+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother (Wife Pregnancy)

ASMIA

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Aug 11, 2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted 6.5
File Transfer...
Sept. 2, 204
Med's Request
Sept. 23, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen and working fulltime in Canada. My wife is also a citizen and not working due to her pregnancy. I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my Mother-in-law. My question is who should invite her? Me as a full-time job holder and with bank balance? or my wife as she is a direct family member and has sufficient bank balance? The purpose of her coming in Canada to visit family memeber and grand child. She will stay 3 months in Canada. Please share your thoughts.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen and working fulltime in Canada. My wife is also a citizen and not working due to her pregnancy. I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my Mother-in-law. My question is who should invite her? Me as a full-time job holder and with bank balance? or my wife as she is a direct family member and has sufficient bank balance? The purpose of her coming in Canada to visit family memeber and grand child. She will stay 3 months in Canada. Please share your thoughts.
Both of you. Not your wife alone.

Invitation letter must be co-signed + supporting documents from both of you

Purpose of visit: Should not state pregnancy or wanting to take care of your wife/new baby or moral support or a doctor's note

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi

I want to apply for my parents visitor visa as I would need there support near to due date.. there trv visa has rejected twice before on the ground of "insufficient funds" , "ties back home". My father is a business man and mother is housewife. They hold good account balance,travel history and property back home. Its not even 4 months after their 2nd rejection. So when should I reapply for them? I have a provision of getting sponsorship letter from hospital stating I need my parents here for care. Will the official hospital letter help them get the TRV? Please suggest

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I want to apply for my parents visitor visa as I would need there support near to due date.. there trv visa has rejected twice before on the ground of "insufficient funds" , "ties back home". My father is a business man and mother is housewife. They hold good account balance,travel history and property back home. Its not even 4 months after their 2nd rejection. So when should I reapply for them? I have a provision of getting sponsorship letter from hospital stating I need my parents here for care. Will the official hospital letter help them get the TRV? Please suggest
No it will likely hurt their application. In Canada husbands are usually the ones to help their wives and help with the childcare, cleaning and cooking. Given 2 refusals you need to be prepared to do this if you get another refusal.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
No it will likely hurt their application. In Canada husbands are usually the ones to help their wives and help with the childcare, cleaning and cooking. Given 2 refusals you need to be prepared to do this if you get another refusal.
Thanks for your reply! What should be the ideal time we should reapply TRV for them? Another question my husband is working here but I am not. So the invitation letter should be from his side or me being there daughter but unemployed should be able to send invitation letter?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Bad idea to include the hospital letter. You don't need your parents here to care for you. You want them here. Big difference.

Thanks for your reply! What should be the ideal time we should reapply TRV for them? Another question my husband is working here but I am not. So the invitation letter should be from his side or me being there daughter but unemployed should be able to send invitation letter?
Apply for GCMS notes for details of the previous refusals. Once you can address those details, re-apply. You can invite them.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your big mistake was they applied right after you moved to Canada and then a couple months later making it seem that they were trying to move with you to Canada. I suspect that you’ll find that in the GCMS notes. Having already applied twice in the first 6 months of your time in Canada and now applying for a 3rd TRV it looks like they are desperate to enter Canada. Unfortunately you should have waited to invite them u TIL around now when you’ve been in Canada for around 6 months and one of you is employed. This is Canada where husbands are expected to help with children, shopping, cooking, cleaning and be present at the birth. If your parents are unable to come your husband should be helping you. Even if your parents come your husband should be helping you do these things.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hello Gyus, I am stuck in similar situation
My wife is pregnant and due in Nov, we want to get her mom here.
is Canada processing Visitor Visa?
we tried to apply online but not able to get the button to proceed after uploading their documents. it doesn't even let me pay fees.

any workarounds?

in India an agent says that they will drop an email to embassy saying that wife is expecting and they say that they can post parents visa application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
we tried to apply online but not able to get the button to proceed after uploading their documents. it doesn't even let me pay fees.

any workarounds?

in India an agent says that they will drop an email to embassy saying that wife is expecting and they say that they can post parents visa application
What is your wife's status in Canada?

I'm not sure why you cannot apply online. Applications are still being accepted.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017

any workarounds?

Giving a reason about wife being pregnant might create rejection point as Canada says if husband is here you dont need anybody here plus you can hire a caretaker. If you call your parents you are taking away caretaker s job. I would suggest better wait than facing rejection. Telling it from my experience as I have faced this issue when my baby was born in April.

Newbie_here

Feb 22, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21 MAR 2018
AOR Received.
20 JUNE 2018
Med's Done....
5 JUL 18

any workarounds?

Hi,
I uploaded the documents today online. you should be able to do it too. Unless you upload all the documents, it doesn't give you prompt to 'next' button. Check again. Uplaod everything from the checklist then you can move to the payments page.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

any workarounds?

Your agent will not have any influence on how fast your application is processed. VACs are not open in India at the moment so she won’t be able to do biometrics or get her passport stamped. Pregnancy is not considered a reason for urgent processing. Would make sure you have a plan B since her mother coming to Canada is unlikely by November.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
If you mention in the visa application that her parents are coming here "to take care of your wife" then VO may consider that your parents are coming here to "work" which is not allowed under TRV. Their visa application might get rejected.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
What is your wife's status in Canada?

I'm not sure why you cannot apply online. Applications are still being accepted.
We are PR here.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Thank you guys for your feedback
Also my wife's parent's financial are based on rentals of home and shop mostly through cash
With no ITR

And they hardly have paper trail
Should I say my wife supports them ? We both have a permanent job here in Canada