with you if they apply so soon after you arrive in Canada. How old is your brother? Is he working or studying? How ling do they want to visit?

Reactions: kamrink

kamrink

Jun 20, 2021
the spelling mistake of mothers name in my passport will be a problem?
Would suggest removing exact names from the internet. Would really suggest your parents delay applying for a visitor visa until you’ve spent at least a few months in Canada. It raises concerns that they may want to relocate to Canada with you if they apply so soon after you arrive in Canada. How old is your brother? Is he working or studying? How ling do they want to visit?
My brother is 26years old and he is a doctor.
They want to visit for 1month in December.
The spelling mistake of mothers name in my passport can cause a problem?