+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother (Wife Pregnancy)

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Giving a reason about wife being pregnant might create rejection point as Canada says if husband is here you dont need anybody here plus you can hire a caretaker. If you call your parents you are taking away caretaker s job. I would suggest better wait than facing rejection. Telling it from my experience as I have faced this issue when my baby was born in April.
Did anything work out for you later ? Have you parents got visa yet?

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Thank you guys for your feedback
Also my wife's parent's financial are based on rentals of home and shop mostly through cash
With no ITR

And they hardly have paper trail
Should I say my wife supports them ? We both have a permanent job here in Canada
It depends on who has higher salary. The person with higher salary should write a letter of financial support. After delivery your wife will be on maternity leave and as such her income will be much less than what she was earning before maternity leave so she can't sponsor someone while being on EI.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It depends on who has higher salary. The person with higher salary should write a letter of financial support. After delivery your wife will be on maternity leave and as such her income will be much less than what she was earning before maternity leave so she can't sponsor someone while being on EI.
It doesn’t matter who writes the invitation. You both can invite the parents. Gor a TRV the parents savings are what is important not the child in Canada. They should include the family finances in Canada in the application as well. You can invite someone on a TRV or a supervisa while on a TRV. For a supervisa the other spouse can co-sponsor.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
It doesn’t matter who writes the invitation. You both can invite the parents. Gor a TRV the parents savings are what is important not the child in Canada. They should include the family finances in Canada in the application as well. You can invite someone on a TRV or a supervisa while on a TRV. For a supervisa the other spouse can co-sponsor.
Nope. If the invitees total income does not meet the minimum required income for their family + parents, there are ineligible to sponsor anyone to Canada. In that case it totally depends on parents income back home. Unless OPs in-laws family is well off it will be little difficult to show enough finances for parents to get a TRV approval.

I would recommend the following:
1. Both you and your wife can invite her parents to Canada on a TRV.

2. Just mention that they are visiting her daughter and their son-in-law. No need to mention your spouse pregnancy to avoid complications.

3. You write a letter of sponsorship based on your annual income and get it notarized in your province of residence, and attach it with the TRV application. In the letter of sponsorship, mention that you are taking their responsibility and you will make sure they will go back to India after visiting your family.

4. If you have any bank balance in Canada, get a letter from the back stating that you have x dollars in the account and the account was opened on x date etc.

5. Print out the monthly transaction statement of your bank account to show that you have not deposited funds recently and that you have a stable source of savings to support your family and visitors (In case of unexpected lay off from job etc).

6. Your in-laws should show their financial statements from India to prove that they are capable or at least partially capable of funding their trip.

7. Financial documents of your in-laws will also help in establishing significant ties to India.

What you are trying to show the VO is that you have enough funds to support two visitors to Canada and your in-laws also have enough funds to support their travel to Canada. Your sponsorship and funds will add a lot of weight to their application and the chances of TRV rejection will be very very low.

By doing all the above, you are presenting a very strong case to the VO for the TRV approval.

Reactions: TanmaySamel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nope. If the invitees total income does not meet the minimum required income for their family + parents, there are ineligible to sponsor anyone to Canada. In that case it totally depends on parents income back home. Unless OPs in-laws family is well off it will be little difficult to show enough finances for parents to get a TRV approval.

I would recommend the following:
1. Both you and your wife can invite her parents to Canada on a TRV.

2. Just mention that they are visiting her daughter and their son-in-law. No need to mention your spouse pregnancy to avoid complications.

3. You write a letter of sponsorship based on your annual income and get it notarized in your province of residence, and attach it with the TRV application. In the letter of sponsorship, mention that you are taking their responsibility and you will make sure they will go back to India after visiting your family.

4. If you have any bank balance in Canada, get a letter from the back stating that you have x dollars in the account and the account was opened on x date etc.

5. Print out the monthly transaction statement of your bank account to show that you have not deposited funds recently and that you have a stable source of savings to support your family and visitors (In case of unexpected lay off from job etc).

6. Your in-laws should show their financial statements from India to prove that they are capable or at least partially capable of funding their trip.

7. Financial documents of your in-laws will also help in establishing significant ties to India.

What you are trying to show the VO is that you have enough funds to support two visitors to Canada and your in-laws also have enough funds to support their travel to Canada. Your sponsorship and funds will add a lot of weight to their application and the chances of TRV rejection will be very very low.

By doing all the above, you are presenting a very strong case to the VO for the TRV approval.
You are confusing the requirements for a TRV and a supervisa. A TRV is primarily dependent on the person wanting to visit. Their finances and their ties to their home country will be examined as well as their history of previous travel. The family only invites the parent but there is no form of sponsorship. The family in Canada canalso provide their finances.

There is no need to notarized anything. The residents in Canada don’t need a letter from their bank statements will suffice. Children in Canada having lots of savings does not guarantee that a parent can visit. Like any other traveller they must show they can afford to travel and that their ties are strong enough to India that they will return home.

Reactions: TanmaySamel

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hi guys,

I am in canada with my husband, both on WPfor almost 3 years, PR case under process. I am expecting a baby in 3 months and my doctor asked me if I want to invite a family member as here’s only my husband and 2 minor kids, no close or extended family.

based on doctor’s letter, we issued in invitation to my sister who has applied for 3 weeks TRV to be here for my emotional support at delivery.

what r her chances? She has a job for more than 12 years back home and 2 minor kids fully dependent upon her. No property but some bank balance, single parent.

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,
Anyone can guide please how to check status and any idea how long it will take to get online visa for parents.
I applied online for mother to take care my wife pregnancy.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I am in canada with my husband, both on WPfor almost 3 years, PR case under process. I am expecting a baby in 3 months and my doctor asked me if I want to invite a family member as here’s only my husband and 2 minor kids, no close or extended family.

based on doctor’s letter, we issued in invitation to my sister who has applied for 3 weeks TRV to be here for my emotional support at delivery.

what r her chances? She has a job for more than 12 years back home and 2 minor kids fully dependent upon her. No property but some bank balance, single parent.
Impossible to say. The doctors letter has a very small effect on the application given this is not because of an actual medical need. The fact that she is a single parent leaves her children without a parent, her savings will be a factor, what international travel she has done, the fact that she has a long term job (if well paid) and would be leaving children creates additional ties, etc. How long she is asking to visit Canada will also factor into the decision. Your sister will also need to pay to do the hotel quarantine and must quarantine for 11 days in a separate area of your home like a basement with a bathroom or an AirBNB. As a pregnant women you are considered vulnerable because of the higher risk of severe covid and you also have contact with the healthcare system.

Reactions: Princess2020

Malik.awan304

May 9, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Regardless of the visa you apply for, it's not advisable to state her purpose of visit as wanting to take care of your wife/newborn or something similar.

If your MIL does not have finances/cannot prove the financial support of her husband + she does not have any ties to her home country then it is best to apply for a super visa.

The super visa host's income (LICO, bank balance, financial investments, etc) matter more. Of course, the parent must show some minimum finances + some ties to return home at the end of the stay.

Her husband, any dependent children, any family event that's scheduled after her visit, etc

I recommend you go through the Visa Office instructions for your MIL's home country + this forum for suggestions.

You and your wife must co-invite your MIL. You must also include a copy of your marriage certificate + other documents from your wife (copies of her passport, PR card, etc)
I am a Canadian citizen and am applying for visitor visas for my mother and younger brother. My wife is expecting a second baby in June 2024, and before submitting my application, I have the following questions:

1. I do not own a house in Canada; instead, I live in a two-bedroom apartment with my wife and child. Should I mention accommodation in a invitation letter? What should I provide in a letter for accommodation, considering my current living situation?
2. I have savings of around $60,000 in my Canadian banks. Would this be considered a negative factor for my mother and brother’s visa applications? Additionally, applicant my brother has a bank balance of $25,000, and my mother has $12,000, along with other assets such as property, etc.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Malik.awan304

May 9, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,
My wife is pregnant and we are planning to apply for her mother for a visit visa. Can someone advise based on the conditions below which visa should I apply for:

Her mother have 0 travel history, they have very minimal financial status (does not even have a bank account), my wife doesn't work, I work and family income meets LICO.

1. Should I apply visit visa or Super Visa?
2. In Super visa do they consider applicant's income also or just the sponsor's income?
3. Her mother is a housewife, so basically ties back to the country are just family back home? Would that be enough?
4. What do we need to provide as a sponsor other than the letter of invitation ?
5. If my wife applies as a sponsor and uses my income, is that acceptable?
Hello,
I have the same situation as you. My wife is expecting a baby in June, she is a housewife and I would like to apply for a visitor visa for my mother and younger brother. Can you please share your experience of how your mother-in-law got a visa? Thanks!