+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
I really want someones to advise me on my parent's visitor visa application to Canada.
My parents want to visit me for two months. My Dad is an orchardist; he owns 4 apple orchards in India. I already booked their return tickets. As a proof of financial support, he is using recent bank statement (6 months- June- Nov). Apples are seasonal crop so he only sold the apples to traders and the money came in Sep2018. He has 18000 CAD in his account now but before September he did not have a lot in the account. To prove that the money belongs to him, he has the sales receipts etc for some of the traders. But for one he has a handwritten sale. I am kinda worried if he was not able to prove that the money belongs to him, it will affect their application. My dad is also getting a letter from the bank that the recent deposits in his account are from fruit companies.
Also, my mom is a housewife and my dad is going to take care of her expenses too. Does that mean my dad has to provide a letter of financial support for my mom? I and my wife are on a work permit and we both work for UBC. Our PR application is also in process. I can submit my salary letters, job contract mentioning our salaries and invitation letter, our apartment lease docs etc.

To show close ties to home country: my dad is using
1) his agriculture certificate indicating that he owns orchards in India 2) he recently property purchase (sale deed) 3) RC for his two cars that he owns 4) passport copy of my younger brother (unmarried) in India. Also, do you guys think if he should have more documents to prove close ties to his home country?
Does anyone a format for a financial support letter?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My parents want to visit me for two months.
A visit of 3-4 weeks would be best. Plus, a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates.

I already booked their return tickets.
Don't book tickets. It does not guarantee nor improve chances of a TRV approval.

As a proof of financial support, he is using recent bank statement (6 months- June- Nov). Apples are seasonal crop so he only sold the apples to traders and the money came in Sep2018.
1. Were some quantities sold to food processing companies? Those sales receipts would seem more legit than apples sold to traders.

2. When is the next apple harvesting season?

He has 18000 CAD in his account now but before September he did not have a lot in the account.
Did he earn similar amounts in the previous years?

If yes, can he prove it by bank statements going back a couple of years?

But for one he has a handwritten sale.
Won't work.

My dad is also getting a letter from the bank that the recent deposits in his account are from fruit companies.
The bank is not your dad's business partner. So, it does not make sense that the bank will issue a letter like this.

Either the bank statement states the names of these apple traders or it does not.

1. Does he file Form J?
2. Does he have financial investments going back a couple of years?
3. Does he hire seasonal farm workers? If yes, can he prove this?
4. Any loans for purchase of farm equipment, vehicles, seeds/chemicals, etc?
5. Audit report/balance sheet from a CA? Or a Net Worth certificate?
6. Does he have credit cards? Good credit limit?

Also, my mom is a housewife and my dad is going to take care of her expenses too. Does that mean my dad has to provide a letter of financial support for my mom?
Yes, a Letter of Financial Support will help + your dad's bank statements + his ITR/Form J.

I and my wife are on a work permit and we both work for UBC. Our PR application is also in process. I can submit my salary letters, job contract mentioning our salaries and invitation letter, our apartment lease docs etc.
Your documents are supplementary.

To show close ties to home country: my dad is using
1) his agriculture certificate indicating that he owns orchards in India2) he recently property purchase (sale deed) 3) RC for his two cars that he owns 4) passport copy of my younger brother (unmarried) in India.
1. List of documents?

2. Does your brother live with your parents? Or does he live/work in another city?

ars1977

Nov 2, 2018
Hi friends,

I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to apply for my parents visit visa for 6 mos. They are both retired. I know that the 2 most important things they should show is if they have enough funds to support themselves during their stay and the if they have proof that they're going back after 6mos. They will be here in Winnipeg just to be with us, i have a son and I also have a sister in Calgary and we might visit her there too when my parents got approved. My Dad has CA$20,000 now after he sold his apartment. But previously, he only has $5000 in his bank. He also has some money from stocks investment too. He owns a house and a car. My mom is a housewife . I have my sister who lives a bit far from them and has her own family too. My question is, given the situation, how do you think they can prove family that they are going back after 6 mos? Is there a possibility that they will get approved? Should i also need to show our savings since they are going to live with us once they got here, and how much money in the bank should I show if ever? Your inputs would be very much appreciated.

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Thanks, Bryanna, really appreciate your help with this.

A visit of 3-4 weeks would be best. Plus, a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates

Don't book tickets. It does not guarantee nor improve chances of a TRV approval

1. Were some quantities sold to food processing companies? Those sales receipts would seem more legit than apples sold to traders.

>yes he should have some receipts.

2. When is the next apple harvesting season?

>July next year

Did he earn similar amounts in the previous years?

>Yes he actually made like 60-70K cad last year he spend money on my wedding and a property that he recently purchased.

If yes, can he prove it by bank statements going back a couple of years?

>Yes he can easily prove that.

Won't work.
The bank is not your dad's business partner. So, it does not make sense that the bank will issue a letter like this.

>yeah that’s true, you are right. He got bank statements with the name of companies he sold his apples to.

Either the bank statement states the names of these apple traders or it does not.
>Bank statements show the company names.

1. Does he file Form J?
No, can be generated

3. Does he hire seasonal farm workers? If yes, can he prove this?
Yes he does
4. Any loans for purchase of farm equipment, vehicles, seeds/chemicals, etc?
No
5. Audit report/balance sheet from a CA? Or a Net Worth certificate?
No, but he can generate it.
6. Does he have credit cards? Good credit limit?
He does.

Yes, a Letter of Financial Support will help + your dad's bank statements + his ITR/Form J.
Will do that

Your documents are supplementary.
>I am attaching
My work permit, passport
salary letter from UBC (for me and my wife)
Apartment lease document
My bank statements (with almost 20k in it) and 3 credit cards ( total limit 20k CAD)
invitation letter etc

1. List of documents?

a) Agriculture certificate indicating the orchard he owns
b) Recent land purchase documents (sale deed)
c) Registration certificated from registration and licensing authority
d) House ownership certificate

2. Does your brother live with your parents? Or does he live/work in another city?
My Brother is an assistant professor and lives in a different city though.

Please let me know if these documents are enough as my dad can do his property evaluation etc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My Brother is an assistant professor and lives in a different city though.

Please let me know if these documents are enough as my dad can do his property evaluation etc
1. Does your dad file his tax returns?

2. Any financial investments? If yes, do they go back at least a couple of years?

3. Any mortgage?

4. Your brother is not a family tie to return to from a visa perspective