+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents / Spouse / Siblings -TRV- April & May 2022 Applications

rdrumsb

Jul 11, 2014
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) through the IRCC Portal for my spouse to visit me from Cuba on March 24th 2022.

Date Submitted: March 24, 2022
Current Status: Submitted
Biometrics Request: March 28, 2022
Biometrics Completed: April 13, 2022 (Canadian Embassy in Havana)
Application Stock on: "Review of Eligibility" and "Background Check"

I hope to reunite with my wife very soon. If anyone who applied in January or February has already got an answer, please let us know.

Good luck to you all!

Reactions: Winner_

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) through the IRCC Portal for my spouse to visit me from Cuba on March 24th 2022.

Date Submitted: March 24, 2022
Current Status: Submitted
Biometrics Request: March 28, 2022
Biometrics Completed: April 13, 2022 (Canadian Embassy in Havana)
Application Stock on: "Review of Eligibility" and "Background Check"

I hope to reunite with my wife very soon. If anyone who applied in January or February has already got an answer, please let us know.

Good luck to you all!
When did you file spousal sponsorship? So your application has yet to undergo eligibility review and background check?

rdrumsb

Jul 11, 2014
When did you file spousal sponsorship? So your application has yet to undergo eligibility review and background check?
Spousal Sponsorship from inside Canada was received in March as well. It's another process that I am doing from inside Canada with the help of an immigration lawyer. I hope she gets permanent resident status sometime in the spring of 2023.

This TRV application was done through the IRCC portal so it's considered an online application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Spousal Sponsorship from inside Canada was received in March as well. It's another process that I am doing from inside Canada with the help of an immigration lawyer. I hope she gets permanent resident status sometime in the spring of 2023.

This TRV application was done through the IRCC portal so it's considered an online application.
So your TRV has yet to start eligibility review and background check.

Tej02

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi There,

I'm applying Visitor Visa for my parents.
I have a couple of questions.

1. What should we do if parents do not have a Marriage certificate.
2. I will be sponsoring my parent's visit. and they will be staying with us. What should we update in proof of funds and what should we update in proof of funds?

If someone could help me with this information it will be very helpful.

Thanks,

dharam1912

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-10-2014
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
28-02-2015 (Toronto)
anyone applied TRV for siblings in Mar/Apr/May 2022 ? I have applied for my sister in Apr 2022 and still waiting. Even Eligibility reeview is not started

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi There,

I'm applying Visitor Visa for my parents.
I have a couple of questions.

1. What should we do if parents do not have a Marriage certificate.
2. I will be sponsoring my parent's visit. and they will be staying with us. What should we update in proof of funds and what should we update in proof of funds?

If someone could help me with this information it will be very helpful.

Thanks,
1. If they have each other's names as spouse in passport that should work.
2. If you want to sponsor their visit apply for super visa instead. In a simple visit visa it is important that they have their own funds. Even if you say you will be sponsoring their trip it may not work depending on the visa officer.

Tej02

Star Member
May 19, 2021
1. If they have each other's names as spouse in passport that should work.
2. If you want to sponsor their visit apply for super visa instead. In a simple visit visa it is important that they have their own funds. Even if you say you will be sponsoring their trip it may not work depending on the visa officer.
Hi, Thank you so much For the information.
I moved to Canada just 2 months back. Can I apply for a Super Visa for Parents? I don't think they have it in their passport but they do have it on one of the national Identification cards. will that work?

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi, Thank you so much For the information.
I moved to Canada just 2 months back. Can I apply for a Super Visa for Parents? I don't think they have it in their passport but they do have it on one of the national Identification cards. will that work?
nope. Better to have their names added in each other's passports.

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi Folks !

Creating a new thread for April & May 2022 applications .Please share your experience.

My file :

Applied: April 1, 2022
Bio Metrics Completed : April 7, 2022
Applied from :India
No Updates till date :rolleyes:
Guys !

Received PPR for me
But my mother's is stuck in Background check>>> not sure why :(

Have anyone faced such issues.

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I moved to Canada just 2 months back. Can I apply for a Super Visa for Parents?
Technically you can but it is better to have atleast one tax filing in Canada as one of the most common proofs of your income is NOA issued by CRA. In this case better is to go for TRV. But as I said they need to show funds on their own for better chances of approval.

I don't think they have it in their passport but they do have it on one of the national Identification cards. will that work?
Better to have it on passport. You can check timelines of getting a new passport vs just getting a new marriage certificate done.

Tej02

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Technically you can but it is better to have atleast one tax filing in Canada as one of the most common proofs of your income is NOA issued by CRA. In this case better is to go for TRV. But as I said they need to show funds on their own for better chances of approval.

Better to have it on passport. You can check timelines of getting a new passport vs just getting a new marriage certificate done.
Thank you So much