+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents in canada

lt3001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for visitor visa for my dad. I came to know about CAN+ program and found that he is eligible for CAN+ as he has a valid US B1/B2 visa and he has travelled to USA in past 10 years.

We are in Toronto and my dad will be staying with us only for 5-6 months. While filling the questionnaire, when I choose purpose of travel as 'Visit Family and/or friends', online application does not give me questions for CAN+ eligibility. However, if I choose purpose of travel as 'Tourism', it gives me questions of CAN+ eligibility and reduced number of documents in check list. I have following questions:

1. Is it ok to choose purpose of travel as 'Tourism' considering he will be staying with us for 5-6 months.

2. How much funds we should mention in the application form for this duration of stay? The documents checklist is not asking for any proofs of finances or invitation letter for CAN+ application.

Thanks

KomalSirji

Feb 26, 2018
Hello Everyone
I am writing to ask few questions regarding the application for my mother and brother for a TRV ... i was trying to create the online account with name of my mother and i have filled all the necessary details they have asked.
However, there are few things which I would like to ask on this forum as i am bit confused..

I want to apply TRV for my mother and brother.My brother will be accompanying my mother as she can not come alone because she haven't travelled outside of india. So my brother will be coming as a caretaker.

Can i apply for both of them by making a single account...?

what should i fill for this question...after filling all the details for my mother this question comes later in the details form.

Do you want to submit an application for a family member..?

are you giving someone access to your application...?

please suggest...

thx

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone
I am writing to ask few questions regarding the application for my mother and brother for a TRV ... i was trying to create the online account with name of my mother and i have filled all the necessary details they have asked.
However, there are few things which I would like to ask on this forum as i am bit confused..

I want to apply TRV for my mother and brother.My brother will be accompanying my mother as she can not come alone because she haven't travelled outside of india. So my brother will be coming as a caretaker.

Can i apply for both of them by making a single account...?

what should i fill for this question...after filling all the details for my mother this question comes later in the details form.

Do you want to submit an application for a family member..?

are you giving someone access to your application...?

please suggest...

thx
How old is your brother? If over 22, he is not a dependant and needs to apply with his own account. He needs to show his own ties, funds etc. Also if you are PR, he needs written authorization to travel.

KomalSirji

Feb 26, 2018
Thx for your feedback....

He is 35 years old and has one baby.
So i have to create two accounts and need to apply for both (mom & brother) from a separate account and need to treat as two applicants from two different accounts...?
Do i also need two invitations for both of them...?

is it possible if i make a account with my brother's name and than apply for my mom from the sane account as a accompanying family member...?

Please suggest...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

So i have to create two accounts and need to apply for both (mom & brother) from a separate account and need to treat as two applicants from two different accounts...?

is it possible if i make a account with my brother's name and than apply for my mom from the sane account as a accompanying family member...?

Please suggest...
Yes 2 separate applications and 2 invitations.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Please suggest...
your brother and mother apply separately. You can’t apply for your mother as an accompanying member. Their applications will be assessed seperately on their own merits not together. One may be approved and one may be refused. Where are you from because processing can be over a year? Are you PR? If so your brother also needs written authorization to travel.

KomalSirji

Feb 26, 2018
Yes... i am a PR and from India...

what if make two separate accounts one for my brother and another for my mom... can i apply for both of them as they don't know how to apply...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes... i am a PR and from India...

what if make two separate accounts one for my brother and another for my mom... can i apply for both of them as they don't know how to apply...
You can do that. Processing is about 8+ months not including biometrics. Also Your brother needs written authorization to travel to show that his visit is necessary. You will need all their information including bank statements, job letter etc. to apply

KomalSirji

Feb 26, 2018
Thx for prompt response... I appreciate your time.
I was told to approach the consultant to apply TRV and i had words with one consultant and he said he will apply for both at the same time and will show some family tree and background to get the visa smoothly.

how a consultant can apply for mom and brother's visa applications together ....? Do consultants have specific privileges...?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thx for prompt response... I appreciate your time.
I was told to approach the consultant to apply TRV and i had words with one consultant and he said he will apply for both at the same time and will show some family tree and background to get the visa smoothly.

how a consultant can apply for mom and brother's visa applications together ....? Do consultants have specific privileges...?
No consultants don’t have special privilege. He is lying so you pay him. He still needs to apply for each separately. You don’t need a consult to apply for a visitor visa but if you want to spend the money make sure he is authorized.

Reactions: canuck78

KomalSirji

Feb 26, 2018
Hello...
Could you confirm what is the authorization which needs to apply for TRV of my brother... ? I am a bit confused about it...

where to get this Authorization...?

can anybody tell me what can be written in the invitation letter for a man of 36 yers old who is married and have a baby girl. My brother wants to come in canada with my mother as my mother can not come alone....

thx

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello...
Could you confirm what is the authorization which needs to apply for TRV of my brother... ? I am a bit confused about it...

where to get this Authorization...?

can anybody tell me what can be written in the invitation letter for a man of 36 yers old who is married and have a baby girl. My brother wants to come in canada with my mother as my mother can not come alone....

thx
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

If your brother’s visa is refused (hopefully it isn’t) you will need another plan if you want your mother to come.