+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents / Spouse / Siblings -TRV- April & May 2022 Applications

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
We have applied for the Visit Visa of My wife, I am a Canadian Citizen here in Canada and she is back home.
While submitting the documents, i thought submitting IMM5476 will be good idea, although it is optional. So we filled imm5476 and I was her representative.
So My wife signed the imm5476 and sent me the scan copy and as a good husband I forgot to sign it and attached it to portal with only her sign on it.
we submitted the docs and got the regular request of bio metrics in 2 or 3 days.

we recently realized that sign on imm5476 is missing.

Option 1)
We send another document to ircc (not sure to which address), and attach a properly signed imm5476.

Option 2)
Since they have already sent bio-metrics request, may be this unsigned docs is not an issue for them, and they still might process our application as it is.

please provide your expert opinion.

Applied: May 11, 2022
Bio Metrics Completed : May 30, 2022
No Updates till date

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
We have applied for the Visit Visa of My wife, I am a Canadian Citizen here in Canada and she is back home.
While submitting the documents, i thought submitting IMM5476 will be good idea, although it is optional. So we filled imm5476 and I was her representative.
So My wife signed the imm5476 and sent me the scan copy and as a good husband I forgot to sign it and attached it to portal with only her sign on it.
we submitted the docs and got the regular request of bio metrics in 2 or 3 days.

we recently realized that sign on imm5476 is missing.

Option 1)
We send another document to ircc (not sure to which address), and attach a properly signed imm5476.

Option 2)
Since they have already sent bio-metrics request, may be this unsigned docs is not an issue for them, and they still might process our application as it is.

please provide your expert opinion.

Applied: May 11, 2022
Bio Metrics Completed : May 30, 2022
No Updates till date
I think you can raise a webform on the portal itself

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
They are working on canadian passport
After that they will go for their summer vacation
They are working also on study permit
So sep 22 will start on visit Visa
I mean is this officially recorded somewhere that they have stopped it till Sep 22

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
I think he's trying to imply that by Sept the new academic year starts so student visas will be done by then, maybe then they can focus on visit visas.
its really frustrating, my sister is expecting this Aug. Unfortunately my mom cannot be there I guess , given the current situation :|

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
its really frustrating, my sister is expecting this Aug. Unfortunately my mom cannot be there I guess , given the current situation :|
I completely understand. My wedding was on 23rd July. My fiancee still hasn't gotten the visa. Will probably have to move it to a later date. Or I might go back to India and get married, which considering the situation there is going to be a nightmare.

Reactions: Winner_

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
I completely understand. My wedding was on 23rd July. My fiancee still hasn't gotten the visa. Will probably have to move it to a later date. Or I might go back to India and get married, which considering the situation there is going to be a nightmare.
I am in a similar situation. I really wish you get a response soon. When did you apply and what is the update so far?

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I am in a similar situation. I really wish you get a response soon. When did you apply and what is the update so far?
Thanks.

Application - 11 April 2022
Biometrics - 19 April 2022
Status: Eligibility - under review, Background check - we are processing your bg check.

No update since 19th April tbh.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Thanks.

Application - 11 April 2022
Biometrics - 19 April 2022
Status: Eligibility - under review, Background check - we are processing your bg check.

No update since 19th April tbh.
Same.
Application - 6 April 2022
Biometrics - 11 April 2022
Medical was done upfront.
Status - background check in progress

mine is super visa application though from India.

Have you submitted the medical?