+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Family Reunion - Spouse

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Sorry for late reply, in your case, you can definitely send an email to IRCC for travel exemption and faster processing. Although, nothing is guaranteed. We all are in the same boat.
I applied on March 17th, 2021 and waiting for results.
Thanks but unfortunately I have contacted them two times but no reply yet.
Seems to be endless waiting

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi All, sharing my spouse TRV timeline:

Applied on July 3,2020 (Applied from India)
Submitted application as a single with my invitation letter, proof of financials of both, her employment letter, IT returns.

Biometrics letter July 4,2020.

~Nov 30,2020
Sent email to IRCC covid attaching my PR card and Marriage certificate asking to prioritize on basis of immediate family member.

~Dec 12,2020
Received another biometrics letter with extended 90 days validity

Feb 8,2021
Biometrics submitted in Dubai. Account updated with biometrics details

~Feb 14,2021
Emailed IRCC covid again to prioritize the visa. Submitted PR, marriage certificate, Employment leave letter for a month.
Also raised a webform with same details and additionally attached a sample quarantine plan, property ownership and loan documents

~March 4,2021
Received webform acknowledgement that the documents are attached to the application for consideration.

~March 8,2021
Submitted GCNotes.

March 24,2021
Emailed IRCC covid again to prioritize TRV but this time added the payment receipt# and mentioned the intention about spousal application.

March 25,2021
Ourland family class application delivered to NS,Sydney.

March 26,2021
Wrote an email to local MP to gather info about TRV from IRCC. Got the same standard response that eligibility check is going on and it's delayed due to Covid.

April 15,2021
PPR for TRV in GCKey.

Reactions: cj7 and TRV_2021

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I have a similar case like you, can you please tell me if a spouse needs to do medical, if they have applied for TRV for less than 6 months?
No, as far as I know, medical is not needed for TRV (less than 6 months).

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Hi All, sharing my spouse TRV timeline:

Applied on July 3,2020 (Applied from India)
Submitted application as a single with my invitation letter, proof of financials of both, her employment letter, IT returns.

Biometrics letter July 4,2020.

~Nov 30,2020
Sent email to IRCC covid attaching my PR card and Marriage certificate asking to prioritize on basis of immediate family member.

~Dec 12,2020
Received another biometrics letter with extended 90 days validity

Feb 8,2021
Biometrics submitted in Dubai. Account updated with biometrics details

~Feb 14,2021
Emailed IRCC covid again to prioritize the visa. Submitted PR, marriage certificate, Employment leave letter for a month.
Also raised a webform with same details and additionally attached a sample quarantine plan, property ownership and loan documents

~March 4,2021
Received webform acknowledgement that the documents are attached to the application for consideration.

~March 8,2021
Submitted GCNotes.

March 24,2021
Emailed IRCC covid again to prioritize TRV but this time added the payment receipt# and mentioned the intention about spousal application.

March 25,2021
Ourland family class application delivered to NS,Sydney.

March 26,2021
Wrote an email to local MP to gather info about TRV from IRCC. Got the same standard response that eligibility check is going on and it's delayed due to Covid.

April 15,2021
PPR for TRV in GCKey.
Thanks for the elaboration, I will follow your footprints

gurnisha

Mar 24, 2021
All applicants for TRV, can you please share the following info. If not applicable enter NA:
Applicant country -
Status of application -
marital status at time of application -
dual intent indicated? -
employment status shown -
salary shown CAD -
length of leave from job shown -
total value of investments shown CAD -
total value of property shown CAD -
total number of properties shown -

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
My fiancé received Passport request today.
We applied for TRV on March 17, 2021 and followed up with IRCC on April 19th, 2021.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi guys,

I am in a unique situation. I applied for my wife's TRV on Dec 29 (Biometrics already submitted).

Yesterday at 5 pm, we received an update in GCKey that was for the Biometrics Validity - correspondence letter.

Usually, per TRV protocol, this email is always followed by a decision 5-10 minutes later.

But in our case, its been over 17 hours and we still dont have a decision.

Has anyone faced this situation before? Please share your experience, if so.

toyrus2003

Sep 5, 2017
We applied for TRV on March 17, 2021 and followed up with IRCC on April 19th, 2021.
Hi, please what was your proof of relationship? Did you submit any proof?
Also, can you share with me the format of the letter you sent to IRCC for authorization? Thank you

arshdeep001

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Hi guys,

I am in a unique situation. I applied for my wife's TRV on Dec 29 (Biometrics already submitted).

Yesterday at 5 pm, we received an update in GCKey that was for the Biometrics Validity - correspondence letter.

Usually, per TRV protocol, this email is always followed by a decision 5-10 minutes later.

But in our case, its been over 17 hours and we still dont have a decision.

Has anyone faced this situation before? Please share your experience, if so.
Hello it happened to me as well, just received biometrics validity letter, is this a positive sign of receiving TRV approval or not ? have you got your decision ?

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
Hello,

I am a PR applicant and my application date is 27th Jan, 2020. Everything seems to have passed and remeds are also done. My husband is in Canada on student visa since april 2019 and recently got his work permit. The PR file does not seem to be moving a bit now and it has been 2 years since i met my husband. I want to know if putting a visit visa application will help? This wait is eccrutiating and not knowing how long to wait hurts me even more.

Thank you,
Aarti

nikita2912

Jan 27, 2021
Hi and congratulations!
Can you please mention your supporting documents for this TRV application ?
I have been rejected twice and want to make sure of everything before I apply for the third time.

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Does anyone know what to show as proof of funds if the wife who's applying for family reunification does not have a job?