+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Family Reunion - Spouse

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied TRV for my fiancé on March 17th, 2021, still waiting for the results. I am a PR, living and working in Alberta.
Submitted IMM0006E with the application to support the extended family member application.
Anybody have any idea how long its taking to get a decision ?
Where is your fiance from?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Processing is 6+ months. Has she done biometrics? If not she would have to travel to another country when her letter arrives unless offices have reopened in India in 6 months.
Thanks for your response Naturgrl.
She has valid biometrics from a previous transit visa application and that is reflecting in the account. I have checked the processing times and that is showing 142 days as of now. I read on IRCC website that they are prioritizing the application who are exempt from travel restrictions so I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process recently and have more realistic timeline.

gurnisha

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks for your response Naturgrl.
She has valid biometrics from a previous transit visa application and that is reflecting in the account. I have checked the processing times and that is showing 142 days as of now. I read on IRCC website that they are prioritizing the application who are exempt from travel restrictions so I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process recently and have more realistic timeline.
You are right, some people are getting replies pretty soon. Have you emailed IRCC to request priority processing? You can also email Delhi consulate, they are pretty responsive from what I have heard. May I also ask, how much in assets did you show for the visa application? Investments, property, job, etc.? You don't have to answer if you are not comfortable, or you can PM me

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
You are right, some people are getting replies pretty soon. Have you emailed IRCC to request priority processing? You can also email Delhi consulate, they are pretty responsive from what I have heard. May I also ask, how much in assets did you show for the visa application? Investments, property, job, etc.? You don't have to answer if you are not comfortable, or you can PM me
We showed about 35k CAD in bank statements. She has a stable job in IT sector which pays more than 100k INR (take home) and she is in the role for about three years. We submitted last three years IT returns and 6 months consecutive bank statements.
We also submitted the rental agreement which shows that she has a committed living arrangement in India throughout 2021.
Waiting for the results eagerly. I am planning to send an email at least after a month of my submission date.

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Hi all, I have applied for a visitor visa for my husband (20, January 2021) from the US.
I just want to know, would be the application process take place in Canada or the US.
Is my application comes under COVID exemption? Can I contact IRCC to consider my application for fast processing? Any light on this.
Thanks

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hi all, I have applied for a visitor visa for my husband (20, January 2021) from the US.
I just want to know, would be the application process take place in Canada or the US.
Is my application comes under COVID exemption? Can I contact IRCC to consider my application for fast processing? Any light on this.
Thanks
Hi, it depends on what status you have in Canada ?
If you are a Canadian Citizen then you may request IRCC, even then you need to tell IRCC, how your husband is exempt from travel restrictions ? Would be hard to explain since you are in US.
It’s hard to try to answer your questions without knowing your status in Canada and under what category you have applied for Visitor Visa for your husband?

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
I Have PR and I live in Canada. He applied for a visitor visa. I have a job as well, though it's a contract of one year. His PR is under process (My sponsorship eligibility got approved), more than one year now.

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Hi, it depends on what status you have in Canada ?
If you are a Canadian Citizen then you may request IRCC, even then you need to tell IRCC, how your husband is exempt from travel restrictions ? Would be hard to explain since you are in US.
It’s hard to try to answer your questions without knowing your status in Canada and under what category you have applied for Visitor Visa for your husband?
I Have PR and I live in Canada. I applied for a visitor visa for my husband who lives in US. I have a job as well, though it's a contract of one year. His PR is under process (My sponsorship eligibility got approved) but it's more than one year now still processing.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
hey do you know if applying delhi immigration helps in visitor application? and which is the email for delhi immigration? thank you

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I Have PR and I live in Canada. I applied for a visitor visa for my husband who lives in US. I have a job as well, though it's a contract of one year. His PR is under process (My sponsorship eligibility got approved) but it's more than one year now still processing.
Sorry for late reply, in your case, you can definitely send an email to IRCC for travel exemption and faster processing. Although, nothing is guaranteed. We all are in the same boat.
I applied on March 17th, 2021 and waiting for results.

Reactions: TRV_2021

Tkar

Mar 26, 2015
I applied TRV for my fiancé on March 17th, 2021, still waiting for the results. I am a PR, living and working in Alberta.
Submitted IMM0006E with the application to support the extended family member application.
Anybody have any idea how long its taking to get a decision ?
I have a similar case like you, can you please tell me if a spouse needs to do medical, if they have applied for TRV for less than 6 months?