+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother (Wife Pregnancy)

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Hi Guyzz,
I am a PR holder and my wife is on Work Permit. My wife is pregnant and she is due in July 2018. I want to apply for my mom to get some help during pregnancy for 4-5 weeks. Can some one help me
* How to apply and what documents I have to submit?
* What is the best time to apply for visitor visa as my wife's pregnancy is due in July 2018, so which is the best time to apply?
* Is it easier to apply online or walk in to nearest embassy in my mother's country?
* Also should i apply for super visa or just visitor visa?
* I also have a Midwives Letter of pregnancy stating my wife's detail of pregnancy due for my mother
Please some one who was is in same situation and applied for their parents visitor visa can help me.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
* How to apply and what documents I have to submit?
You can start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Do check the Visa Office instructions + Document Checklist (for your mom's country) + do go through this forum for suggestions to prepare her application.

* What is the best time to apply for visitor visa as my wife's pregnancy is due in July 2018, so which is the best time to apply?
That would depend on the estimated processing time for her country of residence + do factor in a few extra weeks to this estimate

* Is it easier to apply online or walk in to nearest embassy in my mother's country?
You cannot walk into any visa office. You will need to submit either a paper application to a VAC or else apply online as an authorized representative of your mom. However, her application will be routed to the visa office that's responsible for her country of residence.

* Also should i apply for super visa or just visitor visa?
That would depend on how long your mom would like to visit + whether you meet LICO

* I also have a Midwives Letter of pregnancy stating my wife's detail of pregnancy due for my mother
This is a definite no-no. In fact, stating that your mom is visiting to take care of your wife/newborn baby could be viewed as working illegally and could result in a visa refusal

Reactions: soh075

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
You can start here:

Do check the Visa Office instructions + Document Checklist (for your mom's country) + do go through this forum for suggestions to prepare her application.

That would depend on the estimated processing time for her country of residence + do factor in a few extra weeks to this estimate

You cannot walk into any visa office. You will need to submit either a paper application to a VAC or else apply online as an authorized representative of your mom. However, her application will be routed to the visa office that's responsible for her country of residence.

That would depend on how long your mom would like to visit + whether you meet LICO

This is a definite no-no. In fact, stating that your mom is visiting to take care of your wife/newborn baby could be viewed as working illegally and could result in a visa refusal
I am meeting the requirements of LICO for my mom definetly, But i am just confused that in which process either visitor visa or super visa has more chances of approval in my case.
And If I select super visa do I have to submit the T4 and NOA's for all three years or just last year and also what about the medical exam for my mother?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am meeting the requirements of LICO for my mom definetly, But i am just confused that in which process either visitor visa or super visa has more chances of approval in my case.
There's no guarantee for either a TRV or a super visa. One key deciding factor is the length of your mom's intended visit.

For a TRV:
Your mom must prove she has strong ties to her home country + sufficient financial resources even though you will eventually pay her airfare/other expenses + she must be a short-stay visitor

For a super visa:
Your financials are important + you must provide a declaration offering to financially support her visit + purchase insurance of minimum CAD 100,000 from a Canadian insurance company + your mom would still need to prove reasonable ties to return home to

And If I select super visa do I have to submit the T4 and NOA's for all three years or just last year
Best to submit them for the last three years + your bank statements + any other financial investments

and also what about the medical exam for my mother?
She is required to go through a medical exam for a super visa, either upfront or later when she gets the request for medicals.

Medicals are not required for TRVs unless requested by the visa office

Reactions: soh075 and scylla

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
There's no guarantee for either a TRV or a super visa. One key deciding factor is the length of your mom's intended visit.

For a TRV:
Your mom must prove she has strong ties to her home country + sufficient financial resources even though you will eventually pay her airfare/other expenses + she must be a short-stay visitor

For a super visa:
Your financials are important + you must provide a declaration offering to financially support her visit + purchase insurance of minimum CAD 100,000 from a Canadian insurance company + your mom would still need to prove reasonable ties to return home to

Best to submit them for the last three years + your bank statements + any other financial investments

She is required to go through a medical exam for a super visa, either upfront or later when she gets the request for medicals.

Medicals are not required for TRVs unless requested by the visa office
And if I am applying online for my mom, do i have to make seperate account in name of my mom or i can apply my mom from my account?

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Separate account
Hey Bryanna,
My mom got visitor visa for 6 months from United Kingdom, but she could not able to travel to UK because of family problems. Does that will help my mom in travel history ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey Bryanna,
My mom got visitor visa for 6 months from United Kingdom, but she could not able to travel to UK because of family problems. Does that will help my mom in travel history ?
It only helps to ascertain that she met the entry requirements for the UK. Besides that, it does not help as 'Travel History'.

As Buletruck has suggested, she must list the UK visa details in her Travel History document (for the last 10 years): Visa details + entry/exit dates where applicable + purpose of each visit

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
It only helps to ascertain that she met the entry requirements for the UK. Besides that, it does not help as 'Travel History'.

As Buletruck has suggested, she must list the UK visa details in her Travel History document (for the last 10 years): Visa details + entry/exit dates where applicable + purpose of each visit
Hi Bryanna,
I am filling forms by making a seperate account on my mom's name and i m her uncompensated representative, but the question is how can I get the signature of mom on some forms or can i do my signature?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
I am filling forms by making a seperate account on my mom's name and i m her uncompensated representative, but the question is how can I get the signature of mom on some forms or can i do my signature?
Your mom will need to sign the 'Use of Representative' form + Family Information form.... and you can then submit the application on her behalf

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
Hi,
My wife is pregnant and we are planning to apply for her mother for a visit visa. Can someone advise based on the conditions below which visa should I apply for:

Her mother have 0 travel history, they have very minimal financial status (does not even have a bank account), my wife doesn't work, I work and family income meets LICO.

1. Should I apply visit visa or Super Visa?
2. In Super visa do they consider applicant's income also or just the sponsor's income?
3. Her mother is a housewife, so basically ties back to the country are just family back home? Would that be enough?
4. What do we need to provide as a sponsor other than the letter of invitation ?
5. If my wife applies as a sponsor and use my income, is that acceptable?

Last edited:

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
You can start here:

Hi
@Bryanna I have also my cic account so can I go through my account to apply visit visa for my brother and sister in law by online.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My wife is pregnant and we are planning to apply for her mother for a visit visa. Can someone advise based on the conditions below which visa should I apply for:
Regardless of the visa you apply for, it's not advisable to state her purpose of visit as wanting to take care of your wife/newborn or something similar.

Her mother have 0 travel history, they have very minimal financial status (does not even have a bank account), my wife doesn't work, I work and family income meets LICO.

1. Should I apply visit visa or Super Visa?
If your MIL does not have finances/cannot prove the financial support of her husband + she does not have any ties to her home country then it is best to apply for a super visa.

2. In Super visa do they consider applicant's income also or just the sponsor's income?
The super visa host's income (LICO, bank balance, financial investments, etc) matter more. Of course, the parent must show some minimum finances + some ties to return home at the end of the stay.

3. Her mother is a housewife, so basically ties back to the country are just family back home? Would that be enough?
Her husband, any dependent children, any family event that's scheduled after her visit, etc

4. What do we need to provide as a sponsor other than the letter of invitation ?
I recommend you go through the Visa Office instructions for your MIL's home country + this forum for suggestions.

5. If my wife applies as a sponsor and use my income, is that acceptable?
You and your wife must co-invite your MIL. You must also include a copy of your marriage certificate + other documents from your wife (copies of her passport, PR card, etc)