visitor visa for parents in canada

remstaneja

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
brampton
Category........
CEC
HI

I am applying for my parents visitor visa as we are expecting a baby in July this year and in the form IMM5257 length of stay asked is from today to end of July do we need to put a letter from doctor saying that we are expecting a baby and delivery date ?

what should we put in purpose of travel ?

what about invitation letter "?

and if i am showing travel ticket from what date to date should i show ?

can anyone please help me with this situation?

my father is retired from his business and my mother is house maker how can i make a strong case ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI

I am applying for my parents visitor visa as we are expecting a baby in July this year and in the form IMM5257 length of stay asked is from today to end of July do we need to put a letter from doctor saying that we are expecting a baby and delivery date ?

what should we put in purpose of travel ?

what about invitation letter "?

and if i am showing travel ticket from what date to date should i show ?

can anyone please help me with this situation?

my father is retired from his business and my mother is house maker how can i make a strong case ?
Their ability to get a visa for a July will be dependent on covid 19. No you shouldn’t get a letter from your doctor. I would not mention the baby at all and indicate they are coming to visit you and your spouse. A simple invitation letter is fine. Do not buy any tickets. You only need a proposed itinerary from a travel or airline website. The case will be partially dependent on their own savings, their previous travel history in the past 5-10 years to countries like Australia, UK, US, etc. and their ties to their home country. They should only ask for a 2-3 week visit. If they own property they should include property deeds and valuation. Any other ties they have will also be important. If they care for family members or need to be back because of a scheduled event that you can prove you can include that.

Reactions: asaeed100 and kaoru

shayanmubarak1

Mar 2, 2011
Hi group!
Quick question,I am confused about what should i indicate as tentative date of arrival in Canada for my parent's super visa application. If I apply today and given the current situation and delays,Is it okay to mention some date in November or should i give more time?

Thanks!

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Experts,

I am planning to apply visitor visa for my parents and i was wondering how much proof of funds needs to be shown. I am planning to show a trip of 3 weeks for them.

Where I am showing $ 9000 CAD in bank and some in cash as the cic website says cash is acceptable.

Now the first question is How to show cash as proof of funds ?

1. I have there last year tax return statements which says they have XXXX amount as cash in their hand. Do you think it will be OK ?
2. Also Tax return shows that they get money from Rent.
3. Also my Mom gets money from tutions. So all things are shown in tax return statement that means we have paid tax on all the cash we have.

Apart from that is there any way anyone can suggest which can be followed to get this done. Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Experts,

I am planning to apply visitor visa for my parents and i was wondering how much proof of funds needs to be shown. I am planning to show a trip of 3 weeks for them.

Where I am showing $ 9000 CAD in bank and some in cash as the cic website says cash is acceptable.

Now the first question is How to show cash as proof of funds ?

1. I have there last year tax return statements which says they have XXXX amount as cash in their hand. Do you think it will be OK ?
2. Also Tax return shows that they get money from Rent.
3. Also my Mom gets money from tutions. So all things are shown in tax return statement that means we have paid tax on all the cash we have.

Apart from that is there any way anyone can suggest which can be followed to get this done. Please advise.
Parents are the one who need to show their funds for a TRV. Your situation is secondary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes that is fine. do they own a property? house or land? because that is what will get them visa not cash in hand. financial asset is a big tie to home country. cash, bank balance all you can show from Canada as much as you can show. your pay stubs, invitation letter, basically everything that you have in Canada.
Savings is also very important when it comes to TRV approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
when you say very important how important is it?
They need to show that they have the extra funds to support their own travel expenses. TRV applications are always about the whole poucture but I would say savings are in the top 2 things with strong ties to your home country. I have seen some cases where parents don’t need to show as much money as other travellers but also many parents that are refused due to lack of finances.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
yes that is fine. do they own a property? house or land? because that is what will get them visa not cash in hand. financial asset is a big tie to home country. cash, bank balance all you can show from Canada as much as you can show. your pay stubs, invitation letter, basically everything that you have in Canada.
Sorry i wrote it wrong what i meant to say is that they have 9000 Cad in bank account and rest they can show as cash on tax return and i will show my bank account as well here in canada.

Also

1. Yes they have own property so i will get the evaluation done for that ,if someone can send the format of evaluation that will be great.
2. Also in the tax return we have shown that we get rent as well so need to manage that.
3. My grandmom is also there so they need to take care of her too.

Is that good enough?

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Parents are the one who need to show their funds for a TRV. Your situation is secondary.
Sorry i wrote it wrong what i meant to say is that they have 9000 Cad in bank account and rest they can show as cash on tax return and i will show my bank account as well here in canada.

Also

1. Yes they have own property so i will get the evaluation done for that ,if someone can send the format of evaluation that will be great.
2. Also in the tax return we have shown that we get rent as well so need to manage that.

Is that good enough?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Also

Is that good enough?
Impossible to say what there chances of approvalnare but all these things will help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what is the other one in top 2 things other than savings?
It is all in my post. I said savings is in the top 2 with strong ties. I would suggest you read what I wrote again. Strong ties can include longterm employment, property, family members that are dependent on you, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you are again wrong. property is needed it is mandatory especially for applicant coming from asian countries.
It is NOT mandatory. It is helpful but there are many younger people who get approved without property. Many young to middle aged people live are multigenerational household where the properties are in the parents names. Good longterm employment is used all the time as a strong tie. There are plenty of examples all over this forum. Neither property or a longterm well paying job guarantee approval either.

I am sure longterm respected forum members will agree. @scylla @canuck_in_uk care to weigh in please.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are longterm members who are extremely knowledgeable and well respected on this forum. If others are in doubt I am sure that their answer would provide some reassurance to others.
The longterm members you listed previously sometimes makes mistake too. After all, we are humans.

Reactions: iglu